• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: B-bop1990

B-bop1990
7 years ago#1
Hey guys,

early on in FFX was there any mechanic to scoring lots of gil?
I know in X-2 if you pay off O'aka you can buy and resell his stuff at triple the profit. However with FFX and Yojimbo, Blitzball, and bribing, was there anything early on?

User Info: Djayc85

Djayc85
7 years ago#2
Nope just good old fashioned grinding
3DS Code: 1564-3228-3253

User Info: drcossack

drcossack
7 years ago#3
Luca Docks. Worker Machina drop Hi-Potion:

Drop: Worker - 1,2; , = Luca

After that? Epaaj give you 950 per kill, I believe. And when you can actually kill things in the Monster Arena, you can get Triple AP weapons. One Eye is the quickest, giving you 45k or 67k every time you sell one, 3 slot weapons. However, Earth Eater, Ultima Buster, and others do the same, but the stuff they drop sells for 150k (4 slot weapon)
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)

User Info: Karifean

Karifean
7 years ago#4
The O'Aka trick in X-2 is neither very useful nor efficient. For one, you don't really need gil at that point in the game, and later on when you do need it, there are better ways.

Two in particular stand out:

1) CONGRATS! This ability instantly bribes every enemy and awards you with a lot of gil. If you fight enemies immune to Bribe you can continuously use it to get gil quickly, and otherwise you also get great rare items/accessories. This can be done as soon as you get Lady Luck dressphere and learn "Random Reels". Manipulating it may be a little annoying but you'll get the hang of it quickly.

2) Earth Worm with 8x Gil. 8x Gil comes from stacking three "Double Gil" auto-abilities, one per party member. You can get Double Gil in three ways: Lady Luck (dressphere), Key to Success (accessory) or Horn of Plenty (GG). With this you get I think 48'000 Gil or so for every Earth Worm kill. Depending on your party and setup, he can be killed in less than 5 seconds and you can fight him infinitely in the Fiend Arena.

The latter is really mostly for the postgame, but it's quite effective and had me get many millions in a reasonable amount of time. And trust me, if you want to max out HP at 99999 you'll need a LOT of gil.

User Info: Zoney22

Zoney22
7 years ago#5
Karifean posted...
The O'Aka trick in X-2 is neither very useful nor efficient. For one, you don't really need gil at that point in the game, and later on when you do need it, there are better ways.

Two in particular stand out:

1) CONGRATS! This ability instantly bribes every enemy and awards you with a lot of gil. If you fight enemies immune to Bribe you can continuously use it to get gil quickly, and otherwise you also get great rare items/accessories. This can be done as soon as you get Lady Luck dressphere and learn "Random Reels". Manipulating it may be a little annoying but you'll get the hang of it quickly.

2) Earth Worm with 8x Gil. 8x Gil comes from stacking three "Double Gil" auto-abilities, one per party member. You can get Double Gil in three ways: Lady Luck (dressphere), Key to Success (accessory) or Horn of Plenty (GG). With this you get I think 48'000 Gil or so for every Earth Worm kill. Depending on your party and setup, he can be killed in less than 5 seconds and you can fight him infinitely in the Fiend Arena.

The latter is really mostly for the postgame, but it's quite effective and had me get many millions in a reasonable amount of time. And trust me, if you want to max out HP at 99999 you'll need a LOT of gil.

These are all true, and very good points, but off-topic as OP was mainly asking about FFX.

I wouldn't say anything early on per say, but the two best methods I know for mid-late game are killing Mimics in the Omega Ruins with gillionaire, and customizing armors with auto-regen with items gained from killing one of the easier enemies in the arena. There's an FAQ with these listed somewhere...

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
7 years ago#6
Equip a weapon with Gillionaire or just use Rikku's ultimate weapon.
In Omega Ruins steal from the chests in random battles. Sometimes they are a Mimic. Just kill it which is pretty easy at that point in the game and be sure to use the person in battle with Gillionaire equipped.

50k gil for each if I remember correctly.
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!

User Info: kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala
7 years ago#7
farming gil in ffx is just too tidius

m i rite?
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko

User Info: sir_gr

sir_gr
7 years ago#8
Fight one eye in monster arena, each battle costs 8000gil but he drops weapons that sell for 20000-60000 gil, and he's weally week, can be killed in 3 hits

User Info: Karifean

Karifean
7 years ago#9
Zoney22 posted...
These are all true, and very good points, but off-topic as OP was mainly asking about FFX.

Yeah I noticed that just after I posted it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A