• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man
  3. Evidently this game is terrible.

User Info: MGSDizzle

MGSDizzle
9 years ago#1
http://www.gamingtruth.com/2012/06/14/the-amazing-spider-man-demo-impressions-for-3ds/

Started to download the demo, read this, stopped. Good grief.

User Info: elbert_b_23

elbert_b_23
9 years ago#2
your basing your thoughts of a demo off a web site called " gaming truth", i for one liked the demo it was fun and felt like a spiderman game

User Info: Dante_Defiance

Dante_Defiance
9 years ago#3
Huh...weird I kinda enjoyed the demo. In fact, I was utterly convinced this game would be complete garbage but ended up slightly interested. I didn't encounter any of the problems listed in that article.

The gentleman that wrote the article said the game looked like a mid-life PSX game. Well...this is a Spider-Man game that was released pretty late in the PS1's life:

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20050523/spiderman.jpg

I'd say the 3DS game looked somewhere between PS1 and PS2. Nothing great, but not nearly as bad as that guy made it out to be. Furthermore I encountered zero slowdown and the combat (while admittedly simple) was pretty fluid! The only thing I sort of agree with is the camera issues. It wasn't terrible, but I felt like I had to fiddle with it too much.

You should go ahead and try it out anyway MGSDizzle. It's not like it cost you anything :-/
| \ a n t e
|_/ e f i a n c e

User Info: LemonKweenstaaa

LemonKweenstaaa
9 years ago#4
You could at least give the game a chance. You let an opinion stop you from playing a free demo.

User Info: OtherSuperPhil

OtherSuperPhil
9 years ago#5
Try the demo. It's not like it costs anything but a little time.
If you need to see everything wrong with gamers and their (lack of) maturity, come visit a gaming message board.

User Info: IcyBlaze_XZ

IcyBlaze_XZ
9 years ago#6
It's entertaining for something that's free, and probably worth your time to check out and download, but it's clear Beenox put less than 10% of the effort into this port as they did the real 360/PS3 versions.
b

User Info: EnzanChaud

EnzanChaud
9 years ago#7
That's odd. Enemies do interact with each other. enemies talk to each other on Super Hero mode and look out for each other, if there are more than two and you botch a stealth attack the others will be all over you. Furthermore when you throw one enemy into another it they do get hurt from what I've seen. But they don't take as much damage as say, comboing them directly.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
9 years ago#8
Sad.
Xbox Series X - PS5: RonBurgundy929

User Info: TheGreatUnown

TheGreatUnown
9 years ago#9
Wow, and I thought IGN was bad.
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man
  3. Evidently this game is terrible.