You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halls of Montezuma: A Battle History of the U.S. Marine Corps
  3. ***Halls of Montezuma Hangout Topic*** Reboot!

User Info: Tutankoopa

Tutankoopa
3 months ago#91
LMAO, I actually forgot about the third part of the bashfic! I think it would be a perfect time to review it considering all the drama about Aunt Becky/Lori Loughlin going to jail for bribery. XD Too bad something like that couldn't happen on the show to Jesse. I definitely should be able to review it this weekend since I will be sitting in the car dealership for a couple of hours to have my jeep repaired. ^_~

On a side note, I believe they changed the purge rate rule on the site. Now topics will remain on a message board for a very long period of time depending on the number of topics. For example, this board has 4 topics currently. According to the new rules, no topics will ever purge from this board unless we create more topics. This is a great new addition and save us the chore of bumping topics. Too bad this wasn't implemented a year ago. XD

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/help/19-rules-and-standards

Since February 2019, non-stickied topics are cleaned up based on the order of the last post made in a topic, newest to oldest:

Topics 1-5: Not archived/deleted
Topics 6-20: 1 Year
Topics 21-40: 6 Months
Topics 41-100: 3 Months
Topics 101-200: 30 Days
Topics 201-400: 10 Days
Topics 401-750: 5 Days
Topics 751-1000: 2 Days
Topics 1000-: Always archived/deleted
Baltimore Orioles: 3-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 8-8
Why Not? 2012 | 2014

User Info: goodgollyregina

goodgollyregina
3 months ago#92
OMG YES the Aunt Becky/Lori Loughlin college bribery stuff! It's amazing what people do just to get their kids into college. It's just like something out of a Lifetime movie. Who knows, maybe I can work that into a Full House bashfic. Or Fuller House, since we are talking recent time after all. Becky uses bribery to get either Nicky, Alex, or a child of her and Danny's into college. XD;;; And I've watched enough Lifetime movies regarding High School and college scandals, so I could probably pull that off. ^_~ And this weekend would be the perfect time to review Part 3 of my bashfic. Since you'll be waiting for your Jeep to get repaired after all. ^_~

And wow, a new purge rate? That's been in effect for a month now? I don't remember reading any announcement on it, and I checked the announcement board too. So I've been bumping threads for the past month for nothing. XD;;; Very generous purge rate too, especially since our boards only have four or less topics on them. Though that means our postcount will pile up now. While this is a much better purge rate, and we never have to worry about bumping again, it's also good to trim down on postcount too. I was wondering why one of the threads on my private board from February still hadn't purged yet. ^_~
The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror
(edited 3 months ago)

Tutankoopa
3 months ago#93
Time to review Part 3 of the Full House bashfic! I only reviewed up to the point where the Smash Club was about to be demolished since I ran out of time. But I will review the rest of it later. I will also invite TBK so he can provide you some pointers about how to include unnecessary details and how to make your fanfics overly pretentious. ^_~

I forgot that Jesse still has his loser Smash Club in this series. This is probably the only thing of value that belongs to him. It would be a shame if this legendary building that featured many successful and talented musicians was destroyed. *wink wink* ^_~ Good riddance that they got rid of all of Jesse's recording equipment from Danny's basement. It was one thing for Jesse to force Becky and his two kids to live in an attic, it was another thing to guilt his brother-in-law to build an entire studio in his downstairs basement. Exercise equipment sounds like a great replacement to Jesse's crap! But then again, an empty basement would be more valuable than his recording studio. ^_~

LMAO, I could totally picture Danny and Becky reaction reading about the newspaper article about the Smash Club being torn down! XD I hope this was a front page news story and everyone in the city of San Francisco comes to watch it. It really was a s*** stain mark on society and whoever provided Jesse the funding to build it should be removed from the human race. ^_~ I'm surprised the Smash Club didn't close down long before the controversy between Jesse/Danny/Becky since the club looked so awful and boring. I would rather go to Roseland Ranch than visit that dumbass club! ^_~ It was so lame that the producers tried so hard to force the Smash Club to be some cool and hip place to hang out. I would rather watch scenes of an overcrowded Full House than one second in that miserable POS club. Even the Tanners spending so much time in the club is unrealistic because they have no connection to the club besides their loser Uncle owning it. ^_~

Typical Jesse being completely oblivious about how his Smash Club was failing. No surprise either since he was oblivious that his wife was cheating on him. Even if the public was never aware of Jesse's antics, I still think the club would've been shutdown for being a waste of space. ^_~ I love how savage the woman on the phone is towards Jesse also. Even she probably thinks that Jesse is a big POS and waste of space. ^_~

I love that there's a big crown for the destruction of the Smash Club. I like to think that this was a live event that could be seen from around the world. Probably the biggest event on television after the Stone Marker episode. ^_~ I also like how Stephanie is excited for the demolition of this s*** stain building. Especially after all the times Jesse treated her like s*** and let Michelle get away with the same crap. I love how the whole family (including Joey) is excited for the building to get destroyed. +1 for Joey. XD Unfortunately, if this was an actual episode on the show, the entire Tanner family would be all dressed in black while the camera zooming in on their fake crying faces. And then the Mayor of San Francisco would magically change his mind about destroying the Smash Club. -_- Even his own kids are excited for the club to go down under. Although if this fanfic takes place two years after the Smash Club is built, wouldn't Nicky and Alex be 6-7 years old? It's funny to see them still talk like babies in this fanfic. If Full House lasted another 2-3 seasons, they would probably still be talking that way. XD
Why Not? 2012 | 2014

goodgollyregina
3 months ago#94
Alrighty then, I will break out my notepad and takes notes on how to make my writing as pretentious as possible. I will also write about how many times the characters both breathe and blink. ^_~

And yes Jesse loses his smash club in Part 3, the final piece to the "Jesse loses everything he once owned" puzzle. Hell he even loses his recording basement too. I can't believe Jesse guilted Danny into making that damn recording studio. I mean, how many other people even used that recording studio besides Jesse? I'm glad all of his recording s*** is gone too, even an empty basement is worth more than some stupid recording studio, like you said. ^_~ And yes Becky and Danny are ecstatic to hear about the demise of the Smash Club. XD;;; It was also a huge news story in San Francisco, both the announcement and the demolishing of the Smash Club itself. Whoever gave Jesse the funding to run that building a second time around should be fired, and never be allowed to fund anything again. That club really should've shut down immediately after the Jesse/Danny/Becky controversy on Jerry Springer. After all, that is how Vicky lost her intern job and fled back to Chicago. Roseland Ranch is definitely a far better place to hang out at than some stupid Smash Club. ^_~ I never understood the hype for that club, and why the producers hyped it up as much as they did. The Tanners had zero connections to the club, just that Jesse owns it. Whoopdy doo, right? ^_~

Once again, Jesse is both oblivious, and denies any wrongdoing. I'm glad the woman on the phone saw right through Jesse's s***, and refused to keep his club. ^_~ Of course the entitled douche has to curse her out over the phone too. What a prince charming Jesse is, huh? ^_~ And there was definitely a crowd for the demolition of the Smash Club. It really should've been a worldwide event, after the Paintbrush episode of course. ^_~ Everyone is excited about the Smash Club destruction, from Stephanie to Joey. XD;;; Of course, if this were an actual Full House episode, the Tanners would be either dressed in black and fake crying, or they'd be going to every length possible trying to stop the destruction. And they'd be protesting with picket fences and demanding they leave the building alone. I like the fake crying idea though. If they could shed that many fake tears over Papouli, they could do it over the Smash Club too. Then their endless b****ing would work, and the Smash Club would be allowed to stay up after all. -_- And Nicky and Alex are about 4-5 years old in these bashfics. These bashfics take place immediately after the real show ends. Jesse had owned the Smash Club for two years, from Season 7 of the show, to now. But given how slow the twins were, I wouldn't be surprised if they still talked like babies, even at 6-7 years old. But yes even they are excited about the club going down under too. XD;;;

You'll also like the second half of the bashfic too. It shows Jesse's life after the Smash Club goes kaput. Thought he was a loser then, you should see him in the second half of Part 3. Be on the look out for a surprising twist at the tail end of the bashfic too. ^_~
(edited 3 months ago)

Tutankoopa
2 months ago#95
Don't worry, I've been taking excessive notes about this fanfic while reading it. I'm disappointed by the lack of [laughter from audience] and [cues sad music] lines not being included in the fanfic. Also, you did not describe the body type, skin color, hair color, eye color, height, shoe size, etc. for each of the characters. These details are crucial for a successful fanfic. Don't worry, I enrolled you in the TBK School of Pretentious Writing. It will only cost you 100 grannies. ^_~

I always thought it was very unreasonable for Danny to turn his basement into Jesse's recording studio on the actual show. I don't remember all of the details behind the recording studio, but did everyone in the house get a say about this? I doubt Stephanie and DJ would be cool with this in real life. Especially taking up a part of the house where they could chill with their friends. Good riddance though that Danny and Becky trashed all that garbage in the fanfic. XD I hate when sitcoms act like their house is the main attraction for everybody in the neighborhood. The Golden Girls did this too where every single date, family member, party, etc. had to be featured inside the house. Although I would much rather have scenes in the Full House than that s***ty ass Smash Club. This place was always filled with Jesse's drama on the actual show and I can't see how an actual person would want to spend time there. I swear this POS building was only made so that we could have more scenes with Jesse's stupid ass band. I don't even remember one likable scene from the Smash Club. I would definitely take a day off of work to see this s*** stain on humanity destroyed. ^_~

LOL, Jesse would be oblivious to his precious Smash Club performing poorly. Even on the actual show, everything will work out for him because he's perfect. I would've liked Joey's character more if he threw more shade at Jesse. Especially when Jesse treated him like crap at times. Of course, Joey is only capable of terrible impressions and being a bum. -_- LMAO, if this was an actual episode, we would have the sappy sad music playing with all the family members (including Steve and Kimmie) there letting out fake crocodile tears while the camera zooms on on their faces. I always think of the Papoulli scene when it comes to the fake crying! XD But everything will work out at the end of the day. The episode would probably end with every citizen in San Francisco donating their life savings to keep the stupid ass club live. Fortunately, we can put the Smash Club out of it's misery in these bashfics. Which are way more canon than the actual show. ^_~

Nicky and Alex could be mentally challenged and they would still be excited to see the destruction of the Smash Club. Just make sure you don't use that one word that Renegade used in his Golden Cricket Cage review or else Brown will get your bashfics removed. And take you to court and try to get the death penalty imposed on you. ^_~
Why Not? 2012 | 2014

goodgollyregina
2 months ago#96
Dully noted, I hope to learn more of pretentious fanfic writing while enrolled in TBK's school. Even if it costs me 100 grannies. ^_~

I don't even remember the episode where the dumbass studio was introduced. And I don't think anyone got a say in whether the studio got to be made or not. I'm glad Becky and Danny trashed all his recording s*** in my bashfics. XD;;; I also hate when someones house is the main attraction for everyone they know. The Golden Girls also did that, every person, every family member, every occasion, all flocked to their house. I don't care how popular you are, you just don't do that sort of thing in real life. You can't just hang out at someones house like it's some sort of never ending party. That's one of my biggest pet peeves of TV shows. And I would give anything to see the Smash Club get torn down in real life. There was literally no purpose for that club ever, not whatsoever. ^_~

If this were the actual show, the Smash Club being torn down would go one of two ways. Either the whole family squeezes out crocodile tears like they did in the Papouli episode, or the whole family protests the tearing down of the Smash Club. And they get their way at the last second with the building remaining, since you know, they're the Tanners. XD;;; Lucky for me I have the Smash Club demolished in my bashfics. I highly doubt a piece of s*** building like that would ever stay open in real life, not even in Fuller House land. The destruction of the building is far more canon. ^_~

And don't worry, I won't use that particular ableist slur that was in Renegade's Cricket Cage review. Wouldn't want to get sued and get the death penalty thrown at me, that's for sure. ^_~

Tutankoopa
2 months ago#97
Time to finish Part 3 of the Full House bashfics! I've invited TBK into this topic to provide some critiques. Don't be surprised if you receieve a 100 page worth of problems that he found with your fanfic. ^_~

We last left off where Jesse's s*** stain building known as the Smash Club was about to be destroyed. I love the amount of enthusiasm that everyone has about the Smash Club being destroyed. I would literally miss the birth of my child to watch that POS get wrecked. I also love how the Tanners are all excited to see it demolished. In the real show, all of them would probably be banging their heads on the ground like lunatics. I can picture everyone in the audience taking a piss on the ruins of this dumpster fire. XD This is the second best day in human history after the day the Stone Marker episode was revealed to the world. ^_~

It's about time Danny actually uses his own basement for something that is worthwhile to him instead of letting it go to waste with the two loser Uncles. Not even his own kids had a say about what the basement should be used for. But that might not be a bad thing considering Danny would've turned the basement into whatever Michelle wanted. -_- LMAO, Jesse working at McDonald's?! Even this type of job is above his skill level. But it's nice to see it causing him misery. ^_~ I love how he's still riding the "everyone else is to blame" train for all his losses. I think this is the same train that the losers from PT like to ride. XD If there's one thing Jesse is good at though, it's him thinking that he's still some kind of hot shot even while working at McDonald's. Oh look, it's Kimmie Gibbler! We all know that s*** will start to go down when she appears on the scene. XD Usually, I don't condone customers treating retail employees like s***, but I can make an exception for Kimmie. Hell, even the entire EISAD page would support Kimmie treating Jesse like s***. XD Look at Jesse trying to be petty towards Kimmie. I can only imagine him blaming the order screw up on Danny when she finds out. It looks like you made a mistake though in one of the lines:

Kimmy: a******, I ordered Dr. Pepper, not Sprite!

Kimmie originally ordered a Sprite, not a Dr. Pepper. Don't worry, I will let TBK reprimand you for this misspelling. ^_~ I knew Kimmie wouldn't let me down though in the end! Judging from Jesse's reaction, he's probably used to getting s*** thrown at him all the time. Hell, I hope every single customer treats him the same way! ^_~

Now for the moment we've been waiting for, the big reveal of Danny's gym in the basement! Quite frankly, if he had a single piece of wood in the basement, it would be a massive improvement over Joey's room or Jesse's stupid ass recording studio. Of course, Danny doesn't let Becky down unlike her loser ex-husband. Hell, this is probably better than all of the gifts Becky receive from Jesse combined! ^_~

WHAT?! BECKY'S PREGNANT?! Please let it be Danny's child! *wipes forehead* Thank God it doesn't belong to Jesse. I totally didn't see this coming though! Same with Nicky and Alex possibly being Danny's children. Part of me doesn't want them to be related to Danny because these kids were too damn stupid. The other part of me doesn't want Jesse to be their father so he can't pass along his useless genes to an offspring. Either way, Nicky and Alex are in better hands now with Danny being the father. I hope Danny and Becky kick the little runt Michelle out of the Full House to raise their new kid. And then this should would be a perfect 10/10! Love the plot twist, it definitely leaves more room for a sequel bashfic. I didn't see that coming at all. XD Are you going to write a sequel bashfic? It would be interesting to see Jesse's reaction to the news. ^_~
Why Not? 2012 | 2014
(edited 2 months ago)

goodgollyregina
2 months ago#98
Great, and I'll read all of his critiques very carefully. Anything to improve my overly pretentious writing skills. ^_~

And everyone, including the whole Tanner clan, is just excited for the demolishing of the Smash Club. If this were the real show, the Tanners would be at the demolishing site protesting the Smash Club getting destroyed. But then again, them getting triggered and throwing a fit would work too. I'd love to see the whole audience taking a piss on the rubble. Now why didn't I think of that? XD;;; It's the best day in history next to the day that the Paintbrush episode was introduced to the world. ^_~

And yes I made Jesse work at McDonald's, as payback for what a colossal a****** that he really is. ^_~ Since you know, most rockstar/actor wannabees who think they're hot s***, usually work at menial jobs like this. So I figured I'd go with that trope/cliche. XD;;; And he continues to blame every single problem he brought on himself on everyone else. Since him taking responsibility for himself is such a novel concept to him. He also gets a taste of his own medicine with Kimmy berating Jesse for getting a drink order wrong, and splashing it all over him. XD;;; Even the Entitlement page would be rooting for her! That wasn't my original plan for that scene though. Originally, I had Jesse spit in Kimmy's drink, Kimmy calls him out on it and berates him, but still splashes the drink on him. But I figured that might be a little too gross, so I went with the wrong drink stuff instead. Though looking at that scene from a "Hah! Jesse gets a taste of his own medicine!" standpoint, I'm glad I went with the wrong order stuff. I did however use the drink spitting idea for another bashfic I wrote. Though it has nothing to do with Full House. And thanks for pointing out that error too. I didn't know I had botched that up. Boy is TBK gonna have fun nitpicking that or what? But yes, go Kimmy for fighting back! And I also hope more customers treat Jesse the same way he used to treat waiters in various restaurants and events. XD;;;

Downstairs gym reveal time! And it's a vast improvement over that s*** ass studio by far. Now for the big twist, Becky is pregnant again! And the conceiving took place the night Danny and Becky made up and trashed Jesse on their own show. If you remember the end of Part 3 of my Aftermath bashfic. ^_~ We all know that baby belongs to Danny, Becky even says so herself. But Nicky and Alex being Danny's children possibly, now that's where it gets interesting. Though Nicky and Alex could be Joey's children too. I've seen it theorized in the Full House fandom that Joey could possibly be the father of Nicky and Alex. And honestly, I like that theory. That would sure explain why Nicky and Alex are so damn stupid. XD;;; I like the idea of kicking Michelle out too. Hey, she's not in Fuller House, so why should she be in my bashfics? I really want to make another bashfic of the whole paternity test, with all the adults flying all the way to New York for a paternity test on the Maury show. I think I would, or have at least titled it "You Are Not The Father." I'd like to start writing the bashfic, I just need to get some motivation first. And I'd have to outline everything too. I'd totally write it just for Jesse's reaction alone. Watching his reaction would be priceless. ^_~

Tutankoopa
2 months ago#99
Yes, you need to take in all of the criticism that TBK tells you. Maybe one day the producers will stop by a completely dead forum and use one of your fanfics as an actual script. Just don't give him a hard time since he lost 10000 grannies yesterday. ^_~

LMAO, I don't even think Uncle Hermes is skilled enough to work at McDonald's. I could see that as an actual episode plot where the jokes would be Jesse refusing to wear a hairnet for his dumbass long 80's hair and making Elvis impressions in front of the customers. Since those are his only two personality traits. Although Joey would probably be the one ending up working at a fast food job. ^_~ I'm glad you didn't have Jesse spit in Kimmie's drink. The poor girl doesn't even deserve that in a fanfic. Plus, she would get Jesse's DNA inside of her. That is worst than having AIDS. ^_~ I hope all of the customers he comes across treats him like s***. I even wish all the terrible customers from the EISAD page give him a hard time. ^_~

I think Becky and Danny would make a great pairing on the actual show. Why wasn't it like that in the first place? Both individuals had successful careers that appeared on the same show. Also, Becky is more of a mother figure to the Tanner girls than the loser Uncles. It makes me cringe to this day how someone like Rebecca Donaldson could end up with a loser like Jesse. Especially when every single episode was centered around this a******. Did Becky ever get one episode dedicated to herself that didn't involve Jesse?! I can't imagine Nicky and Alex being Danny kids. Unless Danny sets them straight and fix their dumbass haircuts. I don't even want to imagine Joey banging Becky. While a much better scenario than Jesse x Becky, it's still repulsing to think about. Even that fantasy scene from the show where Joey and Becky are sharing a Bon Bon is too much. XD I look forward to reading your next fanfic. But no rush though is writing it. If you want inspiration, watch the Stone Marker episode. Just like you did for all 3 parts of this series. ^_~
Why Not? 2012 | 2014

goodgollyregina
2 months ago#100
Yeah, you never know when a bunch of producers will stop by a completely dead forum, and use one of my fanfics as a script to an actual TV show. Don't worry, I'll go easy on him. I wouldn't want to be a heartless jerk that berates someone for losing 100,000 grannies in one day. ^_~

I think McDonalds is the perfect place for Jesse to work at. Just to stay consistent with the "Rockstar/Actor wannabees end up working in fast food" trope you see on TV or in movies. Think Squidward working at the Krusty Krab instead of being rich and famous. ^_~ I could see Jesse trying to make the best of it, which wouldn't be a bad thing. But he'd probably ruin even that with Elvis jokes and not wanting to wear a hairnet so his precious hair doesn't get ruined. Joey would probably work there as well at some point, and probably ruin everything with his s*** ass jokes. I'm kind of glad I didn't go with the spitting idea either. Since that is a little too gross and over the top. Though I did use that idea in another bashfic of mine. Even poor Kimmy doesn't deserve to be degraded like that. Nor does she deserve to swallow Jesse's saliva either. Even having AIDS would be better than that. ^_~ I also hope more customers treat him the same way he has treated wait staff in my other bashfics. Even the Entitlement page deserves to rip him to shreds over it. ^_~

Becky and Danny would be the perfect pairing. Honestly, they should've been the one true pair from Day 1 on the actual show. They both work on the same show, they're both successful, they're both hardworking. What on earth does Becky even see in Jesse, and why oh why did the producers hook them up? I don't even recall a Becky centered episode, let alone one where it revolved around Jesse by extension. I don't think it would be far fetched for Danny to possibly be the father of Nicky and Alex, even though he bears no resemblance to them. Danny can set the twins straight, and cut their god awful hair once and for all. Now Joey banging Becky, sure it's repulsing, but given how much Joey looks like the twins, and the theories going around that he's the actual father, it's an interesting idea to explore. ^_~ It certainly beats their Bon Bon scene in that one episode. XD;;; I think I might start writing it soon, or at least writing an outline of it. If you want, I can post another bashfic I wrote to a series that has nothing to do with Full House. It's an old book series called The Baby Sitters Club. It was popular in the late 80s/early 90s, same time Full House was popular. And believe me, this series was even more ridiculous than Full House was, and has also gotten its fair share of criticism. I wrote it last summer, and it has just as much cursing and comeuppance than my Full House bashfics do. I know you are in no way familiar with the series, and I don't expect you to. Just thought I'd give you something else to read to hold you over until I write my next Full House bashfic. When I get to actually writing it that is. Would this be something you'd be interested in reading? And if I wanted inspiration, I'd watch the Paintbrush episode, like I did with all three of my bashfics. ^_~

EDIT: And Post 100 of this thread! Whoo hoo! And it only took us almost a year too. ^_~
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Halls of Montezuma: A Battle History of the U.S. Marine Corps
  3. ***Halls of Montezuma Hangout Topic*** Reboot!