• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. I forgot how absolutely terrible the side content was in this game..

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
2 months ago#1
Catching 10 of every monster in spira is sooo tedious and boring...

leveling the sphere grid and maxing stats is nauseating even with quick AP methods... mainly because you have to one by one activate nodes and re stock up on all the different spheres..

Being forced to play 25+ games of blitzall for wakkas sigil is soo drawn out and boring.

200 lightning dodges for Lulu? Just frustrating and nerve wracking...

It's like you do all this boring and tedious s*** and for what? To fight a bunch of creature arena monsters which can pretty much almost all be taken out effectively the exact same way... Attack reels and quick hits... The exact same strategy for all the monsters making them all feel the exact same.. It doesn't even feel rewarding to beat them in anyway...

I guess the inclusion of the dark aeons is kind of nice but it's not even worth it to go through all the bulls*** to get to that point..

FFX is the only game I just play through the main storyline when I replay it and don't bother with the side stuff.. It just isn't worth it and feels like a huge time sink with little to no fun pay off.
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Sunburst

Sunburst
2 months ago#2
I agree. I only do enough optional stuff to get Yojimbo and Auron's ultimate weapon. Thankfully, they made X-2's side content very fun. At least for me.
A True Friend leaves paw prints on your heart

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
2 months ago#3
They are bad, but I like the game enough to do them anyway. Maxing sphere grid though, that's Runescape level of grind.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
2 months ago#4
100% agree. The grind was not worth it when I finally did it on PS2.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#5
It is when Dark Ixion ganks your entire team in two turns out of nowhere when you thought you would be having a friendlyish chat with someone new, maybe a quest?, no just death incarnate lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: unwashed_masses

unwashed_masses
2 months ago#6
What sucks is that they block off besaid with some superboss dark aeon even though I need to enter to get a sphere for Auron's final overdrive. Absolutely stupid how they put all these bosses everywhere that just aggro you. They should have put them to the side so that you can explore unhindered.

User Info: dsaddict

dsaddict
2 months ago#7
Don't forget the Chocobo races.
"I look like a boss, I feel like a boss, I taste like a boss..." Max B

User Info: KiwiTerraRizing

KiwiTerraRizing
2 months ago#8
Everything is doable except for Chocobo catcher. That is the worst god damned mini game ever.
Trucking Legend Don Schneider
https://i.imgtc.com/0EE5xDd.jpg

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#9
KiwiTerraRizing posted...
Everything is doable except for Chocobo catcher. That is the worst god damned mini game ever.
up vote. :)
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
2 months ago#10
I actually like the chocobo catcher a lot more than lightning dodging or playing 25 games of blitzball or catching 10 of every monster in spira.
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. I forgot how absolutely terrible the side content was in this game..
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A