• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. List of missables for ffX?

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 month ago#1
I’m gonna start a mega playthrough I want to do and collect everything is there a list or anything so I don’t miss anything?
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: Trumble

Trumble
1 month ago#2
The three Al Bhed Primers in Al Bhed Home, and the one in Bevelle, can no longer be obtained once you leave those areas (except by using a Compilation Sphere to copy them from another save). Also, if you don't get a No Encounters weapon from Geosgaeno you can never get one (but you can still get a No Encounters armor), and the Magic Counter shield in the Calm Lands is the same (you can get that ability on a weapon, but never on an armor except for that one-off). Also, if you don't talk to Wantz on Gagazet, you can't buy empty four-slot gear from him later, which also means you can never get empty four-slot weapons for Auron and Kimahri (as the monsters that otherwise drop empty four-slot gear, will always drop Piercing on weapons for those two). Finally, once you defeat Penance you can't obtain any more Master Spheres, aside from the one-off 10 from unlocking Nemesis if you don't have those yet.

That's pretty much all. There's a few other cases where if you're being really pedantic about exact combinations of abilities on equipment, there's some combinations for Auron and Kimahri that you can no longer get after a certain point - but that's only if you're worried about "must have exactly X slots", rather than accepting a "4 total slots, with some of them blank" equivalent (which is exactly the same functionally).

There are other cases where you can be temporarily unable to get something, but none that are permanent.
[insert F word here]
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ericnova

ericnova
1 month ago#3
If Trumble's list seems surprisingly short, that's just because of how the game works. Due to the weapon/armor mod system, you can usually craft an identical substitute for a missed treasure (though it might be expensive).

I'd also add that, in the Remastered version, some items become extremely difficult to obtain if you miss them the first time due to new bonus bosses that show up in the final third of the game. Check this guide for some details: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/faqs/48190
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. List of missables for ffX?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A