• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. I love this game but Tidus is so annoying

User Info: RubMyDucky

RubMyDucky
7 years ago#1
Hes awesome in battle but story wise his attitude is so annoying where whatever he says makes me cringe.

Does anyone else dislike him?
Don't shoot! I'm a human!

User Info: Nynz

Nynz
7 years ago#2
I like him and I think he is a great character, especially as a protagonist. Is he perfect? No, and that is endearing. Get to see him grow from the start of the game to the end.
Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory. - Byakuya Kuchiki
PSN: Nynzy

User Info: Burdicus

Burdicus
7 years ago#3
Idk, for a guy who had his whole world ripped out from under him in about 5 minutes, I think he keeps it together pretty well and has an overall impressive attitude. The only think I don't like is the way he runs into the temple at the very start of the game for someone he doesn't even know. But I s'pose that makes him a typical hero.
It's been a while.

User Info: jonnovision1

jonnovision1
7 years ago#4
Burdicus posted...
Idk, for a guy who had his whole world ripped out from under him in about 5 minutes, I think he keeps it together pretty well and has an overall impressive attitude. The only think I don't like is the way he runs into the temple at the very start of the game for someone he doesn't even know. But I s'pose that makes him a typical hero.

this^

people like to complain about how an MC is whiny or something but... it's almost always warranted, and I think it's safe to say most people would react the same in their situation
3DS FC: 3695 - 0270 - 7045

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
7 years ago#5
Burdicus posted...

Indeed.
Currently playing: Metroid: Zero Mission, Tales of Arise, Judgment
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general ~ BTS Army

User Info: trenken

trenken
7 years ago#6
Yes hes terrible. He looks like a girl, has a lot of cringe worthy dialogue, and sounds like Peter Brady. I honestly dont know what the heck squeenix was thinking with him.

He doesnt have a single redeeming quality.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// PS3 | CygnusZero
XB1 | CygnusZero4790

User Info: MoToX20

MoToX20
7 years ago#7
Until I realized he's more realistic than other protagonists I didn't like him much. But after realizing that anyone in his situation would be acting the same way I kinda like him. It's a nice change from seeing the ones with the "nothing bothers me, I'm the biggest bad@&@ in the world and anyone that messes with me is going down" attitude. It's nice to see the emotional issues and the growth he experiences throughout the game. He's by no means "whiny", he's just a normal guy that watched his life disappear and had to deal with some pretty big realizations.
There's no such thing as a Saint without a past, or a sinner without a future.
The truly wise man always has more questions than answers.

User Info: KSA_ZACK

KSA_ZACK
7 years ago#8
I think he's a realistic character, so no, I don't find him annoying.
''In the end...the future refused to change.''

User Info: Inertion5

Inertion5
7 years ago#9
Great character. Never disliked him.
Objectively right.

User Info: Kisai

Kisai
7 years ago#10
He's not really, but hey, you know the internet...
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. I love this game but Tidus is so annoying
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A