• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Can you get DLC if your 3DS is bought in another region?

User Info: NMidgard

NMidgard
7 years ago#1
I bought my 3DS in Indonesia, and it seems to be the US version of 3DS.(The only kind available, for some reason) However, I'm a student living in australia (and planning to permanently migrate) and it all works fine with the free DLC and it updates automatically and goes to my bonus box, however when I try to get the buyable ones, it says the region doesn't work or something. Is there any other solution than going to the US? Which I doubt I'll do..

I wanted to get at least one map I can farm because I just accidentally not recruited Owain and then overwritten my save..dem 9 hours T_T
It gets pretty annoying without somewhere you can farm since the towns with risens are a one time until you beat the next chapter.
-
shiningpikablu252 7 years ago#2
Unlike game cartridges (handheld games don't employ region locks for physical games), digital content on the 3DS is region-locked. You won't be able to get DLC for an Australian Awakening on a 3DS that appears to resemble an American build. Sorry.

Then again, I really don't see why you'd be able to get American 3DSes in Indonesia. Shouldn't Indonesia be selling 3DSes designed for the wide Asia region?
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
(message deleted)

User Info: Zappmaster

Zappmaster
7 years ago#4
No matter what region your game is, DLC can be bought for it anywhere on Earth with an internet connection.
http://www.last.fm/user/Rerased

User Info: papita69xxx

papita69xxx
7 years ago#5
I live in Chile and what i did was switching my 3DS region to the United States and buying a prepaid card from maximuscards

User Info: MichaelXC

MichaelXC
7 years ago#6
papita69xxx posted...
I live in Chile and what i did was switching my 3DS region to the United States and buying a prepaid card from maximuscards

^This. Change the region setting on your 3DS and either have a US credit card or buy prepaid cards from online shops.

User Info: NMidgard

NMidgard
7 years ago#7
Thank you! In indonesia I think they just find whichever ones that costs the least.. Basically all the 3dses in Indonesia seems to be American.

I'm going to try changing my region settings.
-
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Can you get DLC if your 3DS is bought in another region?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A