• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rayman Origins
  3. Flying controls are awful with my D-PAD. It won't recognize diagonals.

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
7 years ago#1
If I try to go in a NE/SE/NW/SW direction Rayman will stop completely. Anyone else having this problem?
3DS FC: 5370 - 0672 -9935 (xcyper33)/ Vita/PSN: Xcyper_33
Specs: [Phenom II X4 955 BE] [4GB DDR2] [ASUS M4A77D] [CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]

User Info: SefcaBlight

SefcaBlight
7 years ago#2
Nope. Then again I use a 360 controller with the analog stick

User Info: Energy Surge

Energy Surge
7 years ago#3
It's a problem with digital inputs. You have to use an analog stick, or make Windows think the directional buttons are an analog axis.

I use MotioninJoy to make windows think my PS3 controller is a 360 controller. In 360 mode, the game won't take input from two directional buttons at once. However, if I set the controller to appear as "Digital Gamepad (Dpad, no joystick)" windows sees the directional buttons as an analog stick, even though they only ever go from dead zone to fully pressed. But because they show up as an axis, Rayman Origins will allow two direction inputs at once to work.

At least that's how it was with the demo, I've just been using the analog sticks with the full game.
The only reason lightning never strikes in the same place twice, is that the same place isn't there the second time.
  1. Boards
  2. Rayman Origins
  3. Flying controls are awful with my D-PAD. It won't recognize diagonals.
  • Topic Archived