• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. If you thought the audio drama was bad... *FFX-2.5 novel SPOILERS*

User Info: W_Mark_Felt_Sr

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
5 years ago#1
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95143642&postcount=732

The top-ranked review [for the FFX-2.5 novel on Amazon] was a bit weird itself, which is why I didn't translate details from the reviews. The reviewer says there's sexual content of some sort in the novel and that's where his review got a little awkward.

The only major detail I got from skimming the reviews is that the readers feel quite sorry for Tidus after the novel. It seems the 'star-crossed lovers' part of the relationship will continue to play out in any following works.
http://en.wikipedia.org?search=%22Ultimania+development%22&ns1=1
^Almost all FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info.

User Info: DragoonGriffith

DragoonGriffith
5 years ago#2
lol

I don't really care personally, but the amount of butthurt this could instigate is just delicious.
Currently playing: FFT, Valkyria Chronicles, ToGf, FE: Shadow Dragon

User Info: Fulvip

Fulvip
5 years ago#3
I am now convinced that SE is trying to systematically destroy themselves. LR sold poorly so it must be some kind of large scale seppuku. What other explanation is there?
After 10 years, the Calm has ended. Sin is back and we'll all suffer.

User Info: Phalio

Phalio
5 years ago#4
..........x_x

Phalio
5 years ago#5
I noticed the reviews were almost all low-rated before and I was trying my best to make sense of it all with the the help of Google translate - which obviously ain't much help.

I keep seeing people mention something about sexual and how they felt really bad for Tidus and that the whole thing was really disappointing. Now that TC's confirmed this further I just have to wonder.

What. The. ****!?

User Info: shuyin99

shuyin99
5 years ago#6
Fulvip posted...
I am now convinced that SE is trying to systematically destroy themselves. LR sold poorly so it must be some kind of large scale seppuku. What other explanation is there?

LR only sold poorly in an FF sense. It had top sales.

DragoonGriffith
5 years ago#7
Seriously though, depending on what is meant here with "feeling sorry for Tidus" and if it's what I'd like to think it is (NTR, though I don't think SE has the balls for it), Yuna could quite possibly become worse than Rinoa herself.

It could also just be that Tidus is injured or something like that or turning into Sin, hence people feeling sorry.

We'll see.

User Info: Fulvip

Fulvip
5 years ago#8
Oh god, the reviews are all the same. It's sad, something sexual happened and yup, people feel bad for Tidus. Oh, and one goes as far as to use "cruel".

The audio drama didn't give the impression that things were so bad.

Honestly, the way the japanese deal with romance is so foreign I'm willing to qualify it as an eldritch concept. You try to wrap your head around it and it melts your mind.
After 10 years, the Calm has ended. Sin is back and we'll all suffer.

DragoonGriffith
5 years ago#9
This is priceless (from one of the reviews):

"As a whole, it is a painful story. It does not constitute any bright impression from the synopsis and title, but (scenes hint at the cruel and sex scene are many there) in a vivid image"

Phalio
5 years ago#10
DragoonGriffith posted...
Seriously though, depending on what is meant here with "feeling sorry for Tidus" and if it's what I'd like to think it is (NTR, though I don't think SE has the balls for it), Yuna could quite possibly become worse than Rinoa herself.

It could also just be that Tidus is injured or something like that or turning into Sin, hence people feeling sorry.

We'll see.

Dude, I will rage across the galaxy if it ends up being some 'ol bull**** like that. Yuna and Square Enix would be so dead to me.

Someone who speaks Japanese, please explain! Please tell me Yuna has not become a raging whore!? *cries*
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
  3. If you thought the audio drama was bad... *FFX-2.5 novel SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived