You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halls of Montezuma: A Battle History of the U.S. Marine Corps
  3. Sabrina, The Teenage Witch Episode Elimination (Seasons 1-4)
Looks like I get to pick the winner. Yay! And the winner is....

"To Tell a Mortal!" This is one of the best episodes in the history of the show. I loved the concept of both Valerie and Harvey knowing Sabrina's secret that she's a witch, even if just for 24 hours. Even Libby knows Sabrina's secret, and plans to use that against her. Of course, it all backfires on Libby, and the whole town forgets soon enough anyways. "The Good, Bad, and the Luau" is another excellent episode too. I loved the concept of Sabrina not only solving her Family Secret, but also finding out she has a twin as well! And I loved the twist that her twin Katrina is her evil twin. It was a solid way to close out the very strong season that was Season 3. But I just happen to like "To Tell A Mortal" better, so that one wins. ^_~

Final Standings:

#1: To Tell a Mortal
#2: The Good, the Bad and the Luau
#3: Silent Movie
#4: Episode LXXXI: The Phantom Menace
#5: As Westbridge Turns
#6: Mom vs. Magic
#7: A River of Candy Corn Runs Through It
#8: The Crucible
#9: When Teens Collide
#10: Sabrina Gets Her License: Part 1
#11: Jenny's Non-Dream
#12: Salem, the Boy
#13: The End of an Era
#14: She's Baaaack!
#15: The Four Faces of Sabrina
#16: Boy Was My Face Red
#17: Five Easy Pieces of Libby
#18: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Season Opener
#19: Nobody Nose Libby Like Sabrina Nose Libby
#20: Hilda and Zelda: the Teenage Years

So glad this is over finally! And it only took us nine months. And I just restarted watching Sabrina too. What a coincidence. I'll post my preferences later. ^_~
The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror

User Info: Tutankoopa

Tutankoopa
4 weeks ago#102
Yes, I'm glad "To Tell a Mortal!" won! This is definitely one of my most favorite episodes on the show. I love how Sabrina was able to tell her friends that she's a witch, even for a single day. I also love how supportive Harvey and Valerie are to her at the end of the episode, even when Libby tried to bring the media to Sabrina's house. So glad that episode had a happy ending and not the usual ending where Sabrina gets shortchanged. ^_~

The Luau episode is amazing though too. This episode definitely delivers after the whole family secret mystery throughout the entire season. I would've never guessed that the Spellman family secret involves Sabrina having an evil twin. I love the whole Hawaiian theme of the episode, and seeing all the crazy Spellmans on one screen. XD Also, the side plot where Harvey's mom is pregnant with Lola's kittens was a cute side story too. The only downside to this episode is that we never see Val and Libby again. ^_~

Here are my rankings for the Top 20! I'm curious on what your rankings will look like because I know I eliminated some of your favorite episodes early like the band episode and the Season 4 opener. ^_~

#1: To Tell a Mortal (Good)
#2: The Good, the Bad and the Luau (Good)
#3: Silent Movie (Down to spot #5)
#4: Episode LXXXI: The Phantom Menace (Good)
#5: As Westbridge Turns (Up to spot #3)
#6: Mom vs. Magic (Good)
#7: A River of Candy Corn Runs Through It (Good)
#8: The Crucible (Good)
#9: When Teens Collide (Good, maybe a little lower)
#10: Sabrina Gets Her License: Part 1 (Good, maybe a couple of spots higher)
#11: Jenny's Non-Dream (Move to spot #10)
#12: Salem, the Boy (Lower)
#13: The End of an Era (Good)
#14: She's Baaaack! (Good)
#15: The Four Faces of Sabrina (Good)
#16: Boy Was My Face Red (A little lower)
#17: Five Easy Pieces of Libby (Higher)
#18: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Season Opener (Good)
#19: Nobody Nose Libby Like Sabrina Nose Libby (Lower, maybe not Top 20)
#20: Hilda and Zelda: the Teenage Years (Good)
Baltimore Orioles: 3-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 8-8
Why Not? 2012 | 2014
Yeah, I'm glad "To Tell A Mortal" won. It's definitely one of the best episodes in the shows history. Same with the Luau episode. Excellent choice for a top two. ^_~

Here are my rankings:

#1: To Tell a Mortal (Good)
#2: The Good, the Bad and the Luau (Good)
#3: Silent Movie (Good)
#4: Episode LXXXI: The Phantom Menace (Maybe a little lower)
#5: As Westbridge Turns (One spot higher)
#6: Mom vs. Magic (Good)
#7: A River of Candy Corn Runs Through It (A little higher)
#8: The Crucible (Good)
#9: When Teens Collide (A little higher)
#10: Sabrina Gets Her License: Part 1 (Good)
#11: Jenny's Non-Dream (Good)
#12: Salem, the Boy (Lower)
#13: The End of an Era (Good)
#14: She's Baaaack! (A little lower)
#15: The Four Faces of Sabrina (Good)
#16: Boy Was My Face Red (A little lower)
#17: Five Easy Pieces of Libby (Higher)
#18: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Season Opener (Good)
#19: Nobody Nose Libby Like Sabrina Nose Libby (Lower, maybe not Top 20)
#20: Hilda and Zelda: the Teenage Years (Good)

So pretty much the same as you, with a few differences. Replacing #19 would probably be "The Band Episode," my favorite episode in the whole series. The Season 4 premiere probably should've stuck around longer, but I wouldn't consider it Top 20 material. ^_~

Well, I guess this is it now! I don't really want to start a Seasons 5-7 elimination thread. Since this thread took a long time, and you don't even like the later seasons. Question is what do we start for a thread now? Since now we have the opposite problem we've had in the past, not enough threads to post in. XD;;; Still would be nice to have another thread on my board though. Especially since a sixth thread would move our purge rate up to one year. ^_~
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Tutankoopa

Tutankoopa
4 weeks ago#104
Glad to see we both agree on To Tell A Mortal is the winner! But then again, almost all of these Top 20 episodes are amazing in their own way. Way better than a Top 20 Full House episode list. XD I honestly wouldn't mind the Band episode being in the Top 20 either. Looking back now, I love all the 90's references to that episode. And the fact that the shows used current and popular bands during that time. And not some washed up band like the Beach Boys (*cough Full House cough*). ^_~

I wouldn't mind doing a Season 5-7 episode elimination, but the main problem is that I only watched a handful of Season 5 episodes, no episodes from Season 6, and only the season finale episode of Season 7. And it would probably take us 3 years to complete if we were to actually play this game. XD I actually have an idea for an elimination thread. I want to start a "PT Member Elimination" thread where we try to find the best PT member. It would be an elimination game that would list a bunch of people throughout the forum's history. Of course, we would have to start it on my Gnome board though. I think it could potentially be fun. We would exclude ourselves from the list for obvious reasons. XD
Baltimore Orioles: 3-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 8-8
Why Not? 2012 | 2014
Yeah, I really don't want to do a Seasons 5-7 list. If we did that, it would literally just be me eliminating episodes because you don't like or watch those episodes. If we did that, we would be here for years. And I really, really don't want to start a PT elimination thread. Even if it is on my board. It's boring, and I really don't feel like making yet another elimination game. I think I have an idea for another thread on this board. It's kind of another Hangout Zone type thread, for general discussion. It's just for the sake of making a 6th thread, just for the sake of giving us a purge rate of one year. Might start it later, but we'll see. How does that sound to you?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Halls of Montezuma: A Battle History of the U.S. Marine Corps
  3. Sabrina, The Teenage Witch Episode Elimination (Seasons 1-4)