You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Seymour in Macalania *spoilers*

User Info: FlameHeroAkai

FlameHeroAkai
4 weeks ago#1
So I've made my way to the first fight against Seymour and I've managed to figure out that having Rikku steal from the guards stops them from healing constantly leaving them to be two-shotted by Tidus and Lulu, and between Shiva and Ixion I manage to get Anima down enough to be taken out with two shots from Lulu or one from her and one from Tidus. My problem lies in Seymour after taking out Anima. He starts using "multi" 'aga' spells and no matter if its an Aeon or a character, they get oneshotted by the spells and since he's immune to Silence there's nothing I can do against him... how am I supposed to win?
FC: 4055-3343-7465
PKMN X Friend Safari: Ice: Spheal, Beartic, Piloswine.

User Info: JOSHI_the_Drako

JOSHI_the_Drako
4 weeks ago#2
Start the battle with Khimari's Stone breath overdrive (from Fungus Pass Basilisk), that takes out both guards in one fell swoop.

Then Talk to Seymour to increase the stats of Yuna and Tidus (and Auron, but he's not really usefull unless you already have Magic Break.)

Use Tidus' Haste to speed up the party members, as well as Lulu's powerful magic to deal damage if he used protect... if he used shell, use your most powerfull melee character. (likely Tidus or Khimari).

When Seymour summons Anima, summon ????? (Shiva) and use Heavenly strike repeatedly (delays enemy turn) and Diamond Dust once full. (It should be full when Shiva has around 450HP left)

Then just finish him off with any aeons you've left. he really shouldn't be any trouble..... this time....
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
4 weeks ago#3
Seymore has a pattern to his aga spells. Use Yunas appropriate Nul spells (Nul Blaze, Nul Frost, etc.) to negate the spell damage.
Playing: Final Fantasy X
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

FlameHeroAkai
4 weeks ago#4
Not sure if Yunnie has the Nul spells... I *think* she might but... as for Shiva delaying enemy turn, Anima is immune to it and it usually takes like I said above to take down the nuisance.

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
4 weeks ago#5
FlameHeroAkai posted...
Not sure if Yunnie has the Nul spells... I *think* she might but... as for Shiva delaying enemy turn, Anima is immune to it and it usually takes like I said above to take down the nuisance.

The Nul spells are some of the first ones yuna learns.

Seymore always casts Blizzara, Thundara, Watera, and Fira in that order and then he repeats it. Yuna first turn cast Nul Frost to cancel the damage of Blizzara. Then Yunas next turn cast NulShock to cancel the Thundera damage and ect.
Playing: Final Fantasy X
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
4 weeks ago#6
@toadieman is correct. The Null spells are the first nodes in Yuna's grid. Since the game kinda induces you to learn everything as you move, it's rather unlikely for you to not have them.

I'm not sure you need a member with Sensor for this, but the help bar should list the order the spells are cast, so you can keep up. As long as Yuna is Haste'd, she should always have at least one turn before Seymour so you can protect accordingly.

You can also try to have all 4 Nulls up before taking down his first phase, and spam Aeons on Anima, so you start off his last phase with complete protection.

Edit: are you rotating and using every party member every battle to gain AP? It seems to me you are slightly under levelled for this part of the game, considering the average player. Do consider doing some grinding.
Barely playing online anymore. =\
(edited 4 weeks ago)

FlameHeroAkai
4 weeks ago#7
@Ryan86 I honestly forgot about Yuna's nul spells, and yes, I was rotating my party every few battles but went out and grinded my ass off anyways getting Lulu all her tier 3 Black Magic element spells and the others took five or six fights to level up by the time I went back, once Yuna managed to get her nulls up, between Tidus and Lulu's overdrives, I stomped a mudhole into Seymour and I feel all the better for it. Thanks, everyone for the help.

User Info: JOSHI_the_Drako

JOSHI_the_Drako
3 weeks ago#8
FlameHeroAkai posted...
@Ryan86 I honestly forgot about Yuna's nul spells, and yes, I was rotating my party every few battles but went out and grinded my ass off anyways getting Lulu all her tier 3 Black Magic element spells and the others took five or six fights to level up by the time I went back, once Yuna managed to get her nulls up, between Tidus and Lulu's overdrives, I stomped a mudhole into Seymour and I feel all the better for it. Thanks, everyone for the help.

You have the -ga spells at Seymour?!?

I am at Sin and I don't have the -ga spells yet!... not that I need them, celestial weapons do a better job.

User Info: TropicalAngel2

TropicalAngel2
3 weeks ago#9
JOSHI_the_Drako posted...
FlameHeroAkai posted...

You have the -ga spells at Seymour?!?

I am at Sin and I don't have the -ga spells yet!... not that I need them, celestial weapons do a better job.

if you at sin, so find a church!
Check it out my Youtube Game Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/megaeliastv
Jesus Christ is The Lord - PSN - Xbox Live - TropicalAngel
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Seymour in Macalania *spoilers*