• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild01
  3. Crimson Shroud

User Info: KeepYourHeart

KeepYourHeart
7 years ago#1
Is it okay if we have a thread only about this one? It's a Matsuno game, so there's always a lot to talk about!

The new teaser trailer showed a bunch of info about the characters and some stuff that seemed like design notes; some of it are easy to read, others not so much. Anyone got the full stuff?

User Allegretto at Andriasang made a neat summary of what's spottable:
So from what I could read from the trailer Crimson Shadow is a typical RPG. The hero named Giaque, who excels at close-combat weapons, is sent by some Lord Lilenthal to look for a missing friar called Brother Andrea. He will have 2 companions on his quest; Frea, a girl from the Kush tribe (basically the gipsies of that world judging from the description) that is the magic user of the group and Lippi who is a skilled archer. The game will have a generic set of monsters such as goblins and dragons.

User Info: Jinto Lin

Jinto Lin
7 years ago#2
Sounds good. I believe I've read that the plot of that one is supposed to deal with locating people - or in the least, that's the protagonist's vocation - too. I'm curious to see what all the D&D-style multi-sided dice in the game's teaser trailer mean to the gameplay and game world. If they're perhaps telling us that the game is going to play like a home system take on a classic style tabletop RPG, at least in terms of some of its mechanics. That would certainly be interesting, at least - I haven't played an RPG quite like that since some of the old D&D games from the late '80s/early '90s and Drakkhen on the SNES.
http://www.animedream.com ~ Anime Dream - We're like your RPGFan buddies, only anime-based! ~ Tsukasa
  1. Boards
  2. Guild01
  3. Crimson Shroud
  • Topic Archived