Here's a little spread of pairings in their starting promoted classes, opinions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Here's a little spread of pairings in their starting promoted classes, opinions?

User Info: Paraclox

Paraclox
6 months ago#1
Rallyman 0.9
Chrom!mMorgan - ??? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Rally Spectrum, Heart, Strength, Magic, Speed

Lead Kids:
fMU!Lucina - Great Lord -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Aether/Dual Guard+, Luna, Lancefaire, Dual Strike+, Galeforce
Frederick!Cynthia - Falcon Knight -=-=- Luna, Lancefaire, Galeforce, Aegis, Lancebreaker
Lon'qu!Severa - Hero -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Vengeance, Swordfaire, Galeforce, Anathemia, Armsthrift
Ricken!Owain - Swordmaster -=-=-=-=- Luna, Lethality, Swordfaire, Galeforce, Lifetaker
Libra!Inigo - Hero -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Vengeance, Swordfaire, Axefaire, Galeforce, Wrath
Henry!Brady - War Monk -=-=-=-=-=-=- Luna, Lethality, Axefaire, Galeforce, Lifetaker

Support Kids:
Gregor!Kjelle - General -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Dual Guard+, Axefaire, Armsthrift, Axebreaker, Renewal
Gaius!Noire - Bow Knight -=-=-=-=-=-=- Dual Guard+, Bowfaire, Swordfaire, Tomebreaker, Counter
Donnel!Nah - Manakete -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Wyrmsbane, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Swordbreaker, Renewal
Vaike!Gerome - Wyvern Lord -=-=-=-=- Axefaire, Swordbreaker, Axebreaker, Lancebreaker, Renewal
Stahl!Yarne - Taguel -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Beastbane, Dual Guard+, Lancebreaker, Bowbreaker, Even Rhythm
Virion!Laurent - Sage -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Tomefaire, Swordbreaker, Axebreaker, Lancebreaker, Renewal

Not sure which Support I'm gonna put to which Lead yet, but I'm kinda happy about this setup.
I went +Def -HP, worked well despite having worse HP than Maribelle most of the game. Final chapter's starting cutscene looks delightful when you play half the game with half the roster abusing Vengeance, almost a shame you get healed, almost.

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
6 months ago#2
Paraclox posted...

Chrom!mMorgan - ??? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Rally Spectrum, Heart, Strength, Magic, Speed

Well beyond the fact that you can't pass Rally Heart, this is a hilariously bad idea in general such a waste.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
6 months ago#3
Morgan as a rally bot.
Four units using Dual Guard+.

Get out of here.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

Paraclox
5 months ago#4
zhellybelly posted...
Morgan as a rally bot.
Four units using Dual Guard+.

Get out of here.

Rather than getting out of here, I'd like to ask, why not four Dual Guard+? I figure if they're gonna be backpacks, they may as well ensure as little damage occurs to their leader as possible.

And from what I gather, Robin makes a good rallybot, and though I know Morgan could do quite literally any/everything, I can only really get Rally Spectrum three times per game, so why not make both rallybots to spread the buffs?
@Airship_Canon ah shoot you're right, guess I'll go Rally Spec/Str/Mag/Def/Mov.

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
5 months ago#5
Paraclox posted...
Rather than getting out of here, I'd like to ask, why not four Dual Guard+? I figure if they're gonna be backpacks, they may as well ensure as little damage occurs to their leader as possible.

Dual Guard+ is only good for units who are attacked a lot. But if you're getting attacked a lot, you're doing something wrong. You're better off equipping Str+2, Mag+2, Aggressor, AllStats+2, or Skill+2, or any other passive skill that enhances the rear unit.

TLDR: Don't tank; kill.

Paraclox posted...
And from what I gather, Robin makes a good rallybot, and though I know Morgan could do quite literally any/everything, I can only really get Rally Spectrum three times per game, so why not make both rallybots to spread the buffs?

Morgan, no matter who the parent is, will probably always be your best fighter. Don't make your best fighter a useless Rally bot.
And more importantly, don't bother with two Rally bots that have the same rallies. There are 10 available Rallies in the game (DLC included), so you either have 5 different ones on two characters, or you have 1 Rally bot with the most essential Rallies.
The essential Rallies are the offensive ones: Spectrum, Heart, Speed, Strength/Magic, Skill, Movement. Somewhat in that order.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

Paraclox
5 months ago#6
You've been quite helpful, so thanks a lot! I might follow up with an improved spread later this week.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Here's a little spread of pairings in their starting promoted classes, opinions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived