• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Anyone still playing this?

User Info: Icychopstix

Icychopstix
10 months ago#1
It's 2019 now and I'm still playing this. Does anyone have any fun stories or tales from their conquests?

User Info: Byno

Byno
9 months ago#2
Yeah, I'm still playing this. You know how to evolve a Metang? My Metang has 129 Attack, and it's still not evolving

User Info: SpektrumSP

SpektrumSP
9 months ago#3
Byno posted...
Yeah, I'm still playing this. You know how to evolve a Metang? My Metang has 129 Attack, and it's still not evolving

Check if the energy is at max

User Info: SpektrumSP

SpektrumSP
9 months ago#4
Yeah i deleted my 100% save and started again. I almost got all the generic warriors

User Info: Baconfry

Baconfry
9 months ago#5
Yep! I have a save in which every warrior (warlords and generic warriors) has his/her capacity filled with their PL and useful 68-70% links. Tried to make sure each one had a decent attack IV, too.

Byno posted...

The stat boost from Metal Coat, Power Wristband, or Warrior Crystal doesn't count. (Stat boost from max energy does count).

User Info: victorisaiahfaq

victorisaiahfaq
9 months ago#6
Found the game. Yoshihiro's story. Stuck in Dragnor. Kotaros army has the rest of the map. has ALL the worlords at max perfect link and evolved warlords to max level. I remember thinking "Hey! It would be fun if there was a really epic comeback, as ginchiyo was stuck in one kingdom and I controlled the board. so I just kept surrendering to her. And now I am here. I need help. it is only 1 max linked conkeldurr and an old buff man with a gambling addiction vs everyone else. I am on april year 83. any tips?
Pretty much only write on the old 3ds. Which sucks. :( It takes a long time to load and other stuff which i will not mention as i have ran out of space.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
9 months ago#7
Haven't played it in a while, but I have been thinking about starting over at some point and making sure all my Pokemon have at least passable IVs. Problem is, no sites seem to list the base stats for Pokemon in this game.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Statistic#In_Pok.C3.A9mon_Conquest
https://veekun.com/dex/conquest/pokemon

Bulbapedia lists a formula, and Veekun lists all the Pokemon's stats at 100% link (with both minimum IVs and maximum IVs, though nothing in between), but doing those calculations are pointless without knowing the base stats. SOME stats are the same as in the game (and between physical and special attack/defense, they usually pick the higher), but that's not always the case. I went through and did calculations a while back, but I'm not sure if I did it right (though if I did, then it would mean that Rayquaza has base stats 2.5 points higher than they are in the mainline RPGs, which seems like some crazy numbers to have).

EDIT: Nevermind. I just noticed that Veekun does list the base stats in Conquest, and plugging them into Bulbapedia's formula does check out. I just recall missing at least one piece of this puzzle at some point in the past, so maybe one of these sites updated with something since I last checked them.

Baconfry posted...
Yep! I have a save in which every warrior (warlords and generic warriors) has his/her capacity filled with their PL and useful 68-70% links. Tried to make sure each one had a decent attack IV, too.

You wanna go even further with that? There's a PAR code in which every Warrior can have 8 Capacity. I guess data-wise, every character is capable of holding 8 Pokemon, but for whatever reason, they just locked off most of those slots, and couldn't even provide a (legit) method of unlocking them. Not sure why. Not like you'd break the game given that each Warrior is stuck bringing out just one Pokemon at a time anyway. If I were in charge of this game, I'd have probably made it so a Warrior can unlock their full Capacity just as soon as they reach 100% with one Pokemon (which is probably when I'd apply this code, myself).
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Crazyalien18

Crazyalien18
9 months ago#8
I occasionally play it, but not as much anymore. Definitely happy with the board activity, though, and would love to see the extremely unlikely sequel.

Warriors have limited capacity for the same reason that they have limited other stats. It's a restriction on what they can pull off, and, as always, Warlords get the most, while warriors and especially Ujizane get screwed in comparison. It's a shame that they simultaneously made most warriors feel similar in gameplay and made the comparative value of different Pokemon astronomically different.

If you want to mount a comeback, see if you can recruit warriors and get them up to par with the enemy's strength, then rush individual kingdoms with Guardian Charm solos or 5 unit brigades. Don't go for 3 warrior charges, that's just asking to make things harder for yourself. A solo is useful for smaller, more offensive kingdoms that don't use banners much, when you have a good Pokemon with lots of attack and mobility, something like Staraptor. Otherwise, you might want to do an attack with 5, at which point you put a Guardian Charm on your last remaining warrior to hold down the fort.

I'd like to see the game modded first so that it could play several times faster. All the animations make the game feel very slow at times.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
9 months ago#9
Crazyalien18 posted...
Warriors have limited capacity for the same reason that they have limited other stats. It's a restriction on what they can pull off, and, as always, Warlords get the most, while warriors and especially Ujizane get screwed in comparison. It's a shame that they simultaneously made most warriors feel similar in gameplay and made the comparative value of different Pokemon astronomically different.

Well, yeah. But I was wondering why there wasn't a legit, in-game method of lifting such a restriction. Also, it's not always the case that Warlords have the highest capacity. Even one of the regular Warriors can go as high as 8. Meanwhile, a character like Okuni gets a measly 4 (in fact, female characters in general, both Warlords and regular Warriors, seem to have been pretty screwed over in this regard.... I guess none got it as bad as Ujizane, but the female protagonist aside, none of them have a capacity higher than 6).
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Crazyalien18

Crazyalien18
9 months ago#10
Eh, I don't see much problem with not having capacity beyond 4, outside of the main warlord, personally. It would be nice if they had let warriors and warlords actually increase their stats meaningfully so that non-warlords aren't nearly as screwed, and I do wish they put a bit more balance into the different warriors, but ah well.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Conquest
  3. Anyone still playing this?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers