• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Do 255 str and str 20 stack ?

User Info: Hadien

Hadien
6 years ago#11
Strength +20% only increases physical damage not Magical or Special, Same with Magic booster and Magic +20% only affecting Magical Damage. As such they wont affect Overderives

In fact, the only Weapon ability that can affect an Overdrive's damage is Break Damage Limit, since it is a special-type modifier (Special-Type Modifiers can affect all 3 damage types). All weapon abilities are specific to a damage type. All the touch/strikes, Piercing, Capture, and Strength +X% are all physical-based. Magic Booster and Magic +X% is Magical-based. Some Special-based abilities include Half/One MP Cost.

pbirdman posted...

yes but her od is capped at like 400k with a huuuge delay
Huh??

I think he is referring to Ultima Fury, casting about 4 times at 99,999 damage. Actually, at max magic you can cast Ultima upto 7 times, Flare upto 11, and all others upto 16 times. (yes the Wiki is wrong about this)

In reality, the level 3 -ga Fury will grant the most damage. in the best case it can deal around 1.1 to 1.3 million damage, and still have decent recovery compared to other Overdrives of the same caliber (with Drain fury matching the speed of attack reels). Flare Fury follows behind nearing 0.7 million, and Ultima Fury even further at ~550K (it's better suited against multiple enemies anyway which makes up for the lower damage)
They see me posting...They hatin'... Trolling...Trying to catch me typin QWERTY
I once had a belief but translationparty.com/#11082671 ruined it

User Info: FireMage7777

FireMage7777
6 years ago#12
If you want to use either against the Dark Aeons or Penance then get those sigils, otherwise they're being held back
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
Official Fire Type Gym Leader of GFAQs MGM PokeLeague

User Info: Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255
6 years ago#13
FireMage is right. Penance has Auto Protect and high Defence. Custom regular weapons do almost nothing to it.
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!

User Info: fatelord

fatelord
6 years ago#14
So a custom weapon with

Break damage limit
Triple overdrive
Str + 20%
Piercing

With 255 str .. How much damage will it do against dark aeons and penance ?

Thinking about booting Tidus for Rikku since it took me ages in the original FF to get his damn caladbolg.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14

User Info: The Devourer

The Devourer
6 years ago#15
Lulu's you're fine not getting. Don't bother using Tidus for the super hard enemies without his though. The celestials ignore defense for physical attacks so it's a night and day difference between them and a clone.
FX8350, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7

User Info: FireMage7777

FireMage7777
6 years ago#16
fatelord posted...
So a custom weapon with

Break damage limit
Triple overdrive
Str + 20%
Piercing

With 255 str .. How much damage will it do against dark aeons and penance ?

Thinking about booting Tidus for Rikku since it took me ages in the original FF to get his damn caladbolg.

Piercing still won't be much help against super bosses. Get Caladbolg
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
Official Fire Type Gym Leader of GFAQs MGM PokeLeague
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Do 255 str and str 20 stack ?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A