Loading issues

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Loading issues

User Info: iam32bit

iam32bit
2 months ago#1
So I picked this up recently from the library and I got up to the Capitol. However now I'm having issues loading the game and it won't go past 7.23%. I've never had this issue with any PS3 game before, not even the Uncharted games did this.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1
2 months ago#2
I'm guessing the disc is scratched and/or dirty....

[insert clever signature here]

iam32bit
2 months ago#3
The disc has light scratches but nothing that would make the game unreadable, nor is it dirty. It has no issues getting to the title screen, it's when I try loading my save that it has issues.

Quaddo1
2 months ago#4
Any damage or dirt on a disc can cause problems....
Getting to the title screen without issues only means that part of the disc is ok.

Though, it could be possible that you have a corrupted/damaged save file and or profile-file.
Have you tried restarting the current chapter you're on (The Last Of Us =>
Chapters) and make a new save file?

iam32bit
2 months ago#5
I've tried restarting the chapter but it still has issues. I still don't think it's the disc. I've played other PS3 games in worse condition and never had the problems I've had with TLoU.

I looked into this issue more and it seems like I'm not the only one to have this problem. There were older posts from around the time the game came out discussing the same problems. Honestly I think this copy of the game is bugged.

Quaddo1
2 months ago#6
- Just by looking at a discs condition with your naked eye is one way of judging it, sure.
The problem is it's the PS3's laser that is going to read the disc.
I've had discs that look almost mint that has caused issues, and after cleaning them, and in some extreme cases having them professionally resurfaced, the games work without issues.
You could try and reinstall the game, i.e. delete everything TLOU-related except your save- and profile-file, and then boot up the game.
If possible, you could use the disc on a different PS3...

- Looking at older posts when the game came out is only relevant if you haven't updated the game (i.e. patched it).....

- "Honestly I think this copy of the game is bugged."
So you agree it could be the disc after all?!

- Considering it's a library copy it's more than likely that the disc has been badly handled by numerous people (in my experience 9/10 don't know how to use and/or take care of optical media).
Maybe return it to the library, exchange it for another copy, and/or ask if they've had any feedback from other customers about the one you're using.

iam32bit
2 months ago#7
"So you agree it could be the disc after all?!"

I mean the game data on the disc, not the disc itself.

And yes I did delete and reinstall the game and it still didn't work.

Quaddo1
2 months ago#8
You mean the disc has a manufacturing issue? Highly doubtful....though that would mean the disc/copy you're using is still the problem here....

User Info: KryptoPyro13

KryptoPyro13
1 month ago#9
It's probably the PS3's laser. TLOU is a dual layered game IIRC so often had trouble.
Fire Emblem Fates Code:
08575-23161 91163-05017
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Loading issues

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived