• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Final Fantasy X-2 Ending Spoilers*

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
7 years ago#1
I've beaten this game back when it came out on ps2 and I remember getting the ending where Yuna, Rikku and Paine are on top of the ship. I've also seen the ending where Tidus comes back and where the 2 are in Zanarkand and that one is the perfect ending from what I read.

Is it even possible to have gotten the ending with Tidus without a guide? From what I'm reading is that you have to press X during certain times in the game. How would you even know to do this? I don't remember the game to well so I don't know if the game tells you to press X or not. There was a couple other weird requirements that I read too.

User Info: Ladonia

Ladonia
7 years ago#2
In FFX Tidus taught Yuna how to whistle. In FFX-2 there's a sequence where Yuna is all alone and you hear whistling, press the button when that happens. Quite obscure, so I'd guess most people wouldnt accidently get that ending..

User Info: wolfxslash

wolfxslash
7 years ago#3
Ladonia posted...
In FFX Tidus taught Yuna how to whistle. In FFX-2 there's a sequence where Yuna is all alone and you hear whistling, press the button when that happens. Quite obscure, so I'd guess most people wouldnt accidently get that ending..

actually you press X then the whistle happens

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
7 years ago#4
wolfxslash posted...
Ladonia posted...

actually you press X then the whistle happens

I thought it was press X 4 times actually o.o

User Info: bvillebro

bvillebro
7 years ago#5
First you must meet witg Maechan in guadosalam in chapter 3 (he's in chateau leblanc).After watching the sphere with logos and ormi that featured shuyin, Machean appears. He has a conversation with the party that discussed both tidus and shuyin. This is the first mandatory trigger

Next comes at the end of chapter 3. Yuna is in a garden that resembles this games version of the entrance to the farplane abyss in chapter 5. She starts pacing around and yells frantically. Then she says the magic words

"I'm all alone"

At this point she sits in a squatting position. Press X and you hear a whistle.

She says "where are you?"

Press X again to hear another whistle and a silhouette of tidus body appears. She says wait and chases it before stopping as he walks away

Press X again for a third time to hear a 3rd whistle, and yuna will chase after his image even further, until he walks into the endless, floorless abyss

Press X for a fourth and final time to hear a 4th whistle. A metaphysical pathway will appear and tidus image will ascend it. Yuna will too, and he will guide her out of the farplane.

You have a brief window (a few seconds) to activate the whistle for all of these phases. Failing to do so results in the screen going white, and Yuna bring teleported out of the farplane instead of running out

In chapter 5 after defeating shuyin, you get a "chapter 5 complete message" as a somber yet beautiful version of the "1000 words " instrumental plays. Afterwards, yuna and co. leave the farplane walking on the same garden as last time. Press X to hear the same whistle as before. The bahamut faith appears, then you have the option of choosing the happy ending
Learning something new everyday

bvillebro
7 years ago#6
Cliffs

1. Talk to machean in chapter 3
2. Press X in farplane as yuna sits idly for about 7 seconds in chapter 3
3. Press X in farplane as yuna and co walk idly for about 7 seconds post chapter 5 in farplane

Happy ending

To answer TCs question, yes it is possible.

My first 2 playthroughs I didn't use a guide. My first time playing I got the good ending. Yuna literally sits there for a good amount of time, not moving, and you cant skip scene. With nothing to do cept stare at the screen, I just Pressed x and got a whistle. Everytime afterwards, you get a very large window of time in before the game advances, so I pressed again. After the 2nd time it becomed logical to repeat. Same with chapter 5. On my second playthrough I didn't get it, because I literally wasn't paying attention to the game during the scene. Most people actually miss the happy ending because they forget to talk to Maechan

So yes, you can get the ending where tidus returns without a guide

But strongly doubt you will get the ending where tidus and yuna are in zanarkand without a guide. That is the perfect ending, its different from the happy ending where tidus and yuna reunite in the besaid coast after tidus arises from the sea. And its worth notng that they are two seperate scenes. This requires at least 100% completion of the game, and doing so unlocks both. You can only get the tidus/yuna zanarkand perfect ending with 100%, and it appears after the Without a guide, this likely will never be seen, unless you replay the game several times. Took me 3 tries without a guide to get the perfect ending

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
7 years ago#7
bvillebro posted...
First you must meet witg Maechan in guadosalam in chapter 3 (he's in chateau leblanc).After watching the sphere with logos and ormi that featured shuyin, Machean appears. He has a conversation with the party that discussed both tidus and shuyin. This is the first mandatory trigger

Next comes at the end of chapter 3. Yuna is in a garden that resembles this games version of the entrance to the farplane abyss in chapter 5. She starts pacing around and yells frantically. Then she says the magic words

"I'm all alone"

At this point she sits in a squatting position. Press X and you hear a whistle.

She says "where are you?"

Press X again to hear another whistle and a silhouette of tidus body appears. She says wait and chases it before stopping as he walks away

Press X again for a third time to hear a 3rd whistle, and yuna will chase after his image even further, until he walks into the endless, floorless abyss

Press X for a fourth and final time to hear a 4th whistle. A metaphysical pathway will appear and tidus image will ascend it. Yuna will too, and he will guide her out of the farplane.

You have a brief window (a few seconds) to activate the whistle for all of these phases. Failing to do so results in the screen going white, and Yuna bring teleported out of the farplane instead of running out

In chapter 5 after defeating shuyin, you get a "chapter 5 complete message" as a somber yet beautiful version of the "1000 words " instrumental plays. Afterwards, yuna and co. leave the farplane walking on the same garden as last time. Press X to hear the same whistle as before. The bahamut faith appears, then you have the option of choosing the happy ending

Curious:
1.) Can you spam X the whole way through?
2.) I may be confusing things but is this where Yuna meet Shuyin (not really) in the Farplane?

bvillebro
7 years ago#8
^Yes. The game doesn't require precise timing ot just frames. You can literally just mash the X button endlessly from the start of the scene ti the end, in fact this might be the best thing to do since there is no chance if failure. No penalty for mashing

So to guarantee success, when yuna ends up in the garden, KEEP PRESSING X until you have heard heard 4 whistles

As for your second question yes it is.

But in actuality, she really is meeting shuyin. He is currently possessing baralai's body, and uses pyrefly manipulation to reveal to yuna his actual form (since he believes she is lenne). Since this is technically a quasi-spiritual world, its possible that pyreflies are manipulating the environment as well. Note how when Shuyin approaches, the pyreflies of Lenne's spirit that are manifested in the songstress dressphere active, causing Yuna to illuminate

When Nooj yells at yuna to "open your eyes" she begins to come to terms with the fact that she was simply hoping for something that was clearly not meant to be, and confirms her realization that Tidus truly is gone and not coming back. Shuyin then reverts to his host body, Baralai, provides a foreboding warning that the end is not far now, and walks further into the farplane

If you want to know what the hell is going on, and how/why shuyin is possessing Baralai, watch the Crimson squad survivor reunion in Bevelle in chapter 3 (you must have completed Besaid and Kilika hotspots first) and watch a few of the crimson spheres.

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
7 years ago#9
Thanks for the info guys, So does the whistling part happen during a cutscene? Or is it just a scene where you can move Yuna around and press X? If it's a cutscene movie where you press X then that is weird and I don't know how you would figure that out by yourself. Atleast I don't know how I would because I don't press any buttons during cutscenes. I just watch and I don't expect that I would have to press a button during a cutscene.

bvillebro
7 years ago#10
TheMKDestroyer posted...
Thanks for the info guys, So does the whistling part happen during a cutscene? Or is it just a scene where you can move Yuna around and press X? If it's a cutscene movie where you press X then that is weird and I don't know how you would figure that out by yourself. Atleast I don't know how I would because I don't press any buttons during cutscenes. I just watch and I don't expect that I would have to press a button during a cutscene.

No problemo

Cutscene begins with Yuna monologuing (you sly dog!) in the dark farplane garden. She asks "where am I?" and the camera rezooms itself to bring her into the normal 3rd person POV that you control her with in the game

At this point, you have full control of yuna. You can walk around the garden, but cant open a menu or pause the game. To fade to black into the next scene, press X.

Later after saying I'm all alone, the game rezooms to the same POV again, indicating you can control Yuna again. Only this time, she is sitting and cannot be moved around. You cannot skip the scene, or access the menu. X is literally the only thing you can press, otherwise you'll just be looking in sky view at Yuna crouching for a good 5-7 seconds until she gets teleported out.

I guess they figured with the first part of that scene letting you know that you have control of her when she stops talking, and the fact that Yuna spends so much time sitting idly with nothing to do, you'd press X

Its not like you had to input some grand theft auto, x triangle triangle circle left square select type codes, but it is fairly easy to miss. If you aren't paying attention to a scene that BTW, you CAN'T skip at all, then it might catch you off guard.

I have only ever missed the whistle chance on my second playthrough, and IIRC I was literally listening had my headphones on while playing.

So while its not completely obvious, its something the average player could discover. No guide dang its here
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. Final Fantasy X-2 Ending Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Yojimbo Strategy? Build15 Answers
New Game Plus for FFX? Build6 Answers
How does Al Bhed Compilation Work? Build3 Answers
Lightning plains cactuar stone help? Side Quest3 Answers
Maximum stats? Build6 Answers