• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. I thought Lunatic Mode was easy after CH4...

User Info: wolfram127

wolfram127
7 months ago#1
And then I saw the Risen in the skirmeshes. All of them are on steroids.
How on Earth can players actually do a no grind dlc or them "relaying on skirmeshes"to grind?

I also noticed that in Lunatic mode, its only the number of enemies that changed. You can remove the fun in it if you grind too much.
FC 3239 3613 0819 | IGN Kryztyn (X, OR, Sun) , Daeron (Y), Wolfram (Moon) | GMT + 8
Events: http://tinyurl.com/events-kr

User Info: Shadowstalker7

Shadowstalker7
7 months ago#2
It's that way to discourage fighting the random Risen spawns. There's been no-grind runs made around taking those on for the challenge of it, but I would recommend against trying it in any normal run.

It's not necessarily going to be easy after C4. In fact, some of the toughest chapters if you're not grinding are in the 5-7 range (then it gets a bit easier from there because story enemy scaling slows down a lot). That said, people tend to get through no-grind and without DLC the same way they get through other FE games: juggernauting. As you've observed, it's easy to just get overpowered if you grind. Well, on a lower scale, thanks to infinite counterattacks and the simple formulae of Fire Emblem, investing all EXP into 1-3 strong units makes it so you quickly outrun the enemy start curve (Robin is very adept at this thanks to Veteran. Paragon is super broken in other installments when it comes early enough for the same reason and despite being nerfed, even Nobility makes Corrin pretty dumb). Get far enough ahead of the curve and then the unit will be borderline unkillable, with the EXP income from sweeping large amounts of enemies only serving to keep them ahead of the curve. This is especially exacerbated by extremely safe, but widely available stuff like buyable Nosferatu or Rescue.

Even a full deploy run can use a similar principle. Feed one unit until it's nearly unkillable, then use that unit to springboard other units by making their engagements completely safe. An easy early example is super Robin holding the front while Fred pulls choice enemies off to the side, simultaneously maiming them so that the other Shepherds can feast.

wolfram127
7 months ago#3
Even a full deploy run can use a similar principle. Feed one unit until it's nearly unkillable, then use that unit to springboard other units by making their engagements completely safe. An easy early example is super Robin holding the front while Fred pulls choice enemies off to the side, simultaneously maiming them so that the other Shepherds can feast.

Basically the tactics on the first four chapters.
FC 3239 3613 0819 | IGN Kryztyn (X, OR, Sun) , Daeron (Y), Wolfram (Moon) | GMT + 8

Shadowstalker7
7 months ago#4
Yes, but easier. In the first four chapters, you're needing to train Robin with Fred as the only real competent frontliner. Unless you get really lucky on level ups for Robin, this means things moving at a much more frantic pace. Once Robin is running, Robin can keep the area safe while Fred spoonfeeds the other units.

User Info: ChickenWings

ChickenWings
6 months ago#5
Chapter 5 and 6 are disasters if someone not Freddy (Avatar is the nest choice) isn't trained.

Chapter 7 is hella easy if you have someone who uses swords on a mountain tile. Just have Freddy or someone remove any non axe users.
Nyah.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
6 months ago#6
After Chapter 4 Robin can reclass to Dark Mage and use Nosferatu.

Yes, you're right that Lunatic is easy after Chapter 4, but you apparently didn't figure out why~.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: NimbusSkye

NimbusSkye
6 months ago#7
Risen are the better option for grinding if your team is strong enough, otherwise you'll have to rely on Spotpass teams that give 1 exp per kill if you're that desperate.
3DS FC: 1221-0399-7115
FE Fates My Castle ID: 12097-00776-95917-49127

wolfram127
6 months ago#8
Endgame posted...
After Chapter 4 Robin can reclass to Dark Mage and use Nosferatu.

Yes, you're right that Lunatic is easy after Chapter 4, but you apparently didn't figure out why~.

It was my first game and first time choosing Lunatic. I do remember stating in my first post that it became trivial once you overgrind.

Shadowstalker7
6 months ago#9
It's completely possible to get to Endgame's build after C4 without grinding. It requires a very optimized route that sees Robin at level 18-19 by the end of C4, though (Prologue water walking is the big early boost that can get Robin to level 7-8). On top of that, one needs to either get an Anna shop that sells a Second Seal or dip into Renown for the guaranteed one. That gets you to Dark Mage, anyway. To abuse Nos this early, you have to buy it from Spotpass shops (otherwise, you can't get it until you beat C13, barring stealing Tharja's copy from her).

Granted, on vanilla Lunatic, you absolutely do not need Nos. Taking that optimized route will almost always (there's still technically a small chance to get many consecutive level ups way below average...) get Robin so far ahead of the curve that you can largely just throw Robin into the middle of the enemy and end turn. As long as you can provide the Second Seals for extra level ups, Veteran will keep Robin far, far above the enemy's stat curve until around C22, where a little more care (or equipping Nos) may be required. Of course, this Robin route being overkill is expected, since it was conceived to consistently take down Lunatic+.

User Info: Timid_Taguel

Timid_Taguel
3 months ago#10
It's all about spreading EXP evenly among your units after chapter 3. Fred can carry all the way through to chapter 4, but other units need EXP too and Fred will fall off no matter what you do unless you're grinding. Find a way to get some experience onto a dedicated handful of units and stick with them. Fred can't do it alone.
"What should I put here? Guess I'll just have to ask the voices in my head..."
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. I thought Lunatic Mode was easy after CH4...
  • Post New Message