Is it only me who think that awakening's maps look better than fate's?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Is it only me who think that awakening's maps look better than fate's?

User Info: Evensen

Evensen
4 months ago#1
I'm not talking about the design, but like more of the setting and atmosphere. Even though fate made it so your character actually where where the stood when attacking while awakening just flighted in the same place, I think the theme in fate's maps are kinda boring, except some maps off course, but I think fates maps look prettier, had more atmosphere and had better effects. Maybe it just because I played birthright idk. I even liked the music better I awakening, even if fates have good music too. What do you think?

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
4 months ago#2
Evensen posted...
I even liked the music better I awakening, even if fates have good music too.

"Youuuuuuuuuuuu-- are the oooooooooocean's gr--" *muted*
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
4 months ago#3
I can't even remotely agree. The only aspect that awakening does better is story.

zhellybelly posted...
Evensen posted...
I even liked the music better I awakening, even if fates have good music too.

"Youuuuuuuuuuuu-- are the oooooooooocean's gr--" *muted*

Now I have to go listen to that fantastic song again thanks >_>
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
4 months ago#4
I can't even remotely disagree. The only aspect Fates does better is... f*** I can't think of anything.
http://i.imgur.com/0GZFPf1.gif

User Info: Big-Wicket

Big-Wicket
4 months ago#5
Airship_Canon posted...
I can't even remotely disagree. The only aspect Fates does better is... f*** I can't think of anything.

Animations.

And class designs. Well, the Nohrian ones anyway.
"No! You're going to sit here and talk with me, and you're going to enjoy it!" - Inigo, flirting
"BOOOOORING" - Female Morgan, rejecting

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 months ago#6
The only thing Fates really did better than ANY other Fire Emblem other than the Tellius games or Awakening is the final chapter theme.

Fates has a solid final chapter theme.

And when it comes to doing things better than Awakening or Tellius, Nina > any girl in the Tellius games or Awakening other than Adult Tiki, who isn't quite a new character and doesn't quite count.

.....But other than that, Fates is one of the worst games ever made. It's not only home to Xander, the worst character in the franchise, he's the f***ing driving force behind the plot because his refusal to accept his cartoon villain of a father as evil is the only reason the conflict is allowed to go on!
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
4 months ago#7
Endgame posted...
It's not only home to Xander, the worst character in the franchise, he's the f***ing driving force behind the plot because his refusal to accept his cartoon villain of a father as evil is the only reason the conflict is allowed to go on!

I wanted to bash my 3DS into my forehead over and over as I played through Birthright.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can roleplay as either top or bottom.

User Info: Eiyu

Eiyu
4 months ago#8
I think Fates is better, but prefer Awakening as a game overall.
3DS Friend Code: 3110-6583-2212, Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8338-8600, PSN: FiveLinxer
"You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!"

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
4 months ago#9
I miss the easily grindable DLC maps of Awakening. Fates' DLC maps are HORRIBLE for grinding. Boo Camp (and its Awakening ilk) is HORRIBLE for grinding higher levels.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Is it only me who think that awakening's maps look better than fate's?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived