• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How to play Awakening the "classic" way?

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
2 months ago#11
Calling hard bulls***.

By time you've cleared 22 maps-- minimum for C21, they're going to be at or near caps, something you mathematically won't be.
Simply playing maps makes them scale.
Getting levels on anyone, makes them scale.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: ChickenWings

ChickenWings
2 months ago#12
Airship_Canon posted...
Calling hard bulls***.

By time you've cleared 22 maps-- minimum for C21, they're going to be at or near caps, something you mathematically won't be.
Simply playing maps makes them scale.
Getting levels on anyone, makes them scale.

Loosen that tight ass of yours, boy.

Risen do scale, but they also remain on maps for a while, meaning your army can indeed be strong enough to fight them after a few maps.

You underestimate how FAST kids can get good stats. You also forget how certain classes can be easily exploited. Example, Generals can easily die to even lower rank magic, fliers hate Wind magic, Sage and Valk defenses suck ass that you can use your regular swords on them, and so on...

And as YOU pointed out, Pair Up is busted.

I also don't run out of resources because I bothered to give Morgan Armsthrift and send him to smack Bonus Teams with the Leif Blade.

If you don't believe me, I'll put pics.
Nyah.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: hdefined

hdefined
4 weeks ago#13
Corsica posted...
Dude. The game is satisfying as it is
it's obviously a different formula but it's the same result. A bonagide Fire Emblem

I finally beat it, on Hard. I kind of really hated it. There is literally no way to get through the game without grinding.

User Info: Crazyalien18

Crazyalien18
4 weeks ago#14
There is, it's just generally unfun. Heck, every difficulty, even the highest Lunatic+, is beatable without grinding and even with accepting permadeath.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH9AyQVwGOs

But in terms of playing the game the classic way...

Mod the game so the experience formula doesn't suck and pair up isn't so broken.
Mod enemy stats so they don't suddenly dwarf your own from nerfing your team so much.
?????
Profit.

I don't know anyone who's done that, though.

Vanilla Awakening is a game that I'd play for the characters and the story; if you don't care about those, your time is generally better spent elsewhere.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How to play Awakening the "classic" way?
  • Post New Message