• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 12: The Show
  3. Help winning in franchise mode

User Info: ninjaninja551

ninjaninja551
6 years ago#1
Just started playing this game and I have got all the features of this mode figured out. I started a mariners franchise and assembled a good pitching staff, doesn't hurt having hernandez either.

But I just can't seem to win, I've got what on paper seems to be a good team but they lose even more than when I started out!

Is it important to draft people with A potential? Is B potential good? Should I play all the games, do I need to set lineups before all the games?

I'm really interested in figuring this out. I get good players from other teams but I just keep losing.

Are there any teams I should play as? I really wanna rebuild a team, and I hate the Yankees and teams with monster budgets because that is easy mode.

I'd appreciate all the help I can get bc I am still really new to the show.

User Info: ninjaninja551

ninjaninja551
6 years ago#2
any help at all

User Info: Brich10962

Brich10962
6 years ago#3
A and B potential are the players you would like to draft.

You do not need to set your lineups before every game.

I simulate most games anyway.

The best thing I can tell you is to get a good pitching staff, and a well rounded lineup. Don't go for all power hitters.
Lineup like this:

1. Speed 2. Average-Speed 3. Average-Power 4. Power 5. Average 6. Speed 7. Power 8. Young guy 9 whatever is left.

During free agency, you don't ALWAYS have to go for the best player. Try to upgrade at positions, but don't overspend on "top free agents". The best thing I can give you is to sign top catchers in free agency, then put them on the trading block during the season. I signed Matt Weiters and traded him for Pujols and Trout. I traded Brian McCann for King Felix and Justin Smoak. Don't be afraid to trade a star player for two or three good players.

You really need three things to be good at simming franchises. 1. Great ace 2. Stud centerfielder. 3. Leadoff guy who can steal 80 bases a year.
Will not change until the Lions win a Super Bowl. 1-23-08
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 12: The Show
  3. Help winning in franchise mode
  • Topic Archived