• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man
  3. No Free Roam in Wii Version: Official

User Info: OMEGA_SIX

OMEGA_SIX
8 years ago#11
moxxidude posted...
Vote NO on Wii U this fall unless you only want to play quality Nintendo first party titles like Zelda and Mario (which are always great). Otherwise you're going to have to pick up an Xbox 360 or PS3 (no next gen consoles until at least Fall of 2013, if not 2014 as none were shown at E3) to play real third party games.

What does the Wii U have to do with any of this? Its going to surpass both the 360 and PS3, unlike the Wii which is the inferior systen out of the three in terms of power, so why would third party developers not take advantage of that? You act as though third party games will be inferior on the Wii U just because its Nintendo, which just makes you sound like an ignorant Nintendo hater. People can say what they want about the Wii, but it sold more this gen then both the 360 and the PS3, and Nintendo is giving 3rd party developers a more powerful systen to work with with the Wii U like they asked for. So, the Wii U will likely get 3rd party games that are identical to the 360 and PS3 counterparts, not versions that are inferior like the Wii.

User Info: KnuxtheTurtle

KnuxtheTurtle
8 years ago#12
OMEGA_SIX posted...
moxxidude posted...
Vote NO on Wii U this fall unless you only want to play quality Nintendo first party titles like Zelda and Mario (which are always great). Otherwise you're going to have to pick up an Xbox 360 or PS3 (no next gen consoles until at least Fall of 2013, if not 2014 as none were shown at E3) to play real third party games.

What does the Wii U have to do with any of this? Its going to surpass both the 360 and PS3, unlike the Wii which is the inferior systen out of the three in terms of power, so why would third party developers not take advantage of that? You act as though third party games will be inferior on the Wii U just because its Nintendo, which just makes you sound like an ignorant Nintendo hater. People can say what they want about the Wii, but it sold more this gen then both the 360 and the PS3, and Nintendo is giving 3rd party developers a more powerful systen to work with with the Wii U like they asked for. So, the Wii U will likely get 3rd party games that are identical to the 360 and PS3 counterparts, not versions that are inferior like the Wii.

I would be inclined to agree with you if it weren't for the fact that the new Microsoft and Sony consoles are going to be a lot more powerful than the 360 and PS3. Unless we get some hard data I'm going to be inclined to say that the Wii U will be the weakest of the 3. Plus it's a generation too late, and I doubt 3rd party devs are going to want to spend money on porting their old games.
Topics I've killed by posting in them: 3

User Info: dcamp27

dcamp27
8 years ago#13
I would be inclined to agree with you if it weren't for the fact that the new Microsoft and Sony consoles are going to be a lot more powerful than the 360 and PS3. Unless we get some hard data I'm going to be inclined to say that the Wii U will be the weakest of the 3. Plus it's a generation too late, and I doubt 3rd party devs are going to want to spend money on porting their old games.

I think the Wii U will be a lot more powerful than 360 and PS3. For one thing, the Wii U will be much more modern than those systems. I think Wii U will launch with a $300 price tag. One year later, I think Playstation 4 and next Xbox will also launch with a $300 price tag. They don't want to go any higher than that in this economy. Therefore, the PS4 and next Xbox will only be more powerful due to them launching a year later. It will be similar to comparing the power of the PS2 to the Gamecube original Xbox. There wasn't that much of a difference.
I am so disappointed to hear that and I'm really sorry I have to say that as well. I was hoping this would be decent to pick up on Wii but with that Stan Lee scenario on PS3 I can NOT pass that up. Here's to hoping Nintendo realizes it's mistakes with the Wii U.
This sig won't change until I either accomplish my life long dream to become an astronaut or I get tired of seeing it: started 9/24/08
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man
  3. No Free Roam in Wii Version: Official
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A