Annual reminder that Chrom is an a******.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Annual reminder that Chrom is an a******.

User Info: fireemblemomega

fireemblemomega
6 months ago#21
Ignore Endgame. He wouldn't know a good game if it crept up and bit his nose.

You can swap character, story, etc with game as you please.
Relearning compassion. Yes, it is a thing.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
6 months ago#22
So you're saying that on an objective level, Chrom is a good character and Awakening has a good story?

Am I reading this s*** right?
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
6 months ago#23
Endgame posted...
So you're saying that on an objective level, Chrom is a good character and Awakening has a good story?

It would be a lie to say objectively. Everything is relative. Are you saying he's objectively not, just to be clear?
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
"I tried to warn you, foul villain. The hand cannot be denied." --Owain

User Info: TheRobber

TheRobber
6 months ago#24
Endgame posted...

why do you even go to boards of games that you so clearly hate? just f*** off already.
especially since you admitted to not even having played them a while back.

User Info: XylonTheManaket

XylonTheManaket
6 months ago#25
How about instead of always reacting to legitimate criticism with "DUR HUR U NEVAR PLAED IT!11!1!11" (Something I could take away from you people in a few hours if I deemed it fit to. But I don't really care that much about you guys sooooo.....) you actually try to:

-Argue as to how I am wrong about the games. Or in this topic, how Chrom isn't an a******.

-Try to understand WHY I never bothered playing Awakening. (I did play Fates, which is literally Awakening 2 No, really. Owain, Severa, and Inigo are in it., and Echoes so your post doesn't even have that much merit. Oops.)

-Come to terms that Awakening has bad game design and writing. That doesn't mean you can't still like it though. People watch bad movies for s***s and giggles all the time. I myself like the Sharknado series for its absurdity.

-Not be reactionary gits to everyone who expresses a different view than yours. I think Super Mario Odyssey is the greatest game this entire decade and the first game I've actually paid Nintendo for in a long time, but you don't see me going after all the people bashing it, now do you?
I am fire. I am... death. -Smaug

User Info: TheRobber

TheRobber
6 months ago#26
normal people generally don't go to places where fans of certain media gather just to s*** on them. that's trolling and nothing else. you've made it clear that you hate the games, so just stay away. or are you suffering from some kind of stockholm syndrome?
then again, all you need to say is
emagdnE posted...
Nah man. I'm a dick.

to perfectly describe your entire being.

you actually had a somewhat interesting topic here, but then you just started s***ting on the game, like you always do. it's really goddamn old by this point.

User Info: Dunedainsith

Dunedainsith
5 months ago#27
Endgame posted...

Im shooting myself in the foot here by joining in this debate, but yea. Chrom is still a good guy and wants to NOT be like his dad who was a psycho. Sooo, if you were in his situation about the Risen and were surrounded by them and some happy-go-lucky person appears in front of you and jokes about you being surrounded by Risen and were going to die, would you laugh your head off or would you be irritated by this person joking around in a life-or-death situation and snap at them? If it were me, I would do exactly what Chrom would do. Im surrounded about to die if i dont fight and this person is making jokes like we are having afternoon tea. You dont joke about lives...

In medieval times it was common for kids and teens to fight in battles. If a someone came up to you, maybe around 13 or so with a pitchfork asking for help fighting bandits out of their village, would you think they knew somewhat how to fight? As I remember Chrom did give him a choice afterwards if he wanted to join and Donnel wanted to join so bad but worried for his mom. Remember in The Two Towers, King Theoden ordered his men to outfit little kids with spears and swords to help fight in Helms Deep? Now is King Theoden a jerk and a terrible person? That is just what they did back then.

People need to think and reflect more....
My FE:Heroes Units:
https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/user/12336

User Info: lady_god

lady_god
5 months ago#28
I would join in on this pointless debacle but I can already tell that this thread is full of trolls and bigots who have nothing better to do than criticize a game they never played and don't even like. l o l

Anyway i stand by my previous comment, Chrom may or may not be an a******, but yelling at a childish idiot definitely doesn't make him one. Awakening didn't have a great story, but most fire emblem stories are the same anyway; Dragon/really bad man wants to control/destroy the world because they're on a power trip, crazy or butthurt about something lame.

At least awakening had a coherent story, fates was just a huge mess and the main character sucked ass.

That is all I have to say on this joke of a thread.
COME AT ME BRO

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
5 months ago#29
Dunedainsith posted...
Endgame posted...

Im shooting myself in the foot here by joining in this debate, but yea. Chrom is still a good guy and wants to NOT be like his dad who was a psycho. Sooo, if you were in his situation about the Risen and were surrounded by them and some happy-go-lucky person appears in front of you and jokes about you being surrounded by Risen and were going to die, would you laugh your head off or would you be irritated by this person joking around in a life-or-death situation and snap at them? If it were me, I would do exactly what Chrom would do. Im surrounded about to die if i dont fight and this person is making jokes like we are having afternoon tea. You dont joke about lives...

In medieval times it was common for kids and teens to fight in battles. If a someone came up to you, maybe around 13 or so with a pitchfork asking for help fighting bandits out of their village, would you think they knew somewhat how to fight? As I remember Chrom did give him a choice afterwards if he wanted to join and Donnel wanted to join so bad but worried for his mom. Remember in The Two Towers, King Theoden ordered his men to outfit little kids with spears and swords to help fight in Helms Deep? Now is King Theoden a jerk and a terrible person? That is just what they did back then.

People need to think and reflect more....

@Dunedainsith

*sniffle* Thank you!
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
"I tried to warn you, foul villain. The hand cannot be denied." --Owain

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
5 months ago#30
you actually had a somewhat interesting topic here, but then you just started s***ting on the game, like you always do. it's really goddamn old by this point.

I didn't start bashing the game its self until I responded to fireemblemomega's fanboyish verbal diarrhea. Don't chide the wolf for getting provoked, chide the person who provoked the wolf. No s*** a wild animal is going to react to provocation.

PS. learn more about the role of dicks in society:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGcjrN7X7Rc

Now is King Theoden a jerk and a terrible person?

Well, he WAS being one before Gandalf smacked Saruman out of his mind.....
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Annual reminder that Chrom is an a******.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived