• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave
  3. Are the enemies really uncreative, or is it just me?

User Info: FinalxFantasy

FinalxFantasy
1 year ago#1
I’ve loved this game series since I was 8 years old, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed that every single enemy is a slightly edited version of something that already exists in real life or mythology. The game also uses the same enemies in multiple dungeons, except their name and design is a little different.
Chocobo's Dungeon is so underrated you probably don't even know what it is and if you do, you are amazing
Nah, not just you. I also think the enemies are pretty overly generic to a fault, imo.

FinalxFantasy posted...
The game also uses the same enemies in multiple dungeons, except their name and design is a little different.

Common rpg trope, for enemies in RPG's to have reskins/palette swaps.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Switch: SW-3337-1639-7884
Discord link: https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb | ''I reject your wit and substitute my own.'' - guwa

User Info: Drflash55

Drflash55
6 months ago#3
I've noticed that as well too.

It's just easier to reuse the same enemies over and over again and just recolour them to make them seem different than the previous ones to try to squeeze out as much as the post-game as they can.

Also, off-topic, but I am getting back into this game as well. Might finally finish up that FAQ that I started on so long ago and never got around to fully finishing... still didn't get that Spades clothe though.

EDIT: Disregard that previous statement. My mind wasn't fully remembering what I did back then. It was just so long ago that I didn't get it. Heh.
*Chaaoooo...*
(edited 6 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave
  3. Are the enemies really uncreative, or is it just me?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A