• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Secondary character for Dark Aeons and Penance.

User Info: MysticGreever

MysticGreever
1 month ago#1
I beat endgame and now I'm going for the additional and optional content. I understand Rikku, Wakka and Tidus are essential for that content but I just can't get that damn Sun Sigil for Calabolg. So I guess I have 2 options.

1) Create a BDL weapon for Tidus.

2) Use another character except Khimari because screw that butterfly game.

I've already acquired Triple AP weapons (except Yuna) and customized them for that sweet mega AP bonus. Now I just need a little guidance to start boosting the Sphere Grid.
Currently Playing: 2600: Pitfall NES: DW4(fin), SNES:Wizardry 1-3/SMW, PS1: FF7 (fin), PS2: TM: Black, PS3:FinalFantasy X, PS4:DeathStranding

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
1 month ago#2
You really want a celestial weapon, so Tidus with another BDL weapon isn't as good as another character. I did it just fine with Auron; Rikku is the only character that's truly indispensable, and you don't want to use Yuna really because being able to swap her in at any time for an aeon to eat a big attack is great.

Idk what sphere grid guidance you need. If you have the triple AP weapons, you presumably know about the tonberry AP trick. Other than that... beat the monster arena bosses that drop stat spheres over and over, use extract [whatever] on Kottos if you're running low on regular spheres. And have a TV show or something to watch while you're grinding luck/fortune spheres, because it's atrociously dull.

MysticGreever
1 month ago#3
Thanks, and yes I'm going to do the Don Tonberry trick, I also have 3 customized weapons for sphere drops. I'm just not 100% sure what I should work on first with Expert Sphere grid. Should I gain a ton of HP spheres, should I boost up Luck first, change all the stat ones to all 4's, I'm just not clear on how to go about it the right way.

You mentioned Kottos for sphere drops? I gotta look that up because I don't know anything special about it, thanks.
Currently Playing: 2600: Pitfall NES: DW4(fin), SNES:Wizardry 1-3/SMW, PS1: FF7 (fin), PS2: TM: Black, PS3:FinalFantasy X, PS4:DeathStranding

User Info: Trumble

Trumble
1 month ago#4
No character is essential for it. You can beat the side stuff using whatever three characters you want - heck, you can do most of it with just two characters.

Having Tidus and/or Wakka helps a lot, because Dark Mindy's evasion is ridiculously high and you need over 200 Luck to reliably cut through it - but their overdrives are multi-hit (which tends to make up for the reduced frequency of being able to use them and the lack of defence ignore, not that Mindy's defence is particularly high) and never miss. Rikku's Hyper Mighty G is a good plan B for surviving most Dark Aeon overdrives if you can't get Yuna in to summon an aeon, but you can live without it.

However, a BDL custom weapon will be inferior to the celestial weapons, even if it has exactly the same abilities. Don't do that.
[insert funny sig here]

MysticGreever
1 month ago#5
Got it, thanks.

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
1 month ago#6
MysticGreever posted...

You mentioned Kottos for sphere drops? I gotta look that up because I don't know anything special about it, thanks.
Kottos drops a ton of regular spheres (like 40 or so?). So if you use one of the sphere distillers or one of the extract skills on him, you can easily farm the basic spheres (power, speed, mana, ability) you are lacking.
PSN/YouTube/Twitch: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

MysticGreever
1 month ago#7
@Zzonkmiles

Dude you're everywhere. I know you from the NES FF boards as well as the DW boards, I think I even saw you post on the NES Wizardry board, not sure. Not to mention you're one of the few people on my PSN friends list. Always reliable advice and you have great taste in games.

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
4 weeks ago#8
MysticGreever posted...
@Zzonkmiles

Dude you're everywhere. I know you from the NES FF boards as well as the DW boards, I think I even saw you post on the NES Wizardry board, not sure. Not to mention you're one of the few people on my PSN friends list. Always reliable advice and you have great taste in games.
Awwww, thanks. This gives me all the feels. No, really. I appreciate this. I try to help others out the best I can. If I don't know something, I'll own up to it or just avoid commenting. But for the stuff I do know, it's hard for me to hold back! I've been gaming for many many years and I'm happy to share my joy of gaming with others who can appreciate it. You're a kindred spirit on these boards and I'm happy our gaming paths crossed. I'm always happy to help. Game on!
PSN/YouTube/Twitch: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Secondary character for Dark Aeons and Penance.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A