• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. so yea i think i grinded too much

User Info: weaboowarrior

weaboowarrior
2 months ago#1
i've been grinding Chrom and now he's a lvl 20 great lord.but heres the problem,
chrom can literally defeat a chapter when i pair him up with sumia or even solo,he's been dodging or the enemies deal no damage on him. im only on chapter 11 but do the later chapters get harder? since ive been steamrolling the chapters when i got chrom to lvl 20 great lord

also im on normal difficulty

User Info: Adinseed

Adinseed
2 months ago#2
Yeah, this type of game is broken easily if you grind too much. You could put him in the back row as a pair up partner to someone for the rest of the game, keep him from fighting anyone, or maybe start over.
Also if you find normal mode too easy, try out hard mode.
Through Fire, Justice is Served! - Lunar (Mischief Makers)

User Info: Crazyalien18

Crazyalien18
2 months ago#3
Awakening's high growths and extremely gradual/nonexistent exp decay mean that it's almost impossible to sit at a good spot on the stat curve relative to enemies for too long. Grinding makes things worse due to giving free extra levels on top of that; odds are Chrom is good to go for the entire rest of the game on Normal.

Grinding in general breaks FE wide open, and Awakening's normal is not known for keeping pace with your units. None of the difficulties are, though Hard does a slightly better job of it for a while. You might want to go there if you want difficulty, though I wouldn't advise seeking that from Awakening.

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
2 months ago#4
...You know, it never was a contest when there's enemies Chrom takes 0s from on the Prologue.
It further more wasn't a contest, when the other ones are 10-20hko.

Normal... is braindead.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
2 months ago#5
Well, yeah, the Normal difficulty is really a bit easy in this game. Truly, Hard is Awakenings Normal mode.

User Info: weaboowarrior

weaboowarrior
2 months ago#6
yea i think i'll replay this game in hard after i beat it since normal is too easy with the reeking box grind i did to make chrom and the mc lvl 20 upgraded class

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
2 months ago#7
Well, you can, of course, still grind in Hard mode, but if you don't too much, it can be a very nice challenge, at least in the first parts of the game. Robin and Chrom (and Tharja) still get broken pretty fast, but I'm redoing it now in Hard/Classic and already lost several units by Chapter 12. I've played the game so many times, though, there are some units I just don't care to redo a chapter for.

I'm definitely not a person that enjoys impossibly difficult games, so when I say Hard mode is like Awakening's Normal mode, I mean that pretty literally. Something like Radiant Dawn I would only play on Normal because that game, to me, was quite challenging. The FE games just seem to jump around quite a bit in terms of the difficulty of a game's given modes.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. so yea i think i grinded too much
  • Post New Message