• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Katawa Shoujo
  3. Hanako - Very Bad Ending *SPOILERS*

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
9 years ago#11
BDSM posted...

A little (actually blood related) sister who repeats: Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Onii-chan! ad nauseum.
don't even know this game but this turned me off already

The skittish, anti-social girl next door who constantly tells you to jump off a bridge and die. (pretty sure she tells you to die during sex too)
then i laughed. that's ridiculous

don't tell me there's the girl that says "baka!" a lot.

User Info: BDSM

BDSM
9 years ago#12
KOFXIII posted...
BDSM posted...

A little (actually blood related) sister who repeats: Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Onii-chan! ad nauseum.

The skittish, anti-social girl next door who constantly tells you to jump off a bridge and die. (pretty sure she tells you to die during sex too)

Both the reaper (she says bakabaka as a single word) and the student council girl do.

Of note about the sister, she is actually a half sister, but you do share the same mom. Creepily your aunt/guardian is ok with you banging your underage sister and excited at the prospect of you having children with her. :|

The following pie chart helps explain why:

http://funcorner.eu/wp-content/uploads/pie-chart-of-whats-happening-in-Japan.jpg
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1

User Info: fallenswords

fallenswords
9 years ago#13
KOFXIII posted...
BDSM posted...

anata wa baka no baka!
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/

KOFXIII
9 years ago#14
fallenswords posted...
KOFXIII posted...
BDSM posted...

anata wa baka no baka!

HIDOI

User Info: iDefinition

iDefinition
9 years ago#15
Translation please?

User Info: Erpy

Erpy
9 years ago#16
Thalantyr1216 posted...
Really not seeing why so many people make out Hanoko's worst ending as if it is so bad. I was expecting that she was going to decide that because she was broken and a hindrance to everyone that her life wasn't worth living and was going to commit suicide based on so many people kept classing it as the saddest ending. As is I think it's a less sad ending than Lilly's bad ending. I'd rather be friends with someone, wonder if it could perhaps become more than friendship and have the friendship fall apart than I would to fall in love with someone, have them appear to love me as well - take their virginity while simultaneously giving them mine, sleep with them two more times, and then have them move away to never see them again.

Or even worse if Lilly's Bad ending had ended with him chasing after Lilly, getting the heart attack - but actually dying from it, perhaps either with Lilly notiving he chased after her, or with him dying while she is in the hospital to see him.

The reason Hanako's bad ending is considered such a slap-in-the-face is the fact that until Hisao visits Hanako in her room and things get more and more strained until they blow up, it's tempting to believe Hisao is doing the right thing. With Shizune, you can tell things are gonna go south when Hisao sleeps with Misha...he pretty much had that bad end coming. With Lilly, it's obvious from Act 1 she appreciates openness in Hisao and failing to acknowledge your condition is an obvious sign things won't keep going well. With Emi, you get the bad end when Hisao conciously rejects Misha's suggestion to patch things up with her. In those three cases, Hisao either makes a decision not to let the girl in or he's simply a cheater.

In Hanako's case, Hisao maintains his good intentions (good, but also extremely misguided and unhealthy) until the very end. It isn't until Hanako starts screaming at him that Hisao realizes just how badly he failed her...until that moment he remains blissfully ignorant. Hanako's bad ending is probably the ending that has the biggest feeling of total failure. And Hanako's tirade (an uncharacteristic thing for her to do and because of the sheer contrast with her usual self all the more frightening) also makes it clear how depressingly aware of her own condition she is, how much she loathes it and how angry she is at you for making it even worse.

Sometimes, bad endings don't need grimdark stuff to leave the player with a bad feeling. Sure, you can go crazy with the deaths and the suicides, but sometimes those kinds of scenes overshoot the mark and end up feeling overdone and fake. Pictures like the one posted (http://i.imgur.com/tn2m2.jpg) tend to completely miss the point of Hanako as a character. Yes, her life sucks at times, but it sucked a lot more before she came to Yamaku and if she was the type of person to take her own life, she'd have done so long ago. The point of her route is that Hanako is not as fragile as she seems and instead of someone acting as a continous suicide watch, she sometimes needs some space to sort stuff out on her own. Having Hanako kill herself would merely point out that Hisao's obsessive worrying was justified after all.

User Info: terran3999999

terran3999999
9 years ago#17
Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Onii-chan!
Pfft, your just not Japa-----perverted enough.

Lastly the 7 year old kinda-Shinigami (which makes it ok shes 7 by VN logic) who does the opposite of everything you say, hits you with her scythe, wasn't REALLY waiting for you to show up, doesn't REALLY like it when you pat her head.....oh, and has you lit on fire about a dozen times.
~~Sounds like a dream come true for me!~~ *is a masochist*

Actually I have a question now: maybe they did over do it but what did you think of Key's heroines' catchphrases? "Gao", "Uguu", "Auu" etc.

And one can never have enough Desus.

And XD at that picture.
Amarant>>sano83. Amarant can deal max damage, what can sano83 do? Number of people who agree: 1.

KOFXIII
9 years ago#18
that wasn't directed at me but UGUU annoyed me greatly at first, but Yuuichi mocking it made me not hate it.

i'm ok with "auu". it's something that a normal person could say when disappointed (but probably not as often as Makoto says it)

of all those stupid noises i only like "unyuu", because i love Nayuki. plus, she never overused it.

Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Onii-chan!
Pfft, your just not Japa-----perverted enough.

now, i have a high tolerance on japanese weirdness, i usually defend japan when people attack anime for no reason but really, if there are two things that still get on my nerves to this day is "ONII-CHAN" and "BAKA".

everything about onii-chan is wrong. oh god, it's so f***** annoying.

User Info: ColdIceStorm

ColdIceStorm
9 years ago#19
BDSM posted...
*hanako hanging herself picture*

I love that picture so much. Why? Because I love watching butthurt Hanako fans get angry.
*for some reason, my computer likes to delete quoted links. Urks me so much.

Thalantyr1216 posted...
Really not seeing why so many people make out Hanoko's worst ending as if it is so bad. I was expecting that she was going to decide that because she was broken and a hindrance to everyone that her life wasn't worth living and was going to commit suicide based on so many people kept classing it as the saddest ending.

It's just hinted that she commits suicide after her bad ending but that's just fanon. Personally, I thought she was going to go on a shooting rampage at her school when I first play this game.
My Wife (not waifu):She's not printed on paper, she's not animated, and she's not on a body fluid stained pillow or bed sheet.

User Info: Erpy

Erpy
9 years ago#20
Could you point out where a potential suicide is hinted at during the bad ending? I noticed the hint that Rin may end up stepping out of life at the end of her neutral ending due to the parallels being drawn between her and Sae's husband, but I didn't pick up any such clues in Hanako's bad end.
  1. Boards
  2. Katawa Shoujo
  3. Hanako - Very Bad Ending *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A