How do these marriages sound?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How do these marriages sound?

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
4 months ago#1
I used the chart in the Parenting FAQ to make this list. I basically just paired up the ones that had the highest ratings with each other by process of elimination. I'm trying not to worry too much about this aspect of the game, but I've probably already gone off the deep end!

Chrom/Robin
Donnel/Sully (or Tharja)
Frederick/Cordelia
Gaius/Tharja (or Sully)
Gregory/Miriel
Henry/Sumia
Kellam/Panne
Libra/Olivia
Lon'qu/Maribelle
Ricken/Lissa
Stahl/Cherche
Vaike/Nowi
Virion/there wasn't another female listed! :(

So I basically have no idea what any of this means. I just made the list based on the chart because I figured I might as well try to have a plan so as not to screw up the marriages when they happen.

Thoughts?

User Info: cramp22

cramp22
4 months ago#2
If you're just looking to have the most OP kids later in the game, I recommend giving this guide a read.

[wouldnt let me post the link because it's too long, but just google "Special Guide for Marriage and Children in Fire Emblem Awakening For Best Skills" and it's the aminoapps.com one]

If we're just talking about sweet Romances though, I enjoyed Robin x Lucina, Frederick x Sumia, Stahl x Cherche, and Sully x Donnel. Robin x Cordelia is really sweet too, but I ended up liking him and Lucina more in the long run. Also, Frederick x Cordelia is sorta recognized as the worst romance in the game, so I probably wouldn't recommend going that route, but at the end of the day it's just a matter of personal preference haha.

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
4 months ago#3
cramp22 posted...
"Special Guide for Marriage and Children in Fire Emblem Awakening For Best Skills" and it's the aminoapps.com one

That guide sucks. It's pretty bad, I mean, any guide that has "Keep Owain as a Sword user" in it, is flawed.
But it had a lot of questionable and perhaps very old [before the theorycraft bulk was done] suggestions. It doesn't grasp the ideas behind optimizing, and while it gets a couple solids, a broken clock is right twice a day after all.

I mean who legit argues Virion!Gerome is good. Nice pairing, sure, but s***ty results all the same.
Or Kellam!Kjelle- that's a host of bad ideas.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
4 months ago#4
JohnJSal posted...
I used the chart in the Parenting FAQ to make this list. I basically just paired up the ones that had the highest ratings with each other by process of elimination. I'm trying not to worry too much about this aspect of the game, but I've probably already gone off the deep end!

Chrom/Robin
Donnel/Sully (or Tharja)
Frederick/Cordelia
Gaius/Tharja (or Sully)
Gregory/Miriel
Henry/Sumia
Kellam/Panne
Libra/Olivia
Lon'qu/Maribelle
Ricken/Lissa
Stahl/Cherche
Vaike/Nowi
Virion/there wasn't another female listed! :(

So I basically have no idea what any of this means. I just made the list based on the chart because I figured I might as well try to have a plan so as not to screw up the marriages when they happen.

Thoughts?

If it isn't even that important to you, just maximize Galeforce and Luna.

Chrom x Robin is great, because Lucina and Morgan will have all they need ("need" = Galeforce, Luna, Weaponfaire).

Gaius x Sully is better than Donnel x Sully, because of the Speed modifier.

Always bench Kellam.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

JohnJSal
4 months ago#5
zhellybelly posted...

Chrom x Robin is great, because Lucina and Morgan will have all they need ("need" = Galeforce, Luna, Weaponfaire).

I know Robin can pass on Galeforce, but how do the children get Luna and Weaponfaire? Doesn't Chrom always pass on the same skill regardless of how you order them? Do they just need to learn those two on their own?

User Info: Adinseed

Adinseed
4 months ago#6
Yeah, they learn them on their own. Because they are children of the avatar, they get nearly all the classes and the skills with them.
Through Fire, Justice is Served! - Lunar (Mischief Makers)

zhellybelly
4 months ago#7
JohnJSal posted...
zhellybelly posted...

I know Robin can pass on Galeforce, but how do the children get Luna and Weaponfaire? Doesn't Chrom always pass on the same skill regardless of how you order them? Do they just need to learn those two on their own?

Yes, the main purpose of pairing units is for the class pool (and thus skill pool) available to the child.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

User Info: XylonTheManaket

XylonTheManaket
4 months ago#8
The parenting FAQ is so full of s*** it may as well be a McDonalds septic tank. Anything that says ChromxRobin is good for anything other than Nosferatank speed run shenanigans (And even then that's only "good" because you can't bench Chrom and S rank gives bonuses over a mere A rank.) knows nothing about anything.

No, seriously. Modifiers are the only thing that matter to Morgan since his class selection is covered by default. And Chrom has the second worst modifiers of all his possible fathers. Never mind that it's inherently stupid to marry first generation at all.

HERE are the absolute optimal pairings that have been calculated and determined years ago:

ChromxSumia
HenryxMaribelle
LibraxOlivia
RickenxLissa
DonnelxSully
CordeliaxLon'qu
VaikexCherche
GregorxPanne
VirionxMiriel
GaiusxTharja
KellamxNowi
+Mag -Def FeMUxOwain

Sage for male, Dark Flier for females. They pair up with each other.

Limit Break, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Vengeance/Luna, Aggressor for males, All Stats +2 for females, Dual Strike+ for Lucina.

However, for Severa:
Hero
Limit Break, Galeforce, Vengeance, Lancebreaker, Avoid +10 (100% dodge rate against all lance users, including Anna!)

And her partner Gerome:
Berserker
Limit Break, Axefaire, Dual Support+, All Stats +2, Strength +2 (He is pure support, so he does not need an activation skill and Strength +2 maximizes his damage.)

Use DLC/Spotpass characters as Falcon Knights for Rallybots and Rescue Staff utility.

Give Laurent Valflame and make him a Staffbot if you have the room.

Kjelle, Nah, and Yarne are..... pretty much worthless.
I am fire. I am... death. -Smaug

zhellybelly
4 months ago#9
XylonTheManaket posted...
HERE are the absolute optimal pairings that have been calculated and determined years ago:

Optimal for what.

JohnJSal
4 months ago#10
XylonTheManaket posted...
Anything that says ChromxRobin is good for anything other than Nosferatank speed run shenanigans (And even then that's only "good" because you can't bench Chrom and S rank gives bonuses over a mere A rank.) knows nothing about anything.

::sigh::

That's all I need to hear! Oh well, I still plan to do it because I'm tired of thinking about the game without actually PLAYING it, and I think this marriage would be interesting storywise anyway. I'm not trying to make the perfect set of anything on Lunatic/Classic or something like that. I just want to play the game and see how it goes from there. If I get really into it, then maybe I'll replay it with more of an eye to all these details.

And yes, I know I brought this up myself by asking about the best marriage pairings, so I'm not trying to say that you are bringing up anything more than what I asked about myself, but I think maybe it's time I just play the game and have fun! :)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How do these marriages sound?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived