• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. How much does maxed magic ultima do against max defense?

User Info: megalicious3000

megalicious3000
6 years ago#1
With a weapon with BDL, magic booster and magic +10/20%, with focus x5. I was wondering if it would be an alternative way to fight the dark aeons and penance.
Kurse all SeeDs

User Info: mrbazinga

mrbazinga
6 years ago#2
Most likely not, not because it might not do 99,999 but it probably has a slow recovery rate, especially compared to quick hit etc

User Info: Brumalis

Brumalis
6 years ago#3
mrbazinga posted...
Most likely not, not because it might not do 99,999 but it probably has a slow recovery rate, especially compared to quick hit etc

delay set back is depanded on double cast.

and against max Defence? i'd say 99999 against max magic defence around 70k maybe
currently playing Final Fantasy X-2
(message deleted)

User Info: JolosGhost

JolosGhost
6 years ago#5
Max Magic Ultima w/focus x5 and Magic Booster = 386,841

Nemesis Defense modifier (150 MDef): 170/730
Penance Defense Modifier (200 MDef): 74/730

90000 per Ultima against Nemesis
39000 per Ultima against Penance.

Use that as your sliding scale. If the DA has less MDef than Nemesis, full damage. Otherwise, somewhere in the middle.
"Oh yeah, forgot Lydia. Those legs.. I'd lift her skirt and give her the least satisfying 30 seconds of her life." ~ DeltronFF

User Info: Burdicus

Burdicus
6 years ago#6
JolosGhost posted...
Max Magic Ultima w/focus x5 and Magic Booster = 386,841

Nemesis Defense modifier (150 MDef): 170/730
Penance Defense Modifier (200 MDef): 74/730

90000 per Ultima against Nemesis
39000 per Ultima against Penance.

Use that as your sliding scale. If the DA has less MDef than Nemesis, full damage. Otherwise, somewhere in the middle.

Great response. Just curious if this includes mag +10/20% though?
Current Replay: Radiata Stories

JolosGhost
6 years ago#7
Yes it does, sorry, forgot to mention that.
"Oh yeah, forgot Lydia. Those legs.. I'd lift her skirt and give her the least satisfying 30 seconds of her life." ~ DeltronFF

User Info: megalicious3000

megalicious3000
6 years ago#8
Thank you very much. With this I can try something new this playthrough.

Maybe I'll even spare myself from raising luck if I try lancet on dark anima.
Kurse all SeeDs

JolosGhost
6 years ago#9
The 230 Luck *just* for Dark Mindy is idiotic and I do t know why I had to test that to see it. She's got small HP for a super boss, she can be separated from her sisters and you can annihilate her with Overdrives and Aeon Block/Ribbon Block the worst of Graviton.

I never went past 115 Luck and I'm glad I didn't. I have more than enough to farm Penance. I Zanmato-cheesed him for the Trophy, and reset so I can farm his arms and fight him legit later.

User Info: hamstergeval

hamstergeval
6 years ago#10
Why would you? Celestial weapons have triple overdrive and by the time you're ready to fight DA's, wakka wil most likely have 255str. Attack reels > magic
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. How much does maxed magic ultima do against max defense?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Yojimbo Strategy? Build15 Answers
Maximum stats? Build6 Answers
Lightning plains cactuar stone help? Side Quest3 Answers
How does Al Bhed Compilation Work? Build3 Answers
New Game Plus for FFX? Build6 Answers