• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Why does Ditto speed tie lower level pokemon?

User Info: Buzz_Lightyear

Buzz_Lightyear
8 years ago#1
So I finally caught an Imposter Ditto, and I was testing him out against some random low level pokemon (never bothered using him before this). To my surprise, I found that my level 49 Ditto speed ties level 25 opponents. Yet the other stats seem to be different, because Ditto did more damage to them than they did to it.

Does this mean that Transform always copies the targets speed exactly, regardless of level, yet recalculates other stats to match the level? Or what? How exactly does Transform work when transforming into a pokemon with a lower level?

User Info: Amesang

Amesang
8 years ago#2
As far as I'm aware, Ditto should copy each of its opponent's stats except for HP; so, technically speaking, they should be doing roughly the same damage to each other… it'll just look less in Ditto's case because, odds are, he'll have more Hit Points than a much lower leveled opponent.
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone

User Info: Buzz_Lightyear

Buzz_Lightyear
8 years ago#3
So Ditto's ingame level is meaningless (aside from HP)?

User Info: gbchaosmaster

gbchaosmaster
8 years ago#4
Yes, it's meaningless aside from HP.
gbchaosmaster
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Why does Ditto speed tie lower level pokemon?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A