• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Pocket Football Club
  3. So, has this game been figured out yet?

User Info: suitecards

suitecards
4 years ago#1
I picked up this game way, way later than it's prime. It's fun, but there's far too much needless obscurity.

Zones, for example, are only vaguely described in the game, while this guy here explains them very well (post #5 by zrkalwkwe or whatever)
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643011-nintendo-pocket-football-club/69087821

Players actions are clearly influenced by what training cards they've consumed. So, how do we tell who's had what? I mistook this game for a lighthearted, casual football manager, not one where I'd have to track which defenders have had the offside trap combo or which midfielders have had wing change.
There's no way to check this which is a huge letdown.

More importantly, HOW are player behaviors changed? If this game was called pokemon football sim, hackers would have taken the game apart and worked it out by now. For example, aside from the stat boost, how does "Fan Service", "The Chain" or "Rockabye" influence the player's actions? Is there a way to disable a card effect?

Don't even get me started on the stupid card drop-rates. They presumably drop when your team does poorly in that aspect, but the truth is that only happens half the time. I got bodied by the top-table team and walked away with only 3 cards from that game. There's no rhyme or reason.

It's frustrating to see your players make stupid decisions (like shooting from way out instead of passing to an available striker, or players running out of position) and it's bothersome that it IS possible to change these behaviours, but it requires insane tracking to do so

What are your thoughts peeps, if anyone is even on this board. If this gets archived before any replies, go ahead and make a new topic to address this to keep the conversation going

suitecards
4 years ago#2
It's just frustrating that the game has been better explained by other players than by the game manual or tutorial itself. If any of you peeps know how this wackiness works, please chime in

suitecards
4 years ago#3
Since there's so little activity over this game I figure that I might just collaborate all available information on it myself and put it into a wiki or FAQ or some other timeless document for posterity. If I do so, I'll definitely need help and I'll write of my progress on these boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Pocket Football Club
  3. So, has this game been figured out yet?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A