You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Blitzball or Triple Triad?

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
1 month ago#11
Enigma8th posted...
rpggamer29 posted...
Not so different from any other sports game.

you do realize sports game don't stop time for every tackle/shot/pass right? the game is no more than a disguised TRPG. the FFX version at least, X-2 is indeed a sport team management game

I mean, Madden and MLB games are almost as stop/start as blitzball. Just you're selecting to run a HB dive or throw a curveball instead of breaking to Balgerda (just kidding; you might as well just hand her the ball and your lunch money).

User Info: kilik0410

kilik0410
1 month ago#12
This is a really hard one for me, because I love both, but I think I like the IDEA of BB more lol but in the end it just as too many issues to win in a 1 on 1 versus TT. Especially if you think about what you can do with the cards in FF8, although even in FFXIV Triple Triad its still fun just to play....

With Blitzball, I didn't have such a problem with the over-favoring of the opponents because I would just account for that with the whole +/-50% stats thing.... To me that's actually what made it challenging at all since its so easy to just level up your players. My biggest problem with it is that the rewards just aren't worth it for late to post gaming. Other than some Return Spheres early on (which can be nice) or the rare Teleport Sphere or an odd Megalixir, but to play the whole League for one is just not worth it.

User Info: ArmaLeyvaten

ArmaLeyvaten
4 weeks ago#13
This was very close for me. I LOVE both of these. That doesn't mean I can necessarily do either of these for HOURS at a time, but whenever I am in the mood to tackle them I enjoy it.

I gave the very slight edge to Triple Triad. Once you get Wakka's celestial weapon materials there's little reason to play Blitzball any more. Triple Triad helps EVERY character in its game and continues to have respectable rewards per time invested at endgame.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 weeks ago#14
Triple Triad. The biggest reasons being

-Each game was short and sweet. You were rewarded well, and it wasn't all that time consuming to play.

-With it being tied into character progression, it seemed less superfluous than Blitzball. Blitz didn't really offer much of value, was tedious to play, and there was pretty much no reason to play it outside of Wakka's Celestial Weapon unlocks.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: ZombieAkane

ZombieAkane
4 weeks ago#15
I love blitzball. It's my favorite mini game in all games, final fantasy or not.

But it's exactly that. A mini game. And as such has flaws. The ai is dumb. The hardest bb game is the first one you ever play. So a new player will always lose, even me ive finished ffx about 10 times since I was a kid in 2001. I truly love this game and it shaped my personality as a child. Even I, can struggle with the first game. It's usually fun for me, my last play through i won 3-2 in overtime.

Fun for me, frustrating for another.

But once you recruit a few decent players and figure out the ais patterns you will never lose again. Not even against nimrook
Girl Gamer | Passive Aggressive | Not A Feminist | PC Gamer Master Race |

User Info: DeadliftKing91

DeadliftKing91
4 weeks ago#16
Triple Triad by far. Whenever I play blitzball, I just score once then hang out behind the net while everyone spins in circles. I don't enjoy the gameplay at all.

User Info: VS11v

VS11v
4 weeks ago#17
ZombieAkane posted...
I love blitzball. It's my favorite mini game in all games, final fantasy or not.

But it's exactly that. A mini game. And as such has flaws. The ai is dumb. The hardest bb game is the first one you ever play. So a new player will always lose, even me ive finished ffx about 10 times since I was a kid in 2001. I truly love this game and it shaped my personality as a child. Even I, can struggle with the first game. It's usually fun for me, my last play through i won 3-2 in overtime.

Fun for me, frustrating for another.

But once you recruit a few decent players and figure out the ais patterns you will never lose again. Not even against nimrook

Do you still proceed through the story if you lose the first match? I have never played Blitzball before.

I would vote for Triple Triad because I find it fun and Blitzball rather tedious (swim, pass, catch, repeat).
Let's rock.

User Info: Kruggov

Kruggov
3 weeks ago#18
VS11v posted...

Do you still proceed through the story if you lose the first match? I have never played Blitzball before.

I would vote for Triple Triad because I find it fun and Blitzball rather tedious (swim, pass, catch, repeat).

You do, you just don't get the Strength Sphere, and Wakka will be holding a blitzball rather than the trophy in the following scene.

I like TT more since it's much more impactful through the game, and less confusing to boot (unless Plus is involced, I hate that rule more than Random by far).
Blitzball... at least I don't have to babysit the ruleset and reset constantly.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Blitzball or Triple Triad?