• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Chrom got stuck with Sully...

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
3 months ago#41
Timid_Taguel posted...
ArtiRock posted...
Airship_Canon posted...
Slow, methodical, effective. That's the way to play.

Sounds like you're picking your favorites and using them. That's fine, but it doesn't sound like the way to play.

I still prefer Sully. Comes earlier, is very useful if you stick a sword on her in Axe Emblem, and she can pair with a wider variety of units to become really useful i.e Chrom, Stahl, and Fred. Sumia's not bad, but early game Axe Emblem favours the sword and relying on RNG rapier dual strikes to feed kills isn't my way to play.

Mid and Late game is Flier Emblem or Solo Emblem with no inbetween, and the whole game is Speed is not only King but God.

The main portion of "Axe Emblem" is already over by time you get clear of the early game where you're roped into using select units anyway-- and no, you won't have Sully or Stahl getting anywhere near Fred levels of performance. Robin barely does, and he gets ALL THE FEED on Prologue, C1, and C2- winding up at or near L20 in the process, and he gets x1.5 EXP on top of that. It's who you train on C3-- which is important for Lunatic(+) if you're doing anything outside of the Robin vs World, who is going to be trained the same way regardless, so you look at utility out of the early game. Caster Flier is straight better at midgame than any physical flier besides Panne who's got Donnel Growths with usable bases-- also those others? Second. Seal. Required.

And lol at the others being any easier. Fun tip, they're not.
Same method. Same execution.
Except when you're jav spamming you're ALSO going to be feeding Dual Strikes guaranteed due to initial low ass damage, which is important, since oh wait, that's Chrom getting EXP.

Also, you've lost your rights to say L+ is bulls***, since it's a you problem.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
3 months ago#42
ChickenWings posted...
ArtiRock posted...
Airship_Canon posted...

Sounds like you're picking your favorites and using them. That's fine, but it doesn't sound like the way to play.

He's acting like Endgame now.

That "slow, methodical, effective" way applies to training anyone.

@Ikorus13 You can make almost everyone who arrives in the beginning viable in Lunatic.

It does not take too much to make either Stahl or Sully stronger than Frederick in a few chapters. Miriel is even easier to train than Sumia in chapter 3. Vaike can use Hand Axes or that Renown hatchet to throw as soon as he could. A healer is a healer and it never hurts to have her around if she could. Virion, Kellam, and Rickey are really hard to get going, and I managed to be able to use Virion and Rickey to get going.

At least Kellam's bonuses are good.

Yeah. Basically. I really don't care who you like using. But come on...
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: ChickenWings

ChickenWings
3 months ago#43
ArtiRock posted...
ChickenWings posted...
ArtiRock posted...
Airship_Canon posted...

@Ikorus13 You can make almost everyone who arrives in the beginning viable in Lunatic.

It does not take too much to make either Stahl or Sully stronger than Frederick in a few chapters. Miriel is even easier to train than Sumia in chapter 3. Vaike can use Hand Axes or that Renown hatchet to throw as soon as he could. A healer is a healer and it never hurts to have her around if she could. Virion, Kellam, and Rickey are really hard to get going, and I managed to be able to use Virion and Rickey to get going.

And it isn't like Sully is bad. She's pretty good, actually, just not in the way Timid Taguel said. And if you really have a hard on for a flier, Cordelia is a thing too...
Nyah.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Timid_Taguel

Timid_Taguel
3 months ago#44
ChickenWings posted...
ArtiRock posted...
ChickenWings posted...
ArtiRock posted...
Airship_Canon posted...

And it isn't like Sully is bad. She's pretty good, actually, just not in the way Timid Taguel said. And if you really have a hard on for a flier, Cordelia is a thing too...

It kinda does sound like I have a hard on for Sully, doesn't it? But I do think she's good. She's not Robin tier, but she's a good unit to use for lunatic. I by no means said Sumia was bad. I'm using her in my current lunatic run right now. She's just hard to get going. Sully is easier to get going, has more marriage options, and her child is easier to recruit.

All I'm saying is that Sully has options, whereas Sumia's are more limited. Most of the options Sumia has, though, are good. I'm about to Master Seal her right now. If I wanted to get Cynthia right now, she'd be getting a free Luna from Fred. I'm not trying to pick fights with anyone. I'm just saying that if I had to choose between Sumia and Sully for a lunatic run, I'd pick Sully.
"What should I put here? Guess I'll just have to ask the voices in my head..."

ChickenWings
3 months ago#45
If you have a hard time getting Sumia going, I highly recommend giving her the Renown Searph Robe. Her HP is her biggest obstacle to training her well.

I'm doing Lunatic+, low Renown, and the 5 HP difference would have helped Sumia be higher leveled than she is right now... >.>
Nyah.

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
3 months ago#46
The point is, Sumia is NOT hard to get going at all, since part 2 of C3 is a feed section.
She's prior to C3.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

ChickenWings
3 months ago#47
Though it's partly because I trained up Miriel.
Nyah.

User Info: Timid_Taguel

Timid_Taguel
3 months ago#48
ChickenWings posted...
If you have a hard time getting Sumia going, I highly recommend giving her the Renown Searph Robe. Her HP is her biggest obstacle to training her well.

I'm doing Lunatic+, low Renown, and the 5 HP difference would have helped Sumia be higher leveled than she is right now... >.>

True. At least promoting seems to have patched up her HP a bit for me. 38 HP as a DF.
"What should I put here? Guess I'll just have to ask the voices in my head..."
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Chrom got stuck with Sully...
  • Post New Message