Hawkeye 3 is the most useful skill in the game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Hawkeye 3 is the most useful skill in the game

User Info: Prost1278

Prost1278
4 years ago#21
It's a solid idea, until some scrub was like "DEY SHOULD GET RID OF RADARS, LISTEN MODE, SO I CAN SPRINT AROUND CALL O DUTY STYLEZ" and some people were like "YEAH IM BAD AT THIS GAME TOO"

that's not the point of a hardcore mode. People want a hardcore mode because it'll mix up the gameplay a bit. People want it because it's something new,different, and fun.

Get your head out of your ass if you seriously think people want a HC mode because they're bad or something.
I don't sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death.

User Info: MercenaryK

MercenaryK
4 years ago#22
Scorex_VII posted...
NaughtyDog needs to do something about the whole Hawkeye tree.

As far as i know, if a teammate marked an enemy before you, you need to wait for theire mark to dissapear so you can mark them with the perk and get the advantages, like the glowing outline and longer duration. (Correct me if this is not true)

Hawkeye 2 or at the very list Hawkeye 3 should totally bypass Covert training 3. The fact a single perk makes another absolute obsolete is mind blowing. Its not balanced at all, either make it bypass it or at least give it a reduced bonus or not apply the outline.

Hawkeye 3 is very, very rigid about what is "close". Its usually best to go with just Hawkeye 2 as it seems to mark other nearby people with H3 they need to b*** f***** each other.

Well, think of it this way... Covert Ops 3 trumps Hawkeye 3 because if you had a mic, you wouldn't need Hawkeye and Covert Ops wouldn't even matter. I really doubt that's the mentality behind it. If Hawkeye 3 bypassed Covert Ops 3, well, everyone would know where everyone was. That would probably make the game a little duller and less suspenseful, I'd think. Part of the intensity in games is the 'not knowing' even when you can't mark'em - does it make any sense or am I kinda weird?
We're stating our opinions and you're insulting us and throwing "I HAZ LYFE" in people's faces like it matters to anyone or anything. - Ziero

User Info: Lighter_Thief

Lighter_Thief
4 years ago#23
After watching swiftys hunting rifle video I started using it, really really useful skill in mp.
I get headshots with my revolver now
they're all female ya ******* idiot, that's why they're called LADYbugs

User Info: Dual Zero

Dual Zero
4 years ago#24
This "Hardcore" mode idea would just be a game of everyone with sprinting perks sprinting everywhere.

That doesn't sound appealing at all.
In Memory of JT18
PSN: DrakeFZX3

User Info: TimeOfTheDark

TimeOfTheDark
4 years ago#25
Dual Zero posted...
This "Hardcore" mode idea would just be a game of everyone with sprinting perks sprinting everywhere.

That doesn't sound appealing at all.

Exactly, it's a stupid idea thought up by people who don't understand listen mode and radar is an important core part of the game. You don't want to be seen? Get Covert 2 or 3 and don't sprint unless you have to.

Originally, I made a topic saying health kits on maps shouldn't be so UNLIMITED, because it leads to everyone making molotovs all the time and just spamming them. If you had to choose between health kits and mollies with your supplies, it would add more strategy on how you manage your crafting supplies. The other ways to get health kits would be gifter, or have a teammate heal you, making both of those skills more useful.

User Info: Prost1278

Prost1278
4 years ago#26
Exactly, it's a stupid idea thought up by people who don't understand listen mode and radar is an important core part of the game. You don't want to be seen? Get Covert 2 or 3 and don't sprint unless you have to.

That's.not. the. point.

I'm just saying, having a mode that takes away the map and listen mode will be fun because it switches things up a bit. We understand listen mode is part of the core game, we just want to have a mode(s) that removes it so we can have gameplay that doesn't revolve around it. You're the guy that's saying how the players in this game are declining, wouldn't you think the additional modes would help keep people playing?

And I like your idea about the health kits. Decrease it so it's more precious and people would have to choose between Mollys and HK's.
I don't sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death.

MercenaryK
4 years ago#27
Prost1278 posted...

That's.not. the. point.

I'm just saying, having a mode that takes away the map and listen mode will be fun because it switches things up a bit. We understand listen mode is part of the core game, we just want to have a mode(s) that removes it so we can have gameplay that doesn't revolve around it. You're the guy that's saying how the players in this game are declining, wouldn't you think the additional modes would help keep people playing?

And I like your idea about the health kits. Decrease it so it's more precious and people would have to choose between Mollys and HK's.

TC never played Survivor mode in Single Player so he doesn't understand the logic behind a Hardcore mode. Also why would people assume players would be sprinting everywhere? In fact you'd be more cautious and use cover, because otherwise you're setting yourself up for an ambush....

GameFAQs posters make my head hurt when I read their posts |=/
We're stating our opinions and you're insulting us and throwing "I HAZ LYFE" in people's faces like it matters to anyone or anything. - Ziero

User Info: XS_Baggage

XS_Baggage
4 years ago#28
Personally, I feel that you shouldn't really be showing up on radar anyway in the MP as is. It punishes you for being careless. Now I'll go on record and say that I don't believe a Hard Core mode is a terrible idea and should not be even remotely considered, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking it's going to slow down gameplay. The instant people can sprint and move quickly without worry is when that becomes the norm.

Also, Hawkeye 3 is pretty awesome. I use a Hunting Rifle/Steady Aim/Hawkeye build and it helps my team a ton.

MercenaryK
4 years ago#29
XS_Baggage posted...
Personally, I feel that you shouldn't really be showing up on radar anyway in the MP as is. It punishes you for being careless. Now I'll go on record and say that I don't believe a Hard Core mode is a terrible idea and should not be even remotely considered, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking it's going to slow down gameplay. The instant people can sprint and move quickly without worry is when that becomes the norm.

Also, Hawkeye 3 is pretty awesome. I use a Hunting Rifle/Steady Aim/Hawkeye build and it helps my team a ton.

See - I think of it like in SP - you run to get behind cover, and sneak from there to lose the enemy. At least that's how I'd imagine it. Anyone who's blindly running without knowing what's in front of them is going to get a molotov to the face. I think what it'll really come down to is people relying on cover, sneaking a whole lot, and dispersing when **** hits the fan to re-group if able. So the start of matches may be slow - it really depends on how the stock for lives works.

Will it be like Survivor? Or Supply Raid? Probably more like Survivor since it is Hardcore.

User Info: Lioyd_the_hero

Lioyd_the_hero
4 years ago#30
Yeah its ok, or I could take the points you waste on hawkeye 3, spend them on something else and just spot enemies regularly (way easier than most people think)
PSN howling_red
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Hawkeye 3 is the most useful skill in the game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived