• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave
  3. The perseverance for Spades.

User Info: Drflash55

Drflash55
4 years ago#1
I'm giving the spades clothe another go. Dark Goblins have been showing up at least once every four times in the place I get them to spawn in, and I have gotten a battle of four.

So far, I still don't have it, but I'm trying so hard to get it. Dark Goblins are just being really picky with the rare item drop rate...

I think the Dark Goblins Rare Item RNG is about 4.70%, but this is just an estimate from hours of battling these guys and them not dropping the rare item.

EDIT: Been farming these guys for about 37 minutes.
I only got an Antenna Power+ from a Dark Dragon and a Full Potion from the Dark Goblins.

Thinking of changing my party so I have more high attack guys on my team with Light Bracelet and Natural clothes so they are able to take down the Dark Goblins more quickly, thus decreasing the amount of time between each battle.

EDIT 2: Game decides to taunt me by getting me more and more Full Potions. Heck, I think I'd have better chances of getting Spades with the AT trick then just by normal means (I would have to use it when I see a Golden Ham and hope that it will call in Dark Goblins like crazy).
A wise man once said, "Absence makes the heart go yonder."
And it's not the other way around.

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
4 years ago#2
Yeah, I'd just stick with AT trick. Much more feasible and no worrying about drops being stolen by common junk when it could be the rare that is the only thing that CAN drop instead.
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Fantasy Life GameFAQs chatbox: http://fantasylifegfaqs.chatango.com
The place to go for helpful and friendly FL players to hangout!

Drflash55
4 years ago#3
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Yeah, I'd just stick with AT trick. Much more feasible and no worrying about drops being stolen by common junk when it could be the rare that is the only thing that CAN drop instead.

Would it be better to use AT for every Goblin encounter, or the Golden Ham encounters?

Only thing is about Golden Hams, is that they only seem to spawn in Dark Mammoths, or Dark Dragons. The Dark Goblins don't appear as often...

Drflash55
4 years ago#4
Well, I came across a party of 5 Dark Goblins...

I decided it was a good time to use the AT, and got nothing...

This game is now being REALLY picky at not even giving me any kind of drops...

SapphireOfChaos
4 years ago#5
This may be an odd question, but are you sure that your AT Denpa actually got to use his skill in the battle, before the Dark Goblins were killed? I know they are slow in this game, much slower than in the newer ones, but having nothing drop is beyong out of the ordinary.
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Fantasy Life GameFAQs chatbox: http://fantasylifegfaqs.chatango.com

Drflash55
4 years ago#6
Chaosmaster00 posted...
This may be an odd question, but are you sure that your AT Denpa actually got to use his skill in the battle, before the Dark Goblins were killed? I know they are slow in this game, much slower than in the newer ones, but having nothing drop is beyong out of the ordinary.

Yes, I gave him Natrual and Speed Shoes+ which makes him about as fast as my Great Rage (All) Denpa Men who goes before all my other guys... Only thing is, now that I'm doing this, the Dark Goblins are not giving me any drops besides the ones that AT is using...

Sorry if I wasn't being clear... The AT is dropping me the normal items, but when the game wants to drop an item, which in this case, would be the rare item, it never does so.

SapphireOfChaos
4 years ago#7
Ah... then yeah, just gotta persevere, in that case.

Drflash55
4 years ago#8
I've kinda started my second playthrough, but I've been thinking of re-using one of my old save data backups, so I can try to get the spades...

Drflash55
4 years ago#9
Still have been on my 2nd playthrough, I got the Diamonds clothe out of pure coincidence from the Goblins in the ice place.

Wanting to finish my 2nd playthrough, before I go back to farming spades again.

Drflash55
4 years ago#10
On July 18th, 3:54 AM...

I FINALLY GOT THE SPADES!

I was doing my 2nd playthrough, wanted to go back to my first file to farm again.
Encountered 2 Dark Goblins and Golden Hams, so I decided to use AT. The fight ended, and... THERE IT WAS!

I waited 3 years for this, no joke... But, I FINALLY got it!!!

^ _ ^
  1. Boards
  2. The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave
  3. The perseverance for Spades.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

What are all the possible hero denpa men? General11 Answers
More denpa men? General2 Answers
Emblems - Any use besides selling? Side Quest2 Answers
Where can I find all 235 item? Side Quest2 Answers