• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Chrom got stuck with Sully...

User Info: Aganar

Aganar
3 months ago#1
The guide I was using failed to provide any kind of warning that Chrom would marry at the end of the chapter, so, Sully happened to be his highest at the time (although I was trying to build up Sumia, but she kept being on other end of the map due to being a Peg Knight).

So what can I do to make the most of the pairing?
http://www.last.fm/user/Aganar

User Info: _Kalecgos_

_Kalecgos_
3 months ago#2
Reset and plan better. >.>
The Self-Proclaimed Official Simon Blackquill of GameFAQs.
If you disagree, then sorry I'm not sorry.

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
3 months ago#3
Restart

Also, "Other side of the map because class" is no excuse in this game. Pair up should be at 100% usage in most every case.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Butthead24

Butthead24
3 months ago#4
Same thing happened to me on my first play through. That was my learning experience though and I made sure to make the best pairs for my other elite units.
PSN:Clockwork7/ggot_camper

User Info: Aganar

Aganar
3 months ago#5
Sheesh, not even an attempt to salvage it?

Fine, you bums win. I went back to an earlier save. Only lost about an hour or so.

Now I just have to hope I have enough Reeking Boxes to get Chrom-Sumia to an S before I attempt the chapter again. There are no Anna's on the map at the moment.
http://www.last.fm/user/Aganar

User Info: Japeyk

Japeyk
3 months ago#6
Chrom Sumia sux, Chrom Olivia is best.
Cynthia sux, Inigo is best.
0576-4855-6390 - 3DS FC

Airship_Canon
3 months ago#7
Aganar posted...
Sheesh, not even an attempt to salvage it?

Fine, you bums win. I went back to an earlier save. Only lost about an hour or so.

Now I just have to hope I have enough Reeking Boxes to get Chrom-Sumia to an S before I attempt the chapter again. There are no Anna's on the map at the moment.

Chrom/Sully is turbogarbage, and legit the worst pairing you can make in the game, gameplaywise. You ruin two units for the price of one, and you completely waste Chrom's 70% base DStr Rate on lolSully.

Mechanically:

Sumia just needs to match support rank with Sully to outdo her.

Maiden requires all below less than 50% to C.
Below that, a candidate is ineligible.

Above that, only Ranks and priority count.
Olivia > Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > RobinF

Rank > Priority.
Points within ranks don't matter.

Since Sumia has priority on Sully, Sumia only needs to have the same Support RANK as her.
If they're Both A, he picks Sumia at C11.
If Sumia's at B and Sully's at A, you get stuck with what you got.
But as long as they're even or Sumia is higher, you get the better outcome.

On a related note: Olivia is actually easy, it's literally "Do not push buttons", since you're in 100% control of when they get ranks [viewed conversation], and she's highest priority, once cleared of Maiden.

You can have Chrom paired with Sumia the entire f***ing game up until C11, and then get the 2 paired fights needed to breach the maiden threshold with Olivia, and then boom, Chrom/Olivia as long as you don't view that C support.

Females are immune to death, and therefore, you can't stop a pairing with Chrom that you don't want via a Uriah Gambit. If you get Chrom/Sumia C support, you can't get Chrom/Maiden or Chrom/Olivia by having Sumia die. All that will do is put you out of a unit, and waste Chrom's S rank, and probably gimp Lucina and Cynthia. [Though you can get back to Maiden or Olivia by marrying Sumia to Frederick, as an example].

All couples take 7 or 8 maps to get to S rank.

User Info: qwq_qweqq

qwq_qweqq
3 months ago#8
Aganar posted...

Reeking Boxes are buyable from the Longfort map.

Airship_Canon posted...
Chrom/Sully is turbogarbage, and legit the worst pairing you can make in the game, gameplaywise. You ruin two units for the price of one, and you completely waste Chrom's 70% base DStr Rate on lolSully.

It's worth noting that Chrom x Sully is considered high-tier for the purposes of running through the game (quickly and with no grinding, usually) itself up to the final boss. Sully's a high-tier Cav unit with good growths and will pass a solid chunk of stats to Lucina. It's still not really Sumia-tier of greatness, but it's pretty good, and better than the likes of Maribelle (magic mother on physical girl) and Olivia (has no base stats).

Where the pairing falters is, well, if you care at all about the long-term potential of Lucina and Kjelle (beyond just "I killed the final boss"). Especially in Apotheosis, where Galeforce mothers Maribelle and Olivia pull ahead.
(edited 3 months ago)

Airship_Canon
3 months ago#9
qwq_qweqq posted...

It's worth noting that Chrom x Sully is considered high-tier for the purposes of running through the game

Maybe on Normal, but above that, nope.
Dark Flier actually is used for being Flying Mage, and offer WAY MORE on that merit alone than Sully's offerings.

qwq_qweqq posted...
Maribelle (magic mother on physical girl)

Luci's actually pretty neutral, she's more of a Speed Girl than anything else.
Second Seals are a thing to be used.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
3 months ago#10
Japeyk posted...
Chrom Sumia sux, Chrom Olivia is best.
Cynthia sux, Inigo is best.

lolno. Aether!Cynthia > RightfulKing!Inigo (or Morgan or Brady). Sumia is the way to go.

Airship_Canon posted...
Olivia > Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > RobinF

Not entirely accurate. Sumia has the highest priority with Chrom. From a post I made a while back:

I made sure to enter Chapter 11 where Chrom had no supports or even support points with his potential wives. Just to make sure, I beat the map without Chrom getting any support points, and he married the maiden. Then, I reset, and made sure that Chrom had ONLY one battle with Sumia, Olivia, and F!Robin paired up with him, just so everyone would get an equal support with him. Lo and behold, cutscene with Sumia marriage happened.

However, if you have Chrom get two points with Olivia instead of one, that is when she will become the highest priority (as long as the other potential wives don't have a C support with Chrom). So, if tied at one support point, Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > F!Robin >= Olivia. If tied at two or more, it's Olivia > Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > F!Robin.
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Chrom got stuck with Sully...
  • Post New Message