• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Morgan <-> Validar dialogue in Chapter 23

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
7 months ago#1
Validar makes one last effort to sway Robin. Standard. Validar razzes Lucina. Standard. Validar is utterly oblivious to his definitely-not-of-Grimleal-stock grandchild.

Not so standard.

In ‘Cold Tea’, a most excellent Robcina fanfic by dualbloodlines, we see Validar glean that Morgan is of the Exalted bloodline, which causes him to throw a hissy fit. Suppose this was built upon, and Validar and Morgan had dialogue in Chapter 23. Would there be just one exchange, or would there be an alternate version if Morgan had an Exalted parent? Chrom, Lissa, Lucina, Owain, and possibly Lucina’s possible siblings? So, I leave it to you guys. If you were to write Validar and Morgan engage in some verbal fencing, what would they say? Please let me know, and thanks in advance to anyone who participates.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." --George S. Patton

User Info: rrobin

rrobin
7 months ago#2
Can I get the link to the Robcina fanfic? I can't find it anywhere for some reason.
And the Validar that summons Grima later on is the Validar from the future since the current-timeline is killed in Emmeryn's assassination attempt, right? Just gotta confirm that.
Official husbando of M!Robin. Sometimes my tiredness may get the best of me.
Fates MC: 11398-15430-92449-01105 (Eur/Aus)/Heroes: 7962740165

falchion1984
7 months ago#3
rrobin posted...
Can I get the link to the Robcina fanfic? I can't find it anywhere for some reason.
And the Validar that summons Grima later on is the Validar from the future since the current-timeline is killed in Emmeryn's assassination attempt, right? Just gotta confirm that.

Here is the link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10942632/1/Cold-Tea

And...I'm honestly not sure. I got the impression that Validar limped away from that but lived through it. I can picture f!Morgan ribbing her "evil grandpa" quite a bit. Aside from giving him fits with that nickname, probably adding that getting so worked up is probably bad for him at his age. Blood pressure and all. It's less clear what m!Morgan would say, though. I only got him to complete the support log and haven't studied him much. What do you think?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." --George S. Patton

User Info: rrobin

rrobin
7 months ago#4
falchion1984 posted...
rrobin posted...

Here is the link:

And...I'm honestly not sure. I got the impression that Validar limped away from that but lived through it. I can picture f!Morgan ribbing her "evil grandpa" quite a bit. Aside from giving him fits with that nickname, probably adding that getting so worked up is probably bad for him at his age. Blood pressure and all. It's less clear what m!Morgan would say, though. I only got him to complete the support log and haven't studied him much. What do you think?

Oh yeah, he was probably taken under Grima's wing, healed, and given knowledge of how things unfolded in Grima!Robin's timeline.
If I'm not mistaken, the only way that Morgan could converse with Validar was once Chrom and Robin kicked his ass initially and the barrier shattered: in other words, in the middle of a life-and-death situation. But hey, these types of conversations are pretty common in this game, and we can assume that "the Plegians have been defeated and everyone is closing in on Validar, but Validar senses something strange from Morgan". Is that fine? It'd be cool writing practice for me.
And to answer your question... I'm not really familiar with M!Morgan either, lol. But I guess he'd be more serious about it.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out soon.
I don't have the time now, but I'll try and write my take on the encounter later today. Do you mind if I use M!Robin and Lucina!F!Morgan, along with some hints at the 'Twin Morgan theory' (aka my favorite theory in all of Fire Emblem)? Also, what do you think about the theory? Is it interesting to you?
Official husbando of M!Robin. Sometimes my tiredness may get the best of me.
Fates MC: 11398-15430-92449-01105 (Eur/Aus)/Heroes: 7962740165

falchion1984
7 months ago#5
rrobin posted...
falchion1984 posted...
rrobin posted...

Here is the link:

Oh yeah, he was probably taken under Grima's wing, healed, and given knowledge of how things unfolded in Grima!Robin's timeline.
If I'm not mistaken, the only way that Morgan could converse with Validar was once Chrom and Robin kicked his ass initially and the barrier shattered: in other words, in the middle of a life-and-death situation. But hey, these types of conversations are pretty common in this game, and we can assume that "the Plegians have been defeated and everyone is closing in on Validar, but Validar senses something strange from Morgan". Is that fine? It'd be cool writing practice for me.
And to answer your question... I'm not really familiar with M!Morgan either, lol. But I guess he'd be more serious about it.
I don't have the time now, but I'll try and write my take on the encounter later today. Do you mind if I use M!Robin and Lucina!F!Morgan, along with some hints at the 'Twin Morgan theory' (aka my favorite theory in all of Fire Emblem)? Also, what do you think about the theory? Is it interesting to you?

I find that theory very interesting, please use it. Wonder which will try to goad Validar into a mistake by poking fun at his receding hairline.

falchion1984
7 months ago#6
falchion1984 posted...
rrobin posted...
falchion1984 posted...
rrobin posted...

Here is the link:

I find that theory very interesting, please use it. Wonder which will try to goad Validar into a mistake by poking fun at his receding hairline. Also, this might fit best if Morgan was related to the Exalted line, but it would seem plausible that that would make Validar furious. Or, maybe he hints at some sinister use for Morgan in the future, as s nod to The Future Past? Could be interesting. Either way,?i look forward to seeing what you come up with, and thanks.

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
7 months ago#7
Interesting....
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
https://i.imgur.com/78v9AxX.png https://i.imgur.com/1GEFq8L.png it's now a thing.

falchion1984
7 months ago#8
goodJT posted...
Interesting....

If you’re interested in participating, your input would be appreciated. What do you think Morgan and Validar would say to each other?

User Info: Huff n puff 20

Huff n puff 20
7 months ago#9
On that Validar lives thing, the Validar fought on chapter 6 is killed- outright dead. He is revived by Grima because Grima needs him.

Personally, I don't think Validar and Morgan would have much to say. He'd probably just say "You shouldn't exist!" or something along those lines, with Morgan replying that (grand)parents should love their children. It's one of those cases where it seems like there would be potential for them to rib at each other, but there really actually isn't. At least not with what we have in the actual game. Morgan really wouldn't be able to become Grima or any of that- that's something specific to Robin and Robin alone. Morgan? Won't have the blood for it, especially not with an Exalted parent, like Lucina.

Cold Tea did have to invent quite a bit and does some very dubious things in regards to the canon to get what it got. Though, Cold Tea is legendary- and holy s*** the Morgan backstory chapter [IIRC, it's 23] is amazing.
Imperial Force, Defied! Facing 500 Samurai! Surrounded and outnumbered, 60 to 1 the sword face the gun! Bushido dignified! It's the last stand of the samurai!

falchion1984
7 months ago#10
Huff n puff 20 posted...
On that Validar lives thing, the Validar fought on chapter 6 is killed- outright dead. He is revived by Grima because Grima needs him.

Personally, I don't think Validar and Morgan would have much to say. He'd probably just say "You shouldn't exist!" or something along those lines, with Morgan replying that (grand)parents should love their children. It's one of those cases where it seems like there would be potential for them to rib at each other, but there really actually isn't. At least not with what we have in the actual game. Morgan really wouldn't be able to become Grima or any of that- that's something specific to Robin and Robin alone. Morgan? Won't have the blood for it, especially not with an Exalted parent, like Lucina.

Cold Tea did have to invent quite a bit and does some very dubious things in regards to the canon to get what it got. Though, Cold Tea is legendary- and holy s*** the Morgan backstory chapter [IIRC, it's 23] is amazing.

I’ll admit, I hadn’t expected this. In fact, given that you encounter both Morgans as enemies in The Future Past, I’d think that Morgan’s blood would prove useable to Validar and Grima. Still, thanks for weighing in.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Morgan <-> Validar dialogue in Chapter 23
  • Topic Archived