• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 12: The Show
  3. Knuckleball Best Pitch Location, Help.

User Info: HarryPrivate

HarryPrivate
6 years ago#1
OK seems like I can't get good strike zone accuracy with the knuckleball. As the Jays, I traded for R.A. Dickey, and I would like location suggestions where to throw the pitch for strikes. If I go low, it hit the ground, if I go high, it misses the strike zone. If I leave it dead center, it gets smacked. For people who love knucklers, which pitch location is your go to spot for Ks vs. both right and lefties?

User Info: TheAxeMurderer1

TheAxeMurderer1
6 years ago#2
Honestly for me I just put it in random places. It's just like in real life, there isn't a whole lot of control you can have with it. It's hit or miss. Some games the ball just doesn't dance as much and gets hammered.

User Info: HarryPrivate

HarryPrivate
6 years ago#3
I know it's a random thing, but I tried using a high location in the center instead of my usual down low inside/outside and the knuckler seems to work better this way, but I still won't use it in clutch needed situations.

User Info: Newmarket_son

Newmarket_son
6 years ago#4
I use the Jays too and seem to do great with Dickey. I place the ball dead centre of the strike zone, then after yo uplay around with the pitch metre a few times, you should have a good handle on the KNB. There will always be a few random wild ones, but place in the centre and know when to release.

User Info: HuPeRcHiLd

HuPeRcHiLd
6 years ago#5
Yeah, I've had problems with RA too. I just don't think this game's AI does the knuckleball well. CPU hitters rarely bit on a 2 strike knuckler or they rock you. It'd be nice to see more swinging K's from a weel-timed knuckler.

It'd also be nice to see several knuckball pitches for Dickey. I throws 3 different speeds of Knuckball but this game only gives you the slow one.
MacGrubie don't play like homie...and homie don't play like that.
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 12: The Show
  3. Knuckleball Best Pitch Location, Help.
  • Topic Archived