Best Grids and Accessories to go with Mascots

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Best Grids and Accessories to go with Mascots

User Info: duncanm

duncanm
4 months ago#1
Howdy guys, pretty much just looking for what the title says, the best garment grids and accessories for each girl to use with the Mascot dress-sphere. Thanks for any help, and I apologize if it's been asked before, I looked and couldn't find one.

User Info: Zoruakid

Zoruakid
4 months ago#2
I dont know what the best is as its be a long time but this what i have on my girls. all have the last resort grid. Rikku has iron duke end speed bracer. Yuna has lron duke end ragnarok. Paine has the same as yuna as they accessories I hope it help

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
4 months ago#3
It really depends on your playstyle and what you're aiming for. Iron Duke is the best acc in the game, so having 2 for each girl (regardless of the DS equipped) is pretty much the best you can get. Similarly, Peerless, Last Resort and perhaps The End GGs are pretty broken, though you might consider other ones depending on the situation, like Highroad Winds/Mounted Assault for First Strike or Ray of Hope for guaranteed rare drops (if you're using monsters).

I myself like more balanced builds, and even a bit of gimmicky ones. For example, a black mage on Megido GG with Wring and Ragnarok for instant casting Ultimas for free; while it has it's uses, it's not that great tbh, black magic isn't very strong by end game, and even with Ultima's power, it can't go beyond 9999 dmg with that setup due to no BDL (not to mention it's very slow and repetitive).

Now, considering Mascot, you probably want to focus on what role each girl plays in battle. Yuna and Paine's DS have pretty strong offensive abilities (Moogle Beam and Cactling Gun both do a lot of dmg and ignore the opponent's DEF), so you probably want something with BDL on them, and possibly Spellspring (though you can use Yuna's Moogle Jolt or items to deal with MP); if you choose only 1 of the girls for the offense, choose Paine - she can buff her attack further with Samurai's abilities and Yuna is great on healing/support with her other moogle abilities. Rikku is better suited for random encounters (with status effects and debuffs), so she doesn't get much going for her against bosses unfortunately - she can provide some support/healing with her white magic, but it's overshadowed by Yuna's moogle abilities. If you're using items, consider Key to Success, for its 'double all' affect items as well (like Alchemist's passive). Statwise, everyone is tanky on Mascot, so anything that boosts HP (along with BHPL, if it goes past the cap) is welcome and/or you can use Stamina Tonics to stack/replace this.

User Info: Kakuzatou

Kakuzatou
3 months ago#4
demonguardian posted...
I myself like more balanced builds, and even a bit of gimmicky ones. For example, a black mage on Megido GG with Wring and Ragnarok for instant casting Ultimas for free; while it has it's uses, it's not that great tbh, black magic isn't very strong by end game, and even with Ultima's power, it can't go beyond 9999 dmg with that setup due to no BDL (not to mention it's very slow and repetitive).

Eyyyy that cuts deep bro lol.

Why yes I am a crazy guy who beat Major Numerus at levels 1/1/2 by spamming Ultima just to see if I could.
xXGOD HAND CARNIVAL COSTUME CREWXx

Kakuzatou
3 months ago#5
Moogle Cureja and Moogle Jolt are overrated imo. Megalixirs perform better and you can easily get as many as you need from bribing Earth Worms. Similarly, Ragnarok generally shouldn't be equipped in any serious battle since Three Stars are so easy to acquire.

These are my random opinions of the day.

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
3 months ago#6
Kakuzatou posted...
Why yes I am a crazy guy who beat Major Numerus at levels 1/1/2 by spamming Ultima just to see if I could.

You have my respect for not dying to that. Not by Numerus' attacks, but enduring the constant Ultima animation for so long. Jokes aside, that's quite a feat, color me impressed.

Moogle Cureja and Moogle Jolt are overrated imo. Megalixirs perform better and you can easily get as many as you need from bribing Earth Worms. Similarly, Ragnarok generally shouldn't be equipped in any serious battle since Three Stars are so easy to acquire.

Never said they were better, just an alternative. Both Moogle Cureja and Jolt can suffer a little depending on your setup, given that they're % healing (similar to White Wind), but I still find Moogle Cureja good for it's relatively low cost. It's effectiveness with a team of Mascots might be a little debatable due to Ribbon and Auto-Shell, but so is most of its alternatives. Nonetheless, they're tanky enough to compensate for the reduced healing. Jolt is sorta the other way around, I usually don't have so much MP for me to recover more than an Ether with Alchemist (maybe even without her), but hey, it's free. Also, I'm a hoarder myself, so I try to avoid using items when I can, even when they're easily attainable. With that said, I agree about items > abilities/acc.

Something I just wanted to add that I didn't thought about previously is that Rikku can deal respectable dmg if you pump up her HP (with both acc and items)+BHPL and use Instinct/Berserker's 'Hurt'. Also, buff Luck for crits. Maybe you can do something similar with Mad Rush, but I was less than impressed with the results. Then again, I never understood how the ability's dmg worked, so I'm partly at fault.

Kakuzatou
3 months ago#7
demonguardian posted...
You have my respect for not dying to that. Not by Numerus' attacks, but enduring the constant Ultima animation for so long. Jokes aside, that's quite a feat, color me impressed.

That was easier than when I chain attack killed Chac with a 1/1/2 party on First Steps, no accessories, and no items. That took iirc...a bit less than an hour maybe? Didn't take too long, all things considered lol.

demonguardian posted...
Something I just wanted to add that I didn't thought about previously is that Rikku can deal respectable dmg if you pump up her HP (with both acc and items)+BHPL and use Instinct/Berserker's 'Hurt'. Also, buff Luck for crits. Maybe you can do something similar with Mad Rush, but I was less than impressed with the results. Then again, I never understood how the ability's dmg worked, so I'm partly at fault.

Yeah Hurt is good for enemies that have high Defense, since it ignores that. Mad Rush does double the damage of a regular attack, plus it's a guaranteed critical - so 4x what you usually see with a normal attack. Of course, it doesn't ignore Defense, so against Trema and Shinra it's going to do pathetic damage.

Another thing to add: a quick, easy way to do more damage with physical attacks throughout a battle is to do a Teleport (Psychic ability) or two at the start of the battle. Ideally you'll have YRP surrounding the enemy in a triangle formation, so that at least one of them is behind the enemy at all times. Physical attacks from behind do double damage, so it will be more than worth the time it took to set it up pretty quickly.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Best Grids and Accessories to go with Mascots

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived