• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Will Pokebank still work after the dreaded "May 20th Shutdown"?

User Info: violin1111

violin1111
5 years ago#1
Hey, I've recently started to get back into Pokemon(thanks to tpp I'm enjoying the games again), and I want to literally catch them all, or try and catch as many as I possibly can... I'll want to trade all my Pokemon to X and Y, but will anyone one be able to after May 20th?

This means that Pokebank will be shortlived, seeing as it's a DSi and 3DS game which requires Wifi to use.

I want to get as many Pokemon as I can and then trade them on to X and Y so I have everything.
Rock Band 3, SBB:Brawl, RS07, Pokemon: SS, -- Currently Playing

User Info: Gamecube_Gamer

Gamecube_Gamer
5 years ago#2
You will. I got confirmation from Nintendo:

Hello,

Thank you for writing in. I can definitely understand your concerns about being able to use the Poke Transporter since the Nintendo WFC service will end on May 20th, 2014. In answer to your question, yes, you will still be able to use that service with those Pokemon games. While the Nintendo WFC won't be available, that service isn't needed since the Poke Transporter is what connects to the Internet during that process.
Dark Knight MirielxSorcerer MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.

User Info: violin1111

violin1111
5 years ago#3
Thank you.

Pool's closed.
Rock Band 3, SBB:Brawl, RS07, Pokemon: SS, -- Currently Playing
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Will Pokebank still work after the dreaded "May 20th Shutdown"?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers