• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Is it worth getting the online pass for The Last of Us?

User Info: Billdough002

Billdough002
5 years ago#1
Just finished the story mode, but I was wondering if the multi player was good enough(community, skill, fun,balance,etc) to put $10 for.

- Put this on he PS3 board, but wanted to get some responses here too.
kyomagi- Being a vita owner at this point is like being a hipster, not main stream and nobody else is doing it

User Info: Billdough002

Billdough002
5 years ago#2
bump
kyomagi- Being a vita owner at this point is like being a hipster, not main stream and nobody else is doing it

User Info: Siriuslyasian

Siriuslyasian
5 years ago#3
Regarding the community, the people on this board are all great at giving advice and they're all pretty skilled players.
Fun/Balance, the MP in this game is VERY well balanced. Everything has some sort of con, but it doesn't outweigh the pros.
For example, the Military Sniper is a high powered sniper rifle that one shot kills on a headshot, but it requires 4 load out points. (and in the beginning you only have 10 load out points for each class)
It is also a purchaseable weapon, where you have to buy it during a match using points you earn from reviving, downing, executing, and marking..maybe there are more I'm forgetting but you get the idea.
The MP is very unique, and even though there are only two game modes now (one with respawns and one without) it's very fun if you find yourself in a good group.
All in all, MP is worth it.
---"Earth to Asian, your toon's facing imminent death, siriusly." -LooksForSkooma

User Info: ZoosIVXX

ZoosIVXX
5 years ago#4
I honestly think the MP is the best part of TLOU
Don't suck ya teeth at me man

User Info: MonkeyBones23

MonkeyBones23
5 years ago#5
I don't really care for the multiplayer. Maybe you can check out some videos on youtube or something to see if it's something you're interested in.
We're a forest of lives, but we grow tall and wide.
We'll never be cut down.

User Info: Takamine86

Takamine86
5 years ago#6
YES!!! The multiplayer is sooo addicting, once you understand how it works. A tip, make sure if you do decide to go online on your own, join games without parties.

User Info: MercenaryK

MercenaryK
5 years ago#7
I ignored MP because most of my console MP experience sucks - M.A.G. was the only exception because it was entirely on-line and I played it for months. Anyway.... Single Player is pretty satisfying, I went through Normal and Hard before deciding to give MP a chance.

Totally worth it. If you really want to get the most out of MP, get a mic and make friends.
We're stating our opinions and you're insulting us and throwing "I HAZ LYFE" in people's faces like it matters to anyone or anything. - Ziero

User Info: kentuckyfr1ed

kentuckyfr1ed
5 years ago#8
Billdough002 posted...
Just finished the story mode, but I was wondering if the multi player was good enough(community, skill, fun,balance,etc) to put $10 for.

- Put this on he PS3 board, but wanted to get some responses here too.

Like all mp games, it may or may not suit your fancy.

I like it even if I'm not that good, so I'd say, throw down the $10. You'll get better mileage if you can find some people to play it as a team, with mics. It's helpful for calling out information, esp. for enemy opponents that can't be marked in the usual manner.

User Info: kentuckyfr1ed

kentuckyfr1ed
5 years ago#9
The downside with the MP is that there are relatively few maps. There are two DLC expansions coming though to help remedy that.

The upside is that there's many different ways to play the MP. I haven't even tried sniping or using a bow and arrow at this point myself, or setting up classes to take advantage of purchasable weapons.
So even with the few maps available, there's much to do.

User Info: GiannyBoy0924

GiannyBoy0924
5 years ago#10
MercenaryK posted...
I ignored MP because most of my console MP experience sucks - M.A.G. was the only exception because it was entirely on-line and I played it for months. Anyway.... Single Player is pretty satisfying, I went through Normal and Hard before deciding to give MP a chance.

Totally worth it. If you really want to get the most out of MP, get a mic and make friends.

I loved MAG lol
"People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow... Too soon?"
-Ellie
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Is it worth getting the online pass for The Last of Us?
  • Topic Archived