• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  3. Stuck at mission "O Canada"

User Info: ThePatton123

ThePatton123
5 years ago#1
I'm at the point where the prince asks you to go show the abortion papers to the Earl of Winnipeg, but when I speak with the Earl all he says is that he could make some dire robes with some dire bear pelts... Am I missing something, or has my game screwed me over? I've tried everything from loading my game again to turning off my PS3... So uh... Any ideas?

Also, I downloaded this game, if that holds any significance.

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
5 years ago#2
You try killing some dire bears like he asked you to?
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

ThePatton123
5 years ago#3
LightHawKnight posted...
You try killing some dire bears like he asked you to?

He never asked me to do that, he just says the thing about the dire robes. The quest log still tells me to give the earl the documents.

User Info: SAWDOFFGANGSTER

SAWDOFFGANGSTER
5 years ago#4
NE corner of map are 3 dire bears

User Info: Nestama

Nestama
5 years ago#5
I'm having the same issue. I looked up the quest up on youtube and we're apparently supposed to get a cutscene the second we talk to him. Instead, for us, he goes on about Dire Robes, which I'm going to assume is what he talks about AFTER we get the cutscene with him.

We also can't kill the bears as there's a guard blocking the way. This is, in three words, a "game breaking bug." I think our only option is to start a new game, wait for a patch, or re-load the game from a previous save (I can not as I didn't realise it was a bug until after I completed a few side quests. Auto-save spots are no longer available and I stupidly saved after completing a side-quest... before realising it was a bug).

Edit: And then my New Game gets a game breaking bug during the countering tutorial. Cartman is supposed to teach you how to counter, but instead he just watches this kid kneeling before me... for minutes without anything happening. I am really hoping a patch comes out very soon. These kinds of bugs have ruined the game for me. I can't enjoy doing all this again, again :(
FFXI - Valefor: Nestama
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1729096/

ThePatton123
5 years ago#6
Yup, that appears to be the case... Well I guess I won't be playing this game for another year or so due to the sheer rage and disappointment that has amassed inside me...

User Info: shuyin99

shuyin99
5 years ago#7
Just reload from your last checkpoint and it should work. I got the bug during the countering tutorial and only had to do that for it to work again.

That being said, I'm stuck on the same mission, and can't seem to find a way to get passed the rocks with the green glowing cracks in them. Someone please help!

User Info: Nestama

Nestama
5 years ago#8
I could, but I won't. I'm not touching this game again until the major issues discussed in this thread are fixed (as said before, my O Canada auto-saves are all saved after encountering the bug).
FFXI - Valefor: Nestama
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1729096/

User Info: Green_Puff

Green_Puff
5 years ago#9
Can confirm, this game has MANY game breaking bugs. Hope they patch this **** soon. It's really dumb they would release it THIS BAD! X(
Resist once in a while!!!

ThePatton123
5 years ago#10
Yeah, my saves are all past the bug to, so I'm screwed, which sucks cause I really like this game! But I also cannot enjoy doing everything again... at least not for a year!
  1. Boards
  2. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  3. Stuck at mission "O Canada"
  • Topic Archived