• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
  3. How do you play as anyone in the city in free play mode? (not in missions)

User Info: Pappyland

Pappyland
6 years ago#1
So yeah, I think the title pretty much sums it up. For some dumb reason, I can only do free play mode in missions, but I need to do free play mode in the city. I would say I'm about half way through the story, if not more, I'm on the city hall rally mission and have like 45 gold bricks.

Do I have to beat the game first to do this? Or get a certian number of gold bricks? I can only run around as Batman and Superman right now, but I need Robin for several things.

User Info: BlazeKey

BlazeKey
6 years ago#2
Beat the game first.
A Brawl disc is like a pair of scissors; DON'T RUN WITH THEM!!!
3DS Code - 4038-6081-5486

User Info: eadamg

eadamg
6 years ago#3
Each time you wind up in the batcave you're technically in free play mode. You don't have to go on to the next mission if you don't want to. Just leave the batcave travel through the different parts of the city and unlock and buy new characters, vehicles, get gold and red bricks.

I would suggest grabbing these characters as they are needed to get 100% when you do free play on missions
Lex Luther (ontop of the yacht in the gotham city yacht club)
Joker (Ace chemical plant)
Riddler (ontop of wayne tower) You need at least superman or some type of aircraft to reach him, on the second island
Aquaman: Don't remember the exact location
Poison Ivy: The Botanic gardens just outside bruce wayne's mansion
Penguin: Artic world globe in the zoo. There are two levels in the globe go to the one on the very top. You need a flyer to get there.

Cyborg, Superman, Flash, Green Latern are needed as well to get 100% but you unlock them through story.

User Info: EricDent1

EricDent1
6 years ago#4
You can't get Lex Luthor or Joker until you beat the Story Mode.
This is due to both of the Batcomputer Tie-Ins near them need The Flash to put back together.
Since he is the only character that can build Deconstructed items.

Because you don't get The Flash until after the last level of Story Mode, you can't make those villains show up. If they do somehow, you won't be able to beat them up.

After Level 4 of the Story, you can go around and catch any of the other Villains if you want.
Though you will need Superman to get Brainiac & General Zod, since he's the only one that can hurt them.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever

User Info: eadamg

eadamg
6 years ago#5
EricDent1 posted...
You can't get Lex Luthor or Joker until you beat the Story Mode.
This is due to both of the Batcomputer Tie-Ins near them need The Flash to put back together.
Since he is the only character that can build Deconstructed items.

Because you don't get The Flash until after the last level of Story Mode, you can't make those villains show up. If they do somehow, you won't be able to beat them up.

After Level 4 of the Story, you can go around and catch any of the other Villains if you want.
Though you will need Superman to get Brainiac & General Zod, since he's the only one that can hurt them.

You're right about Luthor and Joker EricDent1 I completely forgot I used Flash to build the terminal parts. Thanks for that correction.

User Info: dhowerter

dhowerter
6 years ago#6
Man, there are a lot of characters to play as in this game. :-)

BTW, can you play as Martian Manhunter?

User Info: kratos9797

kratos9797
6 years ago#7
dhowerter posted...
Man, there are a lot of characters to play as in this game. :-)

BTW, can you play as Martian Manhunter?

Yes but you can't buy him til you have 175 gold bricks.
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.

User Info: dhowerter

dhowerter
6 years ago#8
Neat! :-)

1. Boards
  2. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
  3. How do you play as anyone in the city in free play mode? (not in missions)
  • Topic Archived