Unforgivingly difficult? (CH 4 spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castle Conqueror: Heroes
  3. Unforgivingly difficult? (CH 4 spoilers)

User Info: klecser

klecser
6 years ago#1
I think I just don't understand some aspect of the mechanics of this game, or the game is just unfairly difficult on the "easy" setting. You see, I've played Chapter four almost six times now and I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to victory. Yes, grinding seems to do nothing to the difficulty of the game, and smart tactics seems to make it no less difficult.

You start with Claire and two soldiers surrounded by enemies on one side and, after turn one, your four other heroes show up on the other side of the board. Your objectives are to defeat Roy and preserve Claire.

I've tried:

-attempting to collect all four bases on the right side. I capture three and get close to a fourth and the game decides to dump eight powerful enemies on that side. I get wiped because I had to divide my forces to take those bases quickly enough. So, clearly the developers don't "want" me to secure bases, a main mechanic of the game, on this board.

-I've tried taking all four right side heroes and just rushing north, but the enemy reinforcements from the north just destroy them by the time they cross the bridge.

-I've tried defending with Claire, to success at the beginning, but by the 10th turn a swarm of enemies from the north just waltzes down and annihilates her.

-I've tried rushing Roy. If you attack Roy, he will come off the square he is on. But, he's uber powerful and even if I gang up on him the best I can accomplish is half his health down before getting wiped.

-I've tried taking castles to Claire's south, but I need to use all my guys to gang up on an officer to defeat him, leaving my castle on that side minimally defended. By the time I take a southern castle, my other one gets taken and its just like I traded bases. Doesn't seem like any progress.

So, it seems like the game only affords you one route to victory. I'm not an idiot. I've been playing RTS' for years and normally they provide a low to moderate challenge to me. Its just frustrating to think that I'm going to have to grind the fourth board perhaps a dozen more times just to get the levels I need to beat it. That is a serious game flaw and makes me angry.

Does anyone understand this game or this board better than I do?

User Info: klecser

klecser
6 years ago#2
Update: Ok, the only thing that works is to surrender your only base on the left side immediately and flee with Claire and her troops to the right side.
  1. Boards
  2. Castle Conqueror: Heroes
  3. Unforgivingly difficult? (CH 4 spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived