• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. What exactly did Awakening do that made Fire Emblem become mainstream?

User Info: Street_Overlord

Street_Overlord
4 years ago#1
Which of these was the main reason? - Results (131 votes)
New art style
5.34% (7 votes)
Casual mode
32.06% (42 votes)
Marriages
30.53% (40 votes)
Avatar character (a first for localized FEs)
9.16% (12 votes)
Released during a 3DS game drought
12.98% (17 votes)
First original FE game in 7 years
7.63% (10 votes)
Availability of old characters like Marth and Roy
2.29% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I honestly can't pin point what Awakening specifically did that put Fire Emblem on the map.

User Info: llee1000

llee1000
4 years ago#2
What Awakening did was revitalize the series. It brought in many new fans to series. It was first announced our man Reggie from Nintendo and many people were excited for it. A lot of people who haven't played Fire Emblem said "maybe it is time for me to try out this game." Awakening did many things that new players wanted, being more forgiving. These new forgiving elements includes the sheer easiness of the game compared to others in the series and casual mode, which allowed new comers feel less worried about letting unit die. This boosted Awakening's sales and more people played the game as a result.
I am but a shadow of my former self.
Please leave me to be.

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
4 years ago#3
If by "becoming mainstream" you mean how it suddenly appealed to a lot more people (and sold so many more copies), I'm guessing the marriages and casual mode. The former gives it a ton of replay value while the latter lets every type of gamer play.

Speaking as a guy who hasn't played any other Fire Emblem game.
Let's all just take a second to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where, as a gay man, you can roleplay as either top or bottom.

User Info: Letseiv

Letseiv
4 years ago#4
I guess what caught me was the art style and music. I'd rather not play a game if I can't hear it and I have trouble going through games that have no tracks I can enjoy.
UNIVERSE!

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
4 years ago#5
The assumption that it was a singular factor or one factor had a greater draw than others is dumb and baseless.

It was a combination of a lot of the listed factors as marketing that made Awakening WAY more popular than any other.
I've already Fallen! I can't drive it out of my head! It's that I fall...!
Don't look down!

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
4 years ago#6
I'd like to say it was just the advertising in general.
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.

User Info: KingChickadee

KingChickadee
4 years ago#7
I feel like the art style change did a lot as well as the marriages
The fanservice was out of control for this game as well
tumblr also helped
I'm fabulous

User Info: RDS1

RDS1
4 years ago#8
Why isn't "advertising" on this list?
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 years ago#9
It didn't become mainstream.

It just pandered to the "otaku" at large. And they are most certainly not a mainstream audience.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Bronze_Stuff

Bronze_Stuff
4 years ago#10
It had a non-confusing advertisement.
Jimbo.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. What exactly did Awakening do that made Fire Emblem become mainstream?
  • Topic Archived