spell/skill variety

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. spell/skill variety

User Info: Sharebear420

Sharebear420
4 months ago#1
is it just me or is there not much variety in terms of skills and mostly spells?

no ice magic for one thing and the magic that you do get seems limited in variety. Maybe i'm just use to the many options of FF tactics and tactics ogre

User Info: XylonTheManaket

XylonTheManaket
4 months ago#2
It's because Fire Emblem used to have a duo magic triangle with Fire, Wind, and Lightning magic and then the Anima, Light, Dark triangle.

They got rid of the triangles but kept the spells.

There are ice spells in other games, though. Including Fates.
I am fire. I am... death. -Smaug

User Info: Sharebear420

Sharebear420
4 months ago#3
im surprised theres no monsters in this game either besides the risen

aren't there usually monster enemies in FE games?

User Info: Shadowstalker7

Shadowstalker7
4 months ago#4
Fire, Wind and Thunder all have small trade-offs (Wind's anti-flier property being the biggest) and the dark tomes are full of gimmick magic. Seems pretty varied to me. It's not like FFT's Fire, Ice and Bolt are mind-blowingly different, either. Sure, there's a ton of status effect spells, but many of them are of questionable value when not in the AI's hands (who can afford to gamble on 20-30% hit rates).

Ice spells tend to fall under Wind's domain.

Skills tend to be pretty simple, but I don't see them being much different from FFT's utility skills like, Move +1.

Monsters are a rarity in the series, with only Sacred Stones, Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia (a Gaiden remake) having them in large quantities. Awakening does have some non-Risen monsters, but they're limited to the Entombed. Fates also has Faceless and Stoneborn, but they tend to get upstaged by the water zombies that are a lot like Risen.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. spell/skill variety

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived