How is this plan for Robin?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How is this plan for Robin?

User Info: JohnJSal

JohnJSal
6 months ago#1
I've been reading some more information and suggestions, and I'm beginning to absorb the game mechanics a bit more. I think I've come up with a plan, but I have one question first: when I see people listing specific class paths that they used, I'm wondering if they are leaving out some classes, or if there is a way to skip certain classes. For example, one path I saw was this:

Tactician 10 > Grandmaster 15 > Dark Flier 15 > Sorcerer

My question is, can you go straight to Dark Flier like that, or is Pegasus Knight required? I don't know why they'd mention Tactician before GM, but then leave out PK. Same question for Sorcerer/Dark Mage...

Anyway, depending on the answer to these questions, I'm thinking of doing something similar and ending up a magic user as a Sorcerer. Is that the best magic user class? I'm also planning to be female and marry Chrom.

Is the above a good path? If I do have to do PK and DM first, then how long will it take before I'm a Sorcerer? I don't want the game to end before I even get to the end of my plan! :) DF is for Galeforce anyway, so I'm wondering if all that time as PK/DF is worth it just for that skill.

It's nice having a plan going into the game, but I still shudder to think about doing this for every other character! I know they only have three classes to pick from, but it still seems like a lot to consider, and on top of that, figuring out who should marry who!

In fact, I'm thinking I may just completely ignore the marriage aspect and let it happen as it happens (or not). I'll at least have some say with Chrom, since I plan to marry him, but as for the rest, it seems like way too much work that I wouldn't actually enjoy just playing the game.

I'll be using Normal difficulty, so I'm guessing I won't need super powerful children running around anyway, right? I imagine the basic cast of characters will get me through the game.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edit: Just in case I change my mind again and decide to go for a balanced approach rather than all magic, is it easy enough to handle both physical and magical damage? I don't usually like to split my focus between them in games, because I feel like I won't be as strong as if I had just picked one or the other. But if Robin is by default a Tactician/Grandmaster, then that would feel "right" for that character.

I'm trying to decide between Magic/Luck or Speed/Luck as the asset/flaw. Not sure about Strength as a flaw. Even if I go pure magic, is Speed better as an asset?

User Info: XylonTheManaket

XylonTheManaket
6 months ago#2
It's better to go Tactician -> Dark Mage -> Sorcerer, clear through the main game, then worry about lolGaleforce.

Or if you're not getting Apotheosis, Dark Mage/Sorcerer is all she ever needs. Nosferatanking destroys everything.

I'm also planning to be female and marry Chrom.

Yeah..... I certainly hope you're just going to rush through the main game. That's the ONLY time marrying Chrom is a good idea.
I am fire. I am... death. -Smaug

User Info: tsukue

tsukue
6 months ago#3
JohnJSal posted...
My question is, can you go straight to Dark Flier like that, or is Pegasus Knight required? I don't know why they'd mention Tactician before GM, but then leave out PK. Same question for Sorcerer/Dark Mage...

Basically, when you second seal (SS) a promoted class, you will go down to unpromoted ones, but if your promoted class is level 10 or higher, when you SS you have unpromoted and other promoted class as well. So for your question, yes you can go straight to DF from level 10+ GM and then go straight to Sorcerer if DF level 10+.

The problem is, you likely never reach that unless you heavy grinding. My suggest is doing that after you beat the game first.
Official canon husbando Shiburin from Im@sCG
MyCastle: 06310-01065-75466-18779 PSN: aku_gundam

JohnJSal
6 months ago#4
tsukue posted...

The problem is, you likely never reach that unless you heavy grinding. My suggest is doing that after you beat the game first.

Thanks! I definitely needed to know that!

JohnJSal
6 months ago#5
XylonTheManaket posted...

Yeah..... I certainly hope you're just going to rush through the main game. That's the ONLY time marrying Chrom is a good idea.

Why is that? I've read that this is a good marriage combination.

Currently, my only interest IS to just play the main game (but not rush through it). If I get into it more, I may become obsessed with all the details of marriage and children.

User Info: Shadowstalker7

Shadowstalker7
6 months ago#6
tsukue posted...

This is not true at all. My Robin routinely goes Tact > Dark Mage > Sorc > Dark Flier > Hero > Dark Knight without ever needing to grind. Veteran is just that ridiculous. However, for units other than Robin or her kids, expect to only get to do Tier 1 > Tier 2 > Tier 2.

JohnJSal posted...
XylonTheManaket posted...

Why is that? I've read that this is a good marriage combination.

Currently, my only interest IS to just play the main game (but not rush through it). If I get into it more, I may become obsessed with all the details of marriage and children.

It's a good idea. Very powerful during the main game and, while not super min-maxed, also fully capable of rolling Apotheosis. People get real scared of it because of the high stats and skill combos and think they need to bring some sort of super third-gen Morgan married to Lucina, but the fact of the matter is that everything in there is fixed, so even unoptimized, DLC-less marriages and kids, with some finagling, can work out a viable strategy.

As for your class path, it should work pretty well.

JohnJSal
6 months ago#7
Thank you. I don't know what Apotheosis is, but I guess it's an endgame thing. Like I said, unless I happen to get super into the game, I'm probably just going to play the main game and stop. Probably for that I'm already obsessing too much, since it doesn't sound too difficult according to most people.

But that's just how I am. Even without a big focus on endgame content or even a harder difficulty, I like to know what I'm doing and have a decent plan to make strong characters, even if it's overkill.

Again, I'll probably ignore the marriage stuff for the most part, because that sounds like a little TOO much overkill for me, but I figured making Robin female to marry Chrom (and have Galeforce?) would be a good way to try it out and also to tie the two main characters together. And since Chrom is forced to marry anyway, at least I'll have some control over it without having to worry too much about some other character.

JohnJSal
6 months ago#8
Shadowstalker7 posted...

As for your class path, it should work pretty well.

Thanks. Probably I'll do DM/Sorcerer first then, before I mess with DF, just in case I find it strong enough to play the game without spending the time getting Galeforce.

Quick question: if I change classes and then come back to that class later, does the game remember my level, or does it start over at 1?

Specifically, if I get to Sorcerer 15 and then reclass to DF, can I return to Sorcerer at 15?

Thanks!

User Info: Shadowstalker7

Shadowstalker7
6 months ago#9
Apotheosis is the final DLC map and features enemies with optimized skill sets and stats that go well above the caps of player units who don't have their own optimization and Limit Breaker (basically a DLC pay-to-win skill that increases all stat caps by 10). It's the essentially the endgame of the postgame.

Marriages are worth doing just because it gets your units bonuses to stats when paired up. Well, more specifically, supports are worth doing, so if you do some same-gender or sibling buddy-buddy, that works nearly as well. You can do all that and just ignore the kids if you want. A lot of them are a hassle who are usually only reasonably recruitable late in the game.

The game doesn't remember your level. Sealing always goes back to 1. It's not a great situation if you, say, reclassed at 10 and then realize later you actually want that level-15 skill from the class you left, but on the other hand, it gives you 19 more potential levels with which to increase your stats.

User Info: tsukue

tsukue
6 months ago#10
Shadowstalker7 posted...
This is not true at all. My Robin routinely goes Tact > Dark Mage > Sorc > Dark Flier > Hero > Dark Knight without ever needing to grind. Veteran is just that ridiculous. However, for units other than Robin or her kids, expect to only get to do Tier 1 > Tier 2 > Tier 2.

TC said s/he will playing on Normal difficulties, with less enemies. Unless s/he only focus on Robin/Chrom i did not think it would happen.
Its not like Lunatic where they stronger and have more enemies, but i never play on Normal so its possible im mistake.
Official canon husbando Shiburin from Im@sCG
MyCastle: 06310-01065-75466-18779 PSN: aku_gundam
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. How is this plan for Robin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived