• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. VVVVVV
  3. Revisiting "A New Dimension" ending stage blackout bug fixed *Kinda*

User Info: dbhomie

dbhomie
6 years ago#1
While going through VVVVVV's 2nd cusom level "A New Dimension" it is infact possible to continue with all your progress saved and fixes "The end credits member blackout bug"

This happens when you find all your crew except the 1 at "The End" goal, if you take them it says you found them all and fources the screen to blank and take you back to the menu screen, if you dash to the warp it plays the beginning but the screen is still blacked out and you cant acess the options except the noise buttons.

To fix this as soon as you pick up the final crew member pause the game when you hear the confirmation sound, then save you game... the game will black out but once you return to the save point (The pink block puzzle before the end) get to the "The END area again and the crew member will be gone. This will keep your pogress and allow you to collect any trinklets you may have missed.

(You can't backtrack unless you enter the warp because the "Yellow room" area loops, why it blacks out I dunno and the vicory music playing after saving at the end realy creeps me out kinda, thank goodness it dissapears once you enter the warp ^^ Have fun

Sadly this wont work on 333333 because of the spike in the way after you acess the puzzle.
My PBR friend code is: 2105-7453-9147

dbhomie
6 years ago#2
After playing through "A New Dimension" again after fixing the blackout bug it is indeed possible to recollect the remaining trinklets if you missed them. However the game will think you need to collect your crew again and they will be invisable in the areas where they once were.

So it will go with them talking in their colour and viridian talking to an invisible crew member, also must note after notching up 5hrs in total in this game. If you did collect all the trinklets the 1st time around you will get 2 stars on your profile chapter "A New Dimension" but it's impossibe to revisit the game again and you'd have to start over as the warp only appears in you missed some. (This could explain the bug why the game blacks out after getting to "The End" screen.

It is also possible to re search for all the trinklets and crew and keep your 2 stars but if you do then you'll have to leave some and do the replayed stage again with that methord..

I can't be bothered to get 2 stars as I got all the trinklets and ended the stage and the warp is still there. So yeah hope this helps <^^>

Am off to the 3rd stage now

dbhomie
6 years ago#3
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not sure what this means, it means you still only get 1 star after revisiting the game, as the map is huge and all 18 trinklets are collected the game keeps your original attempt... kinda sucky but at least you can revisit most of the game.

Also an interesting note at this video there are 2 changes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCGjAoHCtNc

1st part at 8:49 (There is an impossible checkpoint that has thankfully been blocked off with another bouncing square, in the original as you see it is possible to get it but you wouldn't be able to get out of there) *This has been blocked off for a good reason though the monitor dares you to get it 0_0

2nd part at 9:43 (The trinklet has been blocked off and the are is renamed "The one dead end" instead of "victually viracious" it can be obtained just under the yellow helicopter before the next maze area once you get into the area where all those different areas are showing themes and such.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. Boards
  2. VVVVVV
  3. Revisiting "A New Dimension" ending stage blackout bug fixed *Kinda*
  • Topic Archived