• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Innocence R
  3. Just Bought It and Excited!

User Info: yondaime7

yondaime7
2 years ago#1
I've beaten most Tales of games minus Tempest, Destiny 2, Legendia and this and I'm excited to play this.

I couldn't stand the level design in the DS version but liked everything else...

Is it any better this time around? Any cool stuff unique to this battle system?
Don't be a chicken wuss
Stop following other people and go get something.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 years ago#2
Better by miles
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Yonimaru

Yonimaru
2 years ago#3
it's leagues above the DS original. Kongwai's FF blue mage style of getting spells is also fun to utilize. (he is pretty badass mage too)
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: IzuZkb

IzuZkb
1 year ago#6
combos in the air
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: HolyX

HolyX
4 months ago#9
I'm a year late to the party. But I started playing the translated DS version, kind of annoyed by it's simple battle system design and 3 party members...Really want to play this but scared I won't fully understand the system without a patch. ( I did beat Tales of Destiny Director's cut no problem, with no Japanese knowledge)
Check out Final Fantasy VI Abridged!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE8PQkDIU5Y

User Info: Yonimaru

Yonimaru
4 months ago#10
HolyX posted...
I'm a year late to the party. But I started playing the translated DS version, kind of annoyed by it's simple battle system design and 3 party members...Really want to play this but scared I won't fully understand the system without a patch. ( I did beat Tales of Destiny Director's cut no problem, with no Japanese knowledge)

the game flows about the same as before, and if you played Hearts R, it plays FAIRLY close to that. Just with new part of Kongwai learning most of his spells via FF Blue Mage styling. (he gets some amazing spells that way, but hard to figure out which enemies give him spells til you just let every single spell hit him lol.)

a lot more to do in-game than original DS version though. :)
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Innocence R
  3. Just Bought It and Excited!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A