Decent Covert Team

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Summoner
  3. Decent Covert Team

User Info: Xenogearj

Xenogearj
5 years ago#1
I was planning on making a decent covert mystic team, with Increase/Decrease Skills. I've been looking for these 3:

Renegade Alraune (possibly 6-8 EP)
Underdark Dvergr (possibly 5-7 EP)
Glamorour Alraune (possibly 3-6 EP)
*would mention fairy Doya but Flesh Triffid is a good, cheap substitute

Now I imagine having these would be good, but there are several shortcomings:
1) Acquiring, and then +ing them would cost at least 24 EP
2) I've been 'lurking' for a while now and I haven't even seen either a Renegade or an Underdark for sale/trade
3) A mystic team lacks an AGI component, which I gather is pretty important in any serious formation

So I was wondering, should I transition into another Covert formation? The next, possibly easiest formation seems to be a Wyrm team, save for the Mesh Dragon which seems like something everyone wants their hands on.

I'm almost tempted to make another covert crawler formation...
Dark Summoner ID: 1754907860

User Info: DarkXAsura

DarkXAsura
5 years ago#2
honestly, Mystic team is just for the ladies ;)

Renegade was an event monster. I had one before and the price goes for 20eps
Underdark as well was an event reward monster from way back when, his price is around the same

So it would cost more than you expected XD

In the past, I've had a full mystic team consisting of
- renegade
- underdark
- alraune
- tita
- bedella

Now the things is this team hits pretty hard
Unfortunately, Agi is missing which you mentioned before.

An ideal team for covert is either wyrms or beasts as they are the main types for Covert.

Hope that helps

cheers!

User Info: Roushlamn

Roushlamn
5 years ago#3
Creation also has some good demons... Just no agi again. Just out of what I have in inventory I put this together to see...

1) Jade Flash, Garb (IPA)
2) Tide Demon (IPD)
3) Unholy Vice Demon (Crit)
4) Druj Nasu (DEA)
5) Naga General (PS)

Xenogearj
5 years ago#4
Thx guys. I was also thinking Beast as well as Wyrm formation. If I did a Wyrm formation, would it be ok to have Hellfire and Sky Dragon (weak, but winged) over other non-winged but higher BP Covert Wyrms? Would DoH and SD be too much of a liability?

Here's a Winged Wyrm formation I think would be good:
Dragonlord of Hellfire/13/IPD
Sky Dragaon/15/IPA
Lindwurm/19/AGI
Mesh Dragon/23/DED
Raging Vitra/22/Impulse Down (cheap Quetz alternative)

Here's a possible beast team I was considering:
Centaurus/Terra Ogame/DED
Armored Becephalus/Cetus/IPA
Bayard/AGI
High Knight Beast/Impulse Down
**5th/Dunno
======

On another note, I found Dvergr going for 3ep and glam for little more, if anything I could get them A+ with 18EP (most). Renegade is another story entirely, only seen one with "offer" as a price.

Roushlamn
5 years ago#5
Wyrm set up looks ok. I got spore dragon, sea of clouds dragon, and raging vritra if you are interested in any of those.

Xenogearj
5 years ago#6
Lol thx rou. I managed a underdark dvergr for 2 BP, should I bite?! Also it's lv 60, but doesn't matter much since I may evolve it... Guys?

Roushlamn
5 years ago#7
Seems to me that the issue would be renegade. So unless you can find renegade for decent or a good replacement then there is really no point in continuing to make a mystic team.

User Info: reevil123

reevil123
5 years ago#8
Roushlamn posted...
Seems to me that the issue would be renegade. So unless you can find renegade for decent or a good replacement then there is really no point in continuing to make a mystic team.

I think he already stated he is now going with a wyrm or beast team.

Roushlamn
5 years ago#9
If you look at the post just before mine, you will see him asking if he should grab dvergr for 2 ep. I responded that he shouldn't unless he is sure he can get the other monster....

OP, what did you decide to do?

Xenogearj
5 years ago#10
I just got a Fairy Doyen Tita as a random monster, though I already got Triffid. I don't know why but I'm really drawn to the Mystic team. I'm stubborn that way I guess.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Summoner
  3. Decent Covert Team

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived